No criminal charges against Araiza

Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Well, fighting is pretty different from what we’re talking about here in a lot of ways, so I don’t understand your analogy.

If someone goes out somewhere with the intent of something happening and does so with motivation, then should we be surprised when it happens? Intent matters.

someone gets a gun and tells people they are going out with the intent to murder someone. They shoot a person, but then claim it was self defense and they weren't planning on killing anyone.  Do you believe them?

Edited by Big Turk

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Guessing you did not see the video of the girl bragging about how she was going to be adding  more than 1  to her body count that night?

If that was my daughter in that video she'd be grounded to 35 😀

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So you are telling me if a guy went out to a bar looking for a fight and then you found out later he got in a fight and ended up in the hospital that you would be saying he played no part in that happening?

Well that analogy stinks.

First off, fighting is illegal, having sex is not.

Secondly, consent for sex can be withdrawn at any point, and if the other person(s) keep going, that is rape/sexual assault. You can't start a fight and then suddenly say, actually I'm not into this anymore and the other person throws a punch and suddenly they are in more trouble.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

So then you're cool with Deshaun Watson too then?  There wasn't enough evidence to charge him either.

Apples and oranges Imo. Watson had 30+ accusations. Azaira had one. Plus Watson settled with some of the accusers. Not saying either are 100% innocent, but there's differences between the 2 cases 

35 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And another assault is swept under the rug.  No wonder why women often do not go to the police or school to report an assault. They immediately become the accused not the other way around.   Sad.  

Araiza lost an NFL contract and the Bills really couldn’t have done anything differently. Today all you need is being accused and you’ll become a pariah and lose your job. Are all accusations false? Absolutely not. Are some? I’m pretty sure they are. There are lots of nutty women out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If someone goes out somewhere with the intent of something happening and does so with motivation, then should we be surprised when it happens? Intent matters.

If she wanted to go to a party and have consensual sex, that isn’t what happened anyway (according to her).

Following your dumb analogy it would be like saying on camera you want to get into a fight before a party, and then someone sucker punching you at the party and kicking you on the ground.

I wouldn’t say, “well he said he wanted to fight.”

DAs only bring a case to trial if it’s a slam dunk. People should know this by now. I’m not saying he is personally guilty either, I’m just saying you can’t say she’s a liar. We just don’t know.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Doesn’t matter regardless he admitted to sleeping with her and she was underage. That alone legally would have to make him register as a sex offender. It’s statutory rape. 

Acquaint yourself with the specific CA statute and what the acceptable defenses are. In CA, in addition to the victim outright saying she was over 18, things like appearance, dress, or attendance in a bar or other adult venue may all be considered reasonable in determining why the accused thought the victim was of age.

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Basically it sounds like they concluded the girl is full of crap and that Araiza didn't do anything wrong.

Way to fly right off the deep-end on a terrible take when they told you exactly what they think. No need to incorrectly re-interpret.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And another assault is swept under the rug.  No wonder why women often do not go to the police or school to report an assault. They immediately become the accused not the other way around.   Sad.  

Wow, what evidence do you have that this is one of those instances? Do you believe that anyone accused of sexual assault should be considered guilty just by the word of the supposed victim alone, without even considering the evidence? Do you think that women have never brought false charges against men?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

If she wanted to go to a party and have consensual sex, that isn’t what happened anyway (according to her).

Following your dumb analogy it would be like saying on camera you want to get into a fight before a party, and then someone sucker punching you at the party and kicking you on the ground.

I wouldn’t say, “well he said he wanted to fight.”

DAs only bring a case to trial if it’s a slam dunk. People should know this by now. I’m not saying he is personally guilty either, I’m just saying you can’t say she’s a liar. We just don’t know.

Actually according to her, her encounter with Araiza was.  She claimed she told him she was 17 as an excuse for not being able to give consent, but everyone knows that was a lie.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

They came out and said the evidence doesn't support the filing charges... thats a nice way of calling them fullbof crap

I mean you're just flat out wrong on that.

You also sound like you think that if someone was arrested then they are obviously guilty.

If I want to prove you are wearing socks under your sneakers in a court of law, I need to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I can be positive you're wearing socks based on all the evidence I have leading me to make that reasonable assumption, but I can't prove it. That doesn't mean me thinking you have socks on is full of crap, it just means i do not have the evidence required to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Idk if the Bills or anyone in the NFL will be calling for him

He is a lightening rod right now.  I assume nobody will want the distraction at this point in the season.  He probably gets training camp invites next year.