With Josh Allen you have to cover the entire field - Next Gen Stats says so

BuffaloBill

Next Gen Stats

@NextGenStats

Josh Allen was 0.3 yards from the sideline on this 8-yard TD pass, the 2nd-closest to the sideline on a completion in the NGS era. Since 2016, there have been four completions with a release within a yard of the sideline; Allen has three of them. #BUFvsNE | Powered by

@awscloud

Just amazing - play is not over until its over

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Next Gen Stats

@NextGenStats

Josh Allen was 0.3 yards from the sideline on this 8-yard TD pass, the 2nd-closest to the sideline on a completion in the NGS era. Since 2016, there have been four completions with a release within a yard of the sideline; Allen has three of them. #BUFvsNE | Powered by

@awscloud

When I see all the coverage from that play last weekend I sorta shrug and think people should see what he did to the Jets at the end of last year.  Stiff arming Quinen Williams and then shrugging off his brother to throw to diggs is still the most bonkers play I have ever seen a QB make.

• Agree 1

On 12/8/2022 at 10:18 AM, YattaOkasan said:

When I see all the coverage from that play last weekend I sorta shrug and think people should see what he did to the Jets at the end of last year.  Stiff arming Quinen Williams and then shrugging off his brother to throw to diggs is still the most bonkers play I have ever seen a QB make.

It was almost comical 

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Allen is also the winningest QB in Bills history that has any significant starts for us.  

Allen .658

Kelly .631

Flutie .590

Kemp .574

Taylor .523

So basically everyone else is under 500?

I think that part has really been lost the last few years is just how rough it had been for huge stretches of the history. 20 straight loses to the dolphins, something like 15 straight to the Pats, a 17 year playoff drought and just so many heart breaking losses (not just games like 13 seconds, but some of those drought 7-9 seasons had really gut punching things that happened that prevented some pretty talented teams from taking advantage of getting hot at the right time and squeezing into the playoffs. Then who knows, look at the giants and those Mario Williams teams had the line talent to go on a run like that.

All that is talked about now is the "Bills Mafia" being crazy and whatever they keep rehashing. Can they please stop rehashing that and start rehashing the pain and anguish please.

• Vomit 1

17 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I think that part has really been lost the last few years is just how rough it had been for huge stretches of the history. 20 straight loses to the dolphins, something like 15 straight to the Pats, a 17 year playoff drought and just so many heart breaking losses (not just games like 13 seconds, but some of those drought 7-9 seasons had really gut punching things that happened that prevented some pretty talented teams from taking advantage of getting hot at the right time and squeezing into the playoffs. Then who knows, look at the giants and those Mario Williams teams had the line talent to go on a run like that.

All that is talked about now is the "Bills Mafia" being crazy and whatever they keep rehashing. Can they please stop rehashing that and start rehashing the pain and anguish please.

This post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and thanks for a depressing Friday afternoon "refresher" to enlighten everyone how bad the Bills have been in the past.  Our current win streak and current #1 seeding in the AFC be demanded.

Brilliant idea, "Start rehashing the pain and anguish".

Unreal.

24 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Yeah...the thing that was most frustrating especially during the later drought years is those teams were not actually "bad" for the most part. They had some talent but the issue was they had no real plan in terms of where they wanted to go and how to get there.

They'd rarely beat good teams, but even then, it almost defied the law of averages that they wouldn't have snuck into the playoffs at least once just based on luck

22 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and thanks for a depressing Friday afternoon "refresher" to enlighten everyone how bad the Bills have been in the past.  Our current win streak and current #1 seeding in the AFC be demanded.

Brilliant idea, "Start rehashing the pain and anguish".

Unreal.

At least I didn't bring up no goal right :)

It's relevant though. Have the steelers had a .523 season under Tomlin?

I'm just saying the narrative seems to have turned to how great it is to be a Bills fan and yes, getting to watch Josh Allen play for your team is amazing and we are so lucky and it is so fun. 

They're portraying bills fans as a quirky die hard bunch. The fact that your 5th highest qb that played meaningful snaps has a .523 winning percentage and just the huge, huge gaps between the qbs on that list other than Kelly and Flutie and Flutie played like two years and that was right before the Brady era shut things down, just like the early Shula era.

Yes we have a great time and we put on appearances, but no, deep down we are not ok and that's OK, it's who we are. It's what makes us great as fans, but the re-framing by the national media has been interesting to watch.

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Eyeroll 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:04 AM, ProcessTruster said:

yep they pulled it off for sure.   heck of a risky throw, but hey, in the post Micah/Von world we increasingly live by Josh, die by Josh as the season goes on.   that is the world we live in.  I'll take it. 

There was a defensive holding call on the play and he doesn't throw the ball until the flag was thrown. I think it was less risky throw and more excellent situational awareness to realize even if it's picked it's going to get overturned due to the defensive penalty.

4 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Since day 1, what I like most about Josh is that 3rd & 5 or 3rd & 15, who cares. Same stuff basically. Look at how 90% of the time, other teams run a draw play on 3rd & 12+. Bills sling it, and it often pays off.

Completely agree, I'd rather them go down slinging than go silently into the night. It will make for some bad moments, but also alot of great ones.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I suppose I could check the Google, but does anyone know who is the 4th?

It's also Josh Allen, they just didn't want the rest of the league to feel bad.

On 12/7/2022 at 2:36 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Next Gen Stats

@NextGenStats

@awscloud

It's become a signature play of Josh Allen

Manning had "OmaHA"

Brady had "OmaGOD ref! That's a penalty! Waaahh!"

Allen has "OmaGOD HOW DID HE MAKE THAT THROW!"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.