Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The Thanksgiving Day Massacre.

Two straight years.

The extremely-stitious nature of my personality hopes we avoid these turkey day games in the future.

This year Buffalo (AFC) played at Detroit while Dallas hosted the Giants (NFC). If they rotate the AFC/NFC opponent, then Dallas gets the AFC team next year. Only 2 AFC teams go to Dallas. They are the Jets and Pats. Maybe the turkey day curse its them. Probably Jets at Cowboys as they are better than the Pats now. Just have to hope the Bills don't get the night game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, no, that's not how this work.

With as hard as these guys cut ad stop on a dime, and at 33 years old and at risk for pile-ups, this event almost seems inevitable.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

This year Buffalo (AFC) played at Detroit while Dallas hosted the Giants (NFC). If they rotate the AFC/NFC opponent, then Dallas gets the AFC team next year. Only 2 AFC teams go to Dallas. They are the Jets and Pats. Maybe the turkey day curse its them. Probably Jets at Cowboys as they are better than the Pats now. Just have to hope the Bills don't get the night game.

Thank you, Greg.

...and regardless of my dramatics in my earlier post..let's be honest...that would pretty cool.  4 out of 5 years.

Ugh, I hate this, though!

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I've had several MRI's for Sports injuries,and was never misdiagnosed. I would think that a Medical staff for an NFL team, would have a sense of what was going on, sooner.

The 'name calling', started with Aussie Joe.It was directed towards me, and I responded. It escalated, from there.

BTW, Why don't you mind your own Goddamn business?

Doubt it was misdiagnosed, MRI's are not always clear or there can be questions as to whether or not something is actually damaged.  Which is why exploratory surgery was done...you know...to explore and find out the actual extent of the damage. Every situation is different.  Trying to compare what you had done to anyone else has no value.

Based on Beane's comments, it wasn't a full ACL tear, but the doctor determined that it "wasn't going to hold" and they needed to have the surgery done on it.  Also seems it may not be AS serious in terms of how long it takes to come back from versus a full tear based on Beane saying they are hopeful he can return for most of next season.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

"most"

if it took 3/4ths the season for a much younger Tre White to come back, I'm not holding out hope. Injury settlement time.

White was ready to go probably at the start of the season and certainly at least three or four weeks before he finally started playing.   He just didn't want to play for some reason.  Miller might be the same, might be sooner, might be longer.  If they get him back in Nov of 2023 for a playoff run that will be fine.   

Let's be honest the only thing that matters now that we have Allen is the SB.  Division titles and just making the playoffs no longer matter.  The next 5 years the only goal is to win the SB.  That can be done with or without home field advantage and with or without a division title.  I would rather be fully healthy and a WC like Cinci than a DIv champ and riddle with injuries like Buf and Baltimore.

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Love to say I'm shocked but IMO it was trending that way the moment it happened. 

If I have a criticism of this regime it is that they over PR manager injury news. 

Bills’ Team lawyer probably has a bad case of HIPAA paranoia.

I feel bad for Von and wishing him the best for a speedy recovery! I also hope he sticks around the team the rest of the year (when able) to continue coaching up the young guys, like Micah has been doing.

But, I don't think this takes us out of the race by any means. Next man up!

Daquan and Jordan have been playing well all year, and Ed is becoming a monster. A big reason our pass rush was bad last year is that we were getting no interior pressure, so QBs could just step up in the pocket (away from the curling DEs). If these three can continue playing big, there is no reason our DEs can't get the job done. Maybe this will be a rallying cry for them. People think we can't get it done without Von.

Shaq, Boogie, and AJ didn't play much early in the year. So, maybe this really motivates them, to finally have their shot to prove themselves. Maybe Groot really takes it on himself to fill the gap and finds another level.

We don't know yet how this will all play out...I'm not saying losing Von doesn't hurt or that they won't need to adjust (if Von indeed was taking a lot of double teams), but it's not like the DE cupboard is bare behind Von. We have two #1 and two #2 draft picks there. They obviously have talent, even if they haven't lived up to their draft status yet...time for them to step up and prove their worth. I'm not expecting them to play like All-Pros...just get the job done boys.

We'll be fine.

Let's Go Buffalo! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

LTIR might be used on Von at the start of next season. Once he comes off they’ll need to be cap compliant but they will have the ability to exceed the cap till he does which would give Beane some free time to move money around while they wait on his return.  

Do the Bills play hockey?   There is no special long term bucket for IR in the NFL that gives a better salary cap hit right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.