Baker Mayfield is really Joe Pendleton

buffaloboyinATL

3 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Great movie, but a horrible premise! Everthing until the end is good. 

Spoiler alert:

They mistakenly kill Joe Pendleton then bring him back to find him a new body. His new body is ultimately QB Tom Jarrett, but at the end, they kill off Joe again when he actually becomes Tom Jarrett. Everything about Joe is gone....music, memory....everything. Terrible premise. 

NOOO!!! You spoiled it for me!

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I'm technically a millennial, but I find it highly disrespectful for people to make fun of and deride the baby boomer generation, personally. I think it is one of the more cringeworthy and childish things people do on the internet these days. Is it so much to ask for people to show kindness and respect to the generations that came before us? I guess so.

As one, I appreciate this.

But in addition, it always amazes me that millennials think that older people don’t know shite! I find the reverse is true… on virtually any knowledge subject- history, sports, politics, business, younger people’s comprehension of these appears to be the last 15 minutes!

Meaning? They have not Clue One why things are the way they are today, let alone the advances of human history that took place to get us there.

Miles Davis, Valentina Tereshkova or  Kenny Washington… they simply don’t know! Worse, they assume that older people have not experienced- personally, people, places events and things around the planet.

6 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

As one, I appreciate this.

But in addition, it always amazes me that millennials think that older people don’t know shite! I find the reverse is true… on virtually any knowledge subject- history, sports, politics, business, younger people’s comprehension of these appears to be the last 15 minutes!

Meaning? They have not Clue One why things are the way they are today, let alone the advances of human history that took place to get us there.

Miles Davis, Valentina Tereshkova or  Kenny Washington… they simply don’t know! Worse, they assume that older people have not experienced- personally, people, places events and things around the planet.

Part of the problem is a complete lack of understanding in the advancement of society over the past 100 years in the United States (and the world). The mind-boggling changes that the older generations have seen. The complete shift in average standard of living. My great grandfather, who I knew before he died a few years ago, went through the great depression and WWII, and he experienced real struggle in survival and standard of living. Even in my lifetime seeing the rapid rise of computers and technology. It's insane. It's incredible the younger generations can stoop to blame and derision for anyone who had to endure that vast change in their lifetimes.

I know I'm not the typical millenial,  and I fully understand that each generation has their own collective failures, but I really admire and respect those who came before and paved the way for a bright future for all of us. There are always bumps along the road.

People don't think about the struggle that the baby boomers went through. Their parents were ravaged by war and the great depression. Their fathers had PTSD and physical trauma from the war. It takes many generations for a society to recover from mental trauma like that. And still they were able to do great things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

Heaven Can Wait is one of my favorite movies.

All you young whippersnappers should watch it sometime.

Tremendous cast. 

Some of these 'young whippersnappers' are so unhip, it's a wonder their asses don't fall off...🤨

(Thank you, Douglas Adams)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Amazing game by Mayfield on 2 days, but Man! Did the Raiders play stupid on D and give them chance after chance.

Isn’t that sort of the story of Mayfield, though?  Can play brilliantly, then somehow can’t play within a system?

It’ll be interesting to see what McVay gets out of him for the next 4 weeks

OBJ was "the system" that sabotaged him, along with Baker himself lol

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Baker is his own worst enemy … he was the josh Allen story before josh … walk on … earned a STARTING JOB  as a walk on true freshmen 

wasn’t given a scholarship(which is asinine) gambled on himself and WALKED ON again at Oklahoma 

and became a heisman winner and campus legend  … his work ethic COULD NOT be questioned then…

he has a very strong arm , great ball placement and a quick release .,, and is tough af 

somewhere along the way he drank his own kool aid and his cockiness has stunted his growth as a player … maybe he finally wakes up 

Too short.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

NOOO!!! You spoiled it for me!

You're supposed to stop reading after: "Spoiler Alert"

😉 

9 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

He was injured. But, he wasn’t going to be hit, Shaw. To not go that one more yard was inexcusable. I agree with all the other idiotic Saint plays. Still, Daulton threw a 25 yard Allen- Diggs dart on that 3rd. & 17, that wasn’t dropped by a rookie. Believe it was Kamara.

Oh, I agree, by NFL tough guy standards, he should have gotten to the stick, injured or not.  All I'm really saying is that by ordinary human being standards, I wasn't surprised that he lost his concentration.  

Dalton wasn't great - and taking the sack was inexcusable, but he didn't lose it.  I don't complain a lot about clock management, but the clock management unquestionably cost them the game.  It was downright amateurish.  

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Too short.

You're supposed to stop reading after: "Spoiler Alert"

😉

True. But sometimes it's hard to stop. It's like me when I go to the sports bar to watch Bills games. I'll order a huge platter of loaded nachos. it'll arrive, and I'll tell my friends, 'No way I can finish this.'  By half time the waitress is taking the empty platter away, and I look like this....

Nachos.jpg

Edited by Fleezoid
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Baker is his own worst enemy … he was the josh Allen story before josh … walk on … earned a STARTING JOB  as a walk on true freshmen 

wasn’t given a scholarship(which is asinine) gambled on himself and WALKED ON again at Oklahoma 

and became a heisman winner and campus legend  … his work ethic COULD NOT be questioned then…

he has a very strong arm , great ball placement and a quick release .,, and is tough af 

somewhere along the way he drank his own kool aid and his cockiness has stunted his growth as a player … maybe he finally wakes up 

LOL that's some revionist history...

The real story is he had multiple Division I scholarships to pick from, he just chose not to take them, he didn't need a scholarship to attend college so he walked on at Texas Tech because he wanted to go there, when he lost the starting job he cried and complained and left and then walked on at risk Oklahoma without even telling the football team he was going there. TT had a guy named Patrick Mahomes waiting in the wings and he tucked his tail and bolted. 

He's a spoiled little frat boy brat and fake tough guy who cries like a baby at the sign of trouble (see multiple press conferences in college and his arrest video).

He's an absolute turd and his failure is so enjoyable to watch. Sometimes the universe gets it right. 

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Loved Baker's swagger, man. Def a guy I wanted as a Bill and thought he was gonna be the guy. Thank God i wasn't the GM

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

LOL that's some revionist history...

The real story is he had multiple Division I scholarships to pick from, he just chose not to take them, he didn't need a scholarship to attend college so he walked on at Texas Tech because he wanted to go there, when he lost the starting job he cried and complained and left and then walked on at risk Oklahoma without even telling the football team he was going there. TT had a guy named Patrick Mahomes waiting in the wings and he tucked his tail and bolted. 

He's a spoiled little frat boy brat and fake tough guy who cries like a baby at the sign of trouble (see multiple press conferences in college and his arrest video).

He's an absolute turd and his failure is so enjoyable to watch. Sometimes the universe gets it right. 

I never said he didn’t have any offers 

He could’ve went to a mid major but bet On himself and his talents

There’s not one other walk on who Started at quarterback at a major program As a true freshman majority of season … That’s not revisionist history..

Texas tech wasn’t willing to give him a scholarship after and that’s asinine  … He won the job as a true freshman in the Big12 as a walk on… Even if Patrick Mahomes is better that’s worth a scholarship 100% of the time

That’s a fact

And That doesn’t mean Baker would be a superstar in the NFL… But absolutely has way more talent than to be a journeyman at this point… And should’ve been given a scholarship by Texas Tech

It’s OK if Baker stole your girlfriend.. His story and joshes are certainly among the greatest ever in college sports

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.