Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Just reported by Coach.

Had exploratory surgery and ended up being an ACL.

I wonder if he will do what Hyde did & come back to the side lines for moral support i think that would eb cool if he did it would show all just how vested he is in this team rather than sitting home & collecting his check .. I hope he's that guy !! 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

What happened to the MRI showing it wasn’t his ACL?!?

I had an mri that showed a cist on my meniscus.

When i had it scoped for a second opinion, i ended up having 6 hour surgery to replace a meniscus that was torn to shreds, and EVERY ligament in my knee had stretched and  NOT torn... Which was an issue all to its self....

But folks seem to forget that Doc's "practice" medicine.

FWIW, the orthopedic surgeon for the panthers in 2000 did the work.   

Great doctor. 

(I knew it wasn't a cist.  I folded my toe to my chest at the knee)

25 minutes ago, finn said:

So will the Bills and Miller agree to an injury settlement? I assume he'll be out a good part of next year, too. 

LOL No.

An injury settlement happens when the team puts the player on season-ending IR cuz they don't want to use up one of their designated "return from IR" slots on him, the player is like "I think I can play this season", so the team and the player's rep agree to pay him a salary equal to how many weeks he actually needs to rehab his injury. 

It especially happens with young players who don't have full salary guarantees for injury and who want a chance to play for another team and collect their full salary

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

That $120,000,000 contract isn’t looking all that great now 

Well, Von has been the only "outside the Process" crazy -ass "chase the shiny object" contract, if that is any consolation.   

Further proof that the scout, draft, grow and sign quality human beings "Process" is the way to go, IMO.   Love Von, but Beane won't make a big reach again ,,, I hope.   The Process has gotten them to where they are today.  

Edited by ProcessTruster

10 minutes ago, skibum said:

I have had both of mine rebuilt, but since I'm not a professional athlete, I did not get a cadaver graft. Those cost extra! Ironically, it's the harvesting of your own tendons for spare parts that ends up causing the most problems over the long term. I still can't kneel on my right patella, 20 years later!

I didn’t know the cadaver was extra! We went with hamstring because a cadaver graft is radiated to try to kill anything the donor might have had. This, as I recall per the Doc, weakens it to a small degree and also cannot 100% guarantee it’s clean. The patella we were warned could take a perfectly good body part and mess with it to a point you won’t like it long term.  I guess you are one of the unlucky ones, sorry.  The hamstring causes the fewest long term lingering issues, and it’s yours. No need to worry about what you just put inside your body. 

We took him out of state for surgery to a group that does pro athletes, and we thought they were great! On the very same day Tiger Woods had his ACL surgery and we were pleased to hear he used his hamstring. I bet he can afford some good advice. 

Not that it’s any of my business, but I wonder what graft Von used? 

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Not sure either.

Having that tweener S/LB kind of player that has the skills to actually skate with Kelce 1:1 would be rare.

More likely they found ways to effectively double him and disrupt his timing and routes.

But yeah, would need someone who can break down that film. Either way, something Frazier's staff is sure to do.

S/ LB-Milano? 

Just now, ProcessTruster said:

Well, Von has been the only "outside the Process" crazy -ass "chase the shiny object" contract, if that is any consolation.   

Further proof that the scout, draft, grow and sign quality human beings "Process" is the way to go, IMO.   Love Von, but Beane won't make that mistake again I hope.

(OBJ enters the chat)

Cap space of course is an issue, but the fact is Beane hasn’t made a big “picks for player” move since Diggs.  

That’s when you can get burned. 

We brought in Von for the ‘22, ‘23 and ‘24 playoffs.   We won’t see him in ‘22.  It is what it is.  Nothing we can do about it. 

Regarding cap space/team building.. he’s going to miss (I’d assume) most of next year.  Beane seems to think he won’t.  We’ll see… Anyway you slice it, they’re going to be careful and he’s a 20M per year piece that may miss most of the ‘23 regular season.   Luckily we enter the off-season with all of our main picks to continue building the team with affordable contracts.  

What we didn’t do is trade away a 1st or a 2nd and 3rd for the right to also pay him 20M per year. 

There are gambles you make that don’t work out and there are gambles you make that can bleed into future seasons.    Beane making cap space gambles only hampers us so much.. it doesn’t kill our future team building. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, balln said:

No chance. Their D is def worse. No Jerry / Von , no Hyde 

tre hobbled and won’t make an impact 

shaq is a  fringe roster maker/JAG

They had a weaker schedule last year.

Do you remember when they were 7-6 and couldn't stop the run?

Let's see how they finish out.

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's not the end of the world, but idk how any Bills fan can be okay with this outside of blind optimism. He was supposed to be their finisher in the playoffs. He's the one type of game changer that could put them over the top.

And we learned on him way too much without pitch count too high. We didn't need him like we did when we did.

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well I hate it

I'd rather have him healthy, but like the text of our team. Let the young dudes keep a chip on their shoulder. Let this be an example to the team and Miller that 2023 needs to be more tempered. I don't think this dude can muster young dude fire and drive but we will find out in 2023.

I also never really bought into his hype for his price and fanfare 

7 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Mind sharing the name of your therapist? 

I have been remodeling our new house and picking paint colors with my wife. This is nothing. 

7 hours ago, uticaclub said:

You are ok with having our best pass rushers out for the season in our limited super bowl window?

Yep. 100% because I trust our other guys and know we are getting other people back. I'd rather have Hyde then Miller. I like our home grown talent.

Plus I don't think we can win the super bowl this year and I half expected him to be injured. Just a gut feeling. 

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

Not that it’s any of my business, but I wonder what graft Von used? 

It's a good question. I know a lot of athletes do the cadaver graft because there's no 'harvest site morbidity' in your patella or hammy, but I also know cadaver grafts are much more likely to fail altogether - as in, they never come back to life/heal and just sort of dissolve. Maybe if you have Von Miller money, you can pay a living person to donate their patellar tendon to you. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.