Jets experiencing a flu outbreak

Rubes

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I have the flu right NOW! And I got a flu shot. Guess that throws a wrench into your theory.

I used to only get the flu when I had a shot and so I stopped.

But then I got totally knocked out by the flu one year and I struggled through a rec league bball playoff game because I couldn’t recover in time. (We lost;  I was so gassed). Ever since then, I have gotten the shot only because it is supposed to speed up your recovery if you get the flu. 

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

yea, I wish no injuries or health issues on any one. I want their best team on the field so when we crush them, there will be no excuses

Meh.

After the injuries the Bills have had, I don’t care if every opponent is reduced to the Little Sisters of the Poor- especially now!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Five pages of this and I would have expected someone to bring up Bruce's absence from the Pittsburgh playoff game in 1996 by now.

Anyway, Bruce hadn't gotten his shot because he didn't like needles.

No, a vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting the flu, but it *generally* does help you recover faster because your body's immune system recognizes it and knows what to do sooner. 

We would have won that game if Bruce had been healthy enough to play.   No doubt in my mind.

19 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

"Capouch’s decision to allegedly relieve himself in the machine may have been influenced by alcohol, officers noted in the documents." 🤣

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

I remember how the flu cost us a playoff game once.

Come on flu, you owe us!!!

On 12/7/2022 at 8:48 PM, BRH said:

Five pages of this and I would have expected someone to bring up Bruce's absence from the Pittsburgh playoff game in 1996 by now.

Anyway, Bruce hadn't gotten his shot because he didn't like needles.

No, a vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting the flu, but it *generally* does help you recover faster because your body's immune system recognizes it and knows what to do sooner. 

We would have won that game if Bruce had been healthy enough to play.   No doubt in my mind.

"Capouch’s decision to allegedly relieve himself in the machine may have been influenced by alcohol, officers noted in the documents." 🤣

F!!!! I JUST READ THIS after my post!!!

We are old, you know LOL

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I remember how the flu cost us a playoff game at home once.

Come on flu, you owe us!!!

F!!!! I JUST READ THIS after my post!!!

We are old, you know LOL

Just sos I can be “ that guy” this game was at 3 Rivers. 

My then fiancé, now wife, had won a trip to Cancun for that weekend. She knew I was gunna watch the game and decided to come with me to the bar to watch. Bills got way behind , I think Kelly got hurt and Dough Boy came in , she wanted to leave just as Alex started to make some plays. 

long story, I stayed , she left in a fit, we had our first massive fight back in the room… morale of the story she learned early nothing gets between me and a Bills game, and we have been blissfully married for 25 years! 

14 minutes ago, arcane said:

Is it influenza or a stomach bug? The latter seems to hit locker rooms way more frequently, yet for some reason they are used interchangeably by people even though they are wildly different illnesses 

I have no earthly clue the difference. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'Dough Boy'? 🤨 Coupled with the 'coal for the kids at Christmas' story from a few years back, I think I see why the Karmic Football Gods have frowned upon this fanbase for so many years...

😁

Cmon, that was his nickname!!!!

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

My then fiancé, now wife, had won a trip to Cancun for that weekend. She knew I was gunna watch the game and decided to come with me to the bar to watch. Bills got way behind , I think Kelly got hurt and Dough Boy came in , she wanted to leave just as Alex started to make some plays. 

long story, I stayed , she left in a fit, we had our first massive fight back in the room… morale of the story she learned early nothing gets between me and a Bills game, and we have been blissfully married for 25 years! 

I have no earthly clue the difference. 

Influenza is a respiratory virus that will knock you on your ass for a week or 2

Stomach bugs make you sit on a toilet and puke for 24-48 hours then go away

They aren't even on the same planet of experience 

A lot of people think their cold is the flu too, but when you have the actual flu, you will never ever forget it 

Bruce had influenza and couldn't even stand up, and we still talk about it. Every Bill has probably had a stomach bug in the last 2 seasons, nobody recalls it

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 4

52 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Kelly came back into that game and threw a TD with a broken collarbone.  I know this sort of thing would be frowned upon in the modern NFL, but it's one of my all-time favorite Jim Kelly memories even if it was in a loss.

My wife and I got engaged over Christmas break when we were both in college.  We spent a bunch of time together (obviously) and she wanted to me to out one afternoon to hang around with some of her old friends from high school.  The Bills were playing that day, so I told her thanks but no thanks -- I really want to watch this game.  I remember that day.  It was January 3, 1993.  I don't think we would have made it to the alter if I had spent the afternoon with her high school buddies.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillyBilliams said:

It's only Wednesday.  They'll be fine and ready for Sunday.

They say this years flu is pretty rough, even if they are on the mend by Sunday more than likely they will have some lingering effects

My biggest worry is it moving back over to the Bills locker room. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.