Jets experiencing a flu outbreak

Rubes

29 minutes ago, arcane said:

Influenza is a respiratory virus that will knock you on your ass for a week or 2

Stomach bugs make you sit on a toilet and puke for 24-48 hours then go away

They aren't even on the same planet of experience 

No kidding.  I had the flu in 2019, never been through anything like that before, 5 weeks flat on my back in bed.  Realized then that the few other times in my life I thought I had flu I must have just had a bad cold.  Jets may get pumped full of saline and meds to get through this game but if they have any kind of serious flu they are going to struggle.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Beck Water said:

LOL.  When I had my first kid, I got sick every year too.  I attributed it to daycares and schools being little germ factories and kids being little plague vectors.

As the kid got older and her and my immune system got tougher (about age 6 or 7 IIRC) I stopped getting sick so much.

I”m told if the kids change schools, it’s “open season” for a new set of bugs but she never did.

I’m going through this right now with our three year old and six week old. Daycare is a Petri dish. We all get something monthly 😕

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

I’m going through this right now with our three year old and six week old. Daycare is a Petri dish. We all get something monthly 😕

with kids that age you just have to be ready to be sick on and off from september to january.  it always seemed to level off around then.  my daughter is 7, and it's finally stopped with her.  our son is 4, and it's better, but he still brings stuff home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, kinda funny seeing this posted by you. 

SpbO.gif

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Influenza is a respiratory virus that will knock you on your ass for a week or 2

Stomach bugs make you sit on a toilet and puke for 24-48 hours then go away

They aren't even on the same planet of experience 

A lot of people think their cold is the flu too, but when you have the actual flu, you will never ever forget it 

Bruce had influenza and couldn't even stand up, and we still talk about it. Every Bill has probably had a stomach bug in the last 2 seasons, nobody recalls it

Quoted for truth.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/7/2022 at 5:19 PM, MJS said:

I have the flu right NOW! And I got a flu shot. Guess that throws a wrench into your theory.

no not really. 

I don't know you.........🤣🤣🤣

according to many that's the only data that matters. Thanks for falling into my trap  🤣🤣

On 12/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, nedboy7 said:

I have never had the flu shot and have had the flu once in my lifetime. 

see.......you should have taken the vax!!.......duh......🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/7/2022 at 2:44 PM, teef said:

i had the flu a few years ago and it absolutely rocked me.  i felt wildly bad for about 4-5 days, but it took me another week just to feel better.  i have to image that most of these guys will play, but they may not be anywhere near 100% depending how bad they have it.

The flu sucks horse nuts! 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just sos I can be “ that guy” this game was at 3 Rivers. 

My then fiancé, now wife, had won a trip to Cancun for that weekend. She knew I was gunna watch the game and decided to come with me to the bar to watch. Bills got way behind , I think Kelly got hurt and Dough Boy came in , she wanted to leave just as Alex started to make some plays. 

long story, I stayed , she left in a fit, we had our first massive fight back in the room… morale of the story she learned early nothing gets between me and a Bills game, and we have been blissfully married for 25 years! 

I have no earthly clue the difference. 

This is the worst Penthouse Forum story ever. 

• Haha (+1) 10

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Interesting how suddenly all the illness in the NFL is literally ANYTHING but Covid-19.....complete change from the last few seasons! 

They still test players with symptoms for Covid, because there are specific treatments and they want the players to get them.

Test for Flu as well for the same reason

We now return you to your Theories of Personal Preference

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/7/2022 at 2:44 PM, teef said:

i had the flu a few years ago and it absolutely rocked me.  i felt wildly bad for about 4-5 days, but it took me another week just to feel better.  i have to image that most of these guys will play, but they may not be anywhere near 100% depending how bad they have it.

Depends on availability of tamiflu.  I have heard some areas are having shortages. I caught the flu seeing patients at an urgent care one day. Had seen about 50 people when I suddenly felt it hit me at 3 pm! Never felt something so sudden from a viral standpoint hit me. By the time I left to go home at 10 pm , I felt so sick I had a hard time driving five min home. Flu is not like any other virus, it really hits like a truck  Anyhow , my good friend was an ARNP and went to a 24 hour Cvs and got me tamiflu.  Supposedly the earlier you start it the better. I got two doses in and was back at work the following afternoon shift. 

Just saying this cuz 1) I am a huge fan of tamiflu! And 2) if the Jets players have access to tamiflu , and influenza is what they actually have , I would say there is about a 99% chance these otherwise young , healthy guys will be playing Sunday.  

Its  a shame there is no ACL-flu fix for Von!  Man , still breaks my heart this happened for him and for this team which has fought thru so much this year. It’s just why as a very, very long time Bills enjoyer , it’s so hard to ever just expect things to turn out good concerning this team. It’s why if you’re a long time fan you can’t trust the score until the clock is turned off cuz they can always call you back to the field because some penalty from the small print of the rule book occurred.
   Its  the reason old time fans never bought into all the hype that “ this is the year we win the super bowl!”  Hey , I’m not saying we won’t or can’t still do it , bu is sure looks suddenly a lot harder than it did when the year began , doesn’t it!? Great roster talent , best coaching staff and stability for years , a true unicorn franchise QB who barely avoids a torn UL, and part of an all pro receiver tandem , finally a real running game developing ,  and a superstar edge rusher reminiscent of Bruce  joins us!

All this , ,,,,only to experience a season ending injury in the middle of travel related to 77 freaky inches of snow forcing an extra game on bad turf and 3 games in 12 days where the unlucky injury occurred  in the middle game  This is why an old guy like me feels like “:only the Bills”  could somehow have a guy say he’s playing the Jets this Sunday while on his twitch stream , to then being gone the remainder of the season after a simple clean up arthroscopy is done !  Yep , “Billsy “ is still a thing ; I just hope winning a Lombardi by beating the Cowboys finally becomes a Billsy thing!   We owe them and I was actually at the stadiums for  both losses and it would finally come full circle. Now that would be BILLSY! 😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just sos I can be “ that guy” this game was at 3 Rivers. 

My then fiancé, now wife, had won a trip to Cancun for that weekend. She knew I was gunna watch the game and decided to come with me to the bar to watch. Bills got way behind , I think Kelly got hurt and Dough Boy came in , she wanted to leave just as Alex started to make some plays. 

long story, I stayed , she left in a fit, we had our first massive fight back in the room… morale of the story she learned early nothing gets between me and a Bills game, and we have been blissfully married for 25 years! 

I have no earthly clue the difference. 

I mixed up the Jaguars game and the Steelers game...! LMAO Damn

Well, my better half is a huge football fan, so after 19 years it has never been a problem thankfully UNLESS the Bills play the Colts. That playoff game was BRUTAL.... she was so mad at me when the Bills won!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I used to think I had a great immune system. Turns out I was pretty good at avoiding small humans sneezing directly into my mouth 

I'm recovering from some kind of cold/flu that knocked me out for a week.  The only good thing about Covid is I was never sick.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I used to think I had a great immune system. Turns out I was pretty good at avoiding small humans sneezing directly into my mouth 

Same here. Got puked on for the first time, by my 3 year old daughter this week. 

Hopefully the Jets are going through similar stuff right now :)

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

They still test players with symptoms for Covid, because there are specific treatments and they want the players to get them.

Test for Flu as well for the same reason

We now return you to your Theories of Personal Preference

Now seeing cases in lower NY where Pts have both... oof

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Same here. Got puked on for the first time, by my 3 year old daughter this week. 

Hopefully the Jets are going through similar stuff right now :)

Welcome to parenthood!  I still remember cupping my hands to receive my daughter's puke - What a lovely experience!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/7/2022 at 1:44 PM, teef said:

Teefs immune system is slightly compromised from all the bath salts😉

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

The silver lining is it will likely build up everyone’s immunity and when they are school age they (and you) won’t get sick as often. But daycare is a Petri dish for sure haha 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.