Baker Mayfield is really Joe Pendleton

buffaloboyinATL

20 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

Heaven Can Wait is one of my favorite movies.

All you young whippersnappers should watch it sometime.

Tremendous cast. 

It's a remake of Here Comes Mr. Jordan, though the first film involves a boxer, not a qb. Both pretty good. Claude Raines and Robert Montgomery ain't too shabby, either. If you have to be old to know about Heaven Can Wait, I guess you have to practically be a ghost to know about the original.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I am not a Mayfield fan but it's pretty funny should he play well for the Rams 

The Patriots and Jets have no real Quarterback and both teams passed.  A simple waiver claim could have changed everything in the AFC East.

I am not saying Mayfield will be any good but he could be 

I bet a lot of fans in NFL cities will be crying this morning, WHY DIDN'T WE CLAIM MAYFIELD????

All of those teams who passed will have a shot to sign him after the season. Let's see what he does the next 4 games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I am not a Mayfield fan but it's pretty funny should he play well for the Rams 

The Patriots and Jets have no real Quarterback and both teams passed.  A simple waiver claim could have changed everything in the AFC East.

I am not saying Mayfield will be any good but he could be 

I bet a lot of fans in NFL cities will be crying this morning, WHY DIDN'T WE CLAIM MAYFIELD????

Rams were 3-9. Not many teams higher in the waiver order this year. Even if the Jets or Pats** had put in a claim they wouldn’t have gotten him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It's a remake of Here Comes Mr. Jordan, though the first film involves a boxer, not a qb. Both pretty good. Claude Raines and Robert Montgomery ain't too shabby, either. If you have to be old to know about Heaven Can Wait, I guess you have to practically be a ghost to know about the original.

Or have Turner Classic Movies  TCM  included with your cable/ streaming service

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irish Dave said:

OK, I know 'boomer' is used in fun.   I've been getting called a boomer by guys in their 20s & 30s for years now.   I'm 52 and only too happy to talk Bills football with anybody from any generation.  What makes me crazy is the term "Boomer" somewhere along the line started getting used in the wrong way!!   It comes from "Baby Booomers" who were all born in the mid 1940s/late '50s I think.  That's what we used to call our parents.  So at some point the term started getting used to just lump all Older people into one  category I guess.  So the guys who got the 'Heaven can wait' reference are largely Gen X, I guess?      So - QUESTION for guys in their 20s:  If an older guy 'gets it wrong' and calls you a millenial or a Gen z'er or whatever, does it annoy you? 

I'm a GenXer. My point is, if you can remember a movie from 1978, you're probably a boomer. I was five then :lol:

33 minutes ago, transient said:

Rams were 3-9. Not many teams higher in the waiver order this year. Even if the Jets or Pats** had put in a claim they wouldn’t have gotten him. 

Yeh, but they could have traded with the Browns this summer and still got him cheap...

Edited by HOUSE

It will be interesting to see what he can do being coached by the Rams staff, but sometimes coaching can make all the difference. Case in point, Tua in Miami. Last year under Flores he was a well below average QB. Now under McDaniel unfortunately, he is a much better than average QB. 

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I would argue the raiders offense was worse than their defense. 0 points in the second half and 1 turnover. Defense secondary was terrible but that’s what you can expect if the offense keeps going 3 and out 

They held the other team under 20 points. That's all modern defenses can be expected to do. If you hold a team under 20 and can't score more than that, your offense failed you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.