Sign marks where midfield of the new Buffalo Bills stadium will be

BuffaloBills1998

48 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Buying properties that arent for sale, you have to pay alot more. And people arent as willing to sell as you would think. There was a ton of government owned property in orchard park. No matter what, its easier to leave it there.

Also extremely stupid. 

• Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, Since1981 said:

50% chance it won't make it to the Jets game.

100% chance it is gone at the Saturday Night Game (fish)

Question is will it appear north of the border or will it remain in NYS?  Coming to a Bills Den soon for sure..  

17 hours ago, wjag said:

hmmm...  looks like a collectable item to me..  I give it one game..

You're right.  And I'm thinking there must be like 95-100 cameras trained on it for that exact reason.  Whomever takes it MIGHT get it back to their car.  I'm imagining the boardroom conversation in which it was decided to place the marker out there in the first place.

Idea Person:  "Got this GREAT idea...!"

Rational Person:  "ARE YOU F-ING NUTS?!?"

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Hoffa.png

Maybe they will find him when they start digging up the parking lot.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/21/no-evidence-of-teamsters-jimmy-hoffa-found-under-new-jersey-bridge/

Speaking of which - maybe I missed this info somewhere but - once they start building, where will they park all of the displaced vehicles on game days?

Edited by cd1

On 12/9/2022 at 9:05 AM, cd1 said:

Maybe they will find him when they start digging up the parking lot.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/21/no-evidence-of-teamsters-jimmy-hoffa-found-under-new-jersey-bridge/

I once briefly met a guy at a conference years ago who boasted some inside knowledge of the Hoffa disappearance - guy was a bit of an oddball, so credibility was highly questionable, imo.  Anyhow, says Hoffa was incinerated in a crucible at some Ford plant in or around Detroit from which poured the molten steel later to be stamped into Ford bodies.  So, if you're still driving around in a '75 Ford (or perhaps '76 if the steel was for the new model year), you just might be driving around with a tiny bit of the essence of Jimmy Hoffa in the body of your vehicle.  Crazy story.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/8/2022 at 4:24 PM, SinceThe70s said:

One of the Citi Field (Mets) parking lots is on the site of the original Shea stadium. A cool thing they did was mark where the bases and pitchers mound were. Assuming it's possible, it would be cool to mark where the goal posts and/or midfield currently are when the Bills new stadium is built.

Great idea. One problem with that is Highmark field is approx. 50 ft below grade and plans call for it to be filled in and made into a surface parking lot so you won't be able to mark it as envisioned and would be cool. They can put multiple markers in with appropriate plaques saying 50 ft under this spot was the x and the x.

Or they can terrace the lots around the field keeping the current floor of the football field for parking or tailgating area on the original turf field. This would be cool. 

maybe even make an Ampitheater for concerts using part of end zone terraced seating. Repurposing the clubs for restaurants club areas for concerts etc etc... Upper deck obviously removed. 

I wonder if any other development is being considered. It is in a rock bowl and an amp theater would fit perfect.

Edited by cba fan

8 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Great idea. One problem with that is Highmark field is approx. 50 ft below grade and plans call for it to be filled in and made into a surface parking lot so you won't be able to mark it as envisioned and would be cool. They can put multiple markers in with appropriate plaques saying 50 ft under this spot was the x and the x.

Or they can terrace the lots around the field keeping the current floor of the football field for parking or tailgating area on the original turf field. This would be cool. 

maybe even make an Ampitheater for concerts using part of end zone terraced seating. Repurposing the clubs for restaurants club areas for concerts etc etc... Upper deck obviously removed. 

I wonder if any other development is being considered. It is in a rock bowl and an amp theater would fit perfect.

Thanks for the details - Citi Field probably just got lucky with the reconfiguration. But it is cool as hell to walk into a game and be able to stand in the spot that the ball went past Buckner or the spot that I saw Seaver throw countless gems. Pretty much every time I do it I have to wait for someone taking a picture.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.