Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Does does anyone know was it a partial or full tear? Wouldn't a partial tear take less than 12 months to recover?

As I understand it, it was a partial tear. Beane said something about it wouldn’t last. Unfortunately, sewing it back up isn’t an option. You don’t fix it, you replace it. We’ve had a bit of experience with this, but I’d love to hear from someone (knowledgeable 😋) if that’s incorrect. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Von posted an upbeat, positive video about being back next year.

Beane said he expects him back for most of next year.  Also will be back with team this year off the field and rehab in Buffalo.  

Obviously we can conclude … injury settlement. 

well with all the money involved they all have to put a positive spin on it, no other way to handle it at this point, in reality no one really knows how its all gonna go down, time will tell, no NFL team or player like Von gonna say that tho = bad pr

1 hour ago, NC-billsfan! said:

S/ LB-Milano? 

Milano is good, but I don't think he is good enough to hang with Kelce w/o help.

Kelce is a special talent. He runs routes as crisply as any receiver yet has that strength, size, and height to outmuscle DBs and safeties for contested balls. He has a better catching radius and softer hands than Knox and has also mastered that little shove or pushoff in and out of his breaks to create enough separation to be a consistent target.

Also, for reasons I cannot fathom, defenses lose track of him - especially down in the red zone. It is like he is coated in radar-absorbing material.

You cannot let him get off the line cleanly or he will just run by folks, find the soft areas in your zone schemes on schedule where Mahomes will hit him. You have to jam him and disrupt the timing and the route first and foremost. Then do your best bracketing him in coverage and making him earn every catch. Take your flags and your lumps along the way, but probably worth it down the stretch in a game just to keep him and Mahomes off their game.

Edited by WideNine

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

As I understand it, it was a partial tear. Beane said something about it wouldn’t last. Unfortunately, sewing it back up isn’t an option. You don’t fix it, you replace it. We’ve had a bit of experience with this, but I’d love to hear from someone (knowledgeable 😋) if that’s incorrect. 

Are we sure?

If he tore it already then it wasn’t “replaced.”  Or was it?  And if replaced, how did it tear?

The Tight Rope device they’re using now on ankles and lisfranc tendons - this is supposed to be changing the game.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6379736/#:~:text=The “mini” TightRope™ syndesmosis device is a promising method,need for subsequent metalwork removal.

It got Tua on the field in 28 days after his ankle sprain in….2019?

And I think Cooper Kupp just had it.  

It’s being used in place of the screws.  It’s like a 15 year old technique now.  Still relatively new.   

I’ve read we’re getting close to something similar for an ACL injury.  Turning a 12 month recovery into 2-3 months.  I’d have to do some deep digging.   

The stuff we can do is truly amazing.  

Nothing else to say other than bad luck in regards to the injury. Have questioned this team’s mental makeup before. Bills were Super Bowl contenders prior to Von arriving and they still are. Hopefully we see the other guys step up and the coaches put them in the best position to succeed.

8 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

For all you Miller contract doomsdayers out in force in this thread, I have a question:

where were all of you expressing such concern after Von was signed and for the entirety of this season before the Thanksgiving game?

Injuries happen. They don’t suddenly make a contract bad. This is Monday morning quarterbacking at its finest and is typical of some on this board.

So you are a contract doomsdayer naysayer?

All they need to calm everyone down is for AJ Epenesa to turn into that 2021 @Miami AJ Ephinephrine and revive that pass rush for a couple months

OilyVainEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gi

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Are we sure?

If he tore it already then it wasn’t “replaced.”  Or was it?  And if replaced, how did it tear?

I’m sorry, I don’t understand the question. But first, I’m not SURE of anything. 

It seems it was exploratory surgery that found a partial tear. They were looking for his recent damage, and found more. Beane said something like “it wouldn’t have held up”. That implies to me it wasn’t fully torn, but was compromised and at serious risk. If that’s the case, it was never replaced, but even replaced ACL’s can tear again. The surgeons told us the graft was actually stronger than your own ACL, but stuff happens. 

3 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

I haven't lost any hope on the Bills chances tho! there is only one injury that would cause that and i am not even gonna type that

SSSSSSHHHHHH! You’ve said enough. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Yep. 100% because I trust our other guys and know we are getting other people back. I'd rather have Hyde then Miller. I like our home grown talent.

Plus I don't think we can win the super bowl this year and I half expected him to be injured. Just a gut feeling. 

You realize Hyde was a Free Agent that was drafted by Green Bay? Also have you watched AJ Epenesa play football?

I do like a good troll job though haha

8 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Damn!  That sucks, but Von can still contribute to the team by coaching up the rest of the Defense, and helping them all understand what it takes to win a Championship. 

Really needed him on the field. He makes big plays and makes other better. It's a huge loss. No other way to put it. The helping others just falls way to short.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

You realize Hyde was a Free Agent that was drafted by Green Bay? Also have you watched AJ Epenesa play football?

I do like a good troll job though haha

Hyde was considered a JAG while Poyer was a depth guy or someone to fill the roster out until we can draft someone. We developed both of them in Buffalo.  And yes, I've seen AJ play. I think he is a solid depth player who can come in and contribute in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I'm not trolling. AJ Epenesa isn't Von Miller. He's not Aaron Schoebel, either. He's not Darryl Johnson, too.  He's a guy who at his best can match the OL in the 3rd and 4th quarter a few snaps as rotation.

I watched him a bunch last year and he has a few moves which he improved as time goes on. I'd imagine coaches found his best few strengths and perfected them to make them more potent. This is what you need in a depth player when filling a role. That's what we have done with AJ. There is value there, I promise. 

That really sucks... get Tre back just to lose Von.

Losing Von and Hyde for the year is a really big blow.  Groot and Oliver are going to have to keep stepping up in Miller's absence.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.