Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

Sucks losing Von for the year...no doubt.  Be great if we could fully healthy, but it's football and teams lose key/superstar players to injury every season.  Some teams can overcome, while others can't. 

The Rams dealt with alot of injuries getting to the SB and eventually winning it all LY, just 1 example.

Collectively, this team has to keep playing their A-game and I'll take our chances against anyone, including Chiefs/Bengals.

38 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This is probably a stupid question, but are some acl injuries worse than others, or are they basically all the same? 

Not dumb. There are different degrees of suck!

Maybe a real doctor can chime in but things like:

Full tear vs partial tear. If partial how much (Grade 1,2,3)

Did the tear include some of the bone the ligament connect to?

etc

EDIT

Grade 1

Grade 1 injuries include ACLs that have suffered mild damage, e.g., the ACL is mildly stretched but still provides adequate stability to the knee joint.

Grade 2

Grade 2 ACL injuries are rare and describe an ACL that is stretched and partially torn.

Grade 3

Grade 3 ACL tears happen when the ACL is torn completely in half and is no longer providing any stability to the knee joint.

Verified my understanding and quoted Johns Hopkins above

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/acl-injury-or-tear

Site below shows a Grade 3 Tear to the same ACL he had a grade 3 tear in 2013..... oof

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/von-miller/4782

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The 'name calling', started with Aussie Joe.It was directed towards me, and I responded. It escalated, from there.

BTW, Why don't you mind your own Goddamn business?

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

In response to him calling me a "genius" which I'm assuming was used sarcastically...

So not sure I began the name calling

Maybe you could both stop acting like 4th graders so the rest of us don't have to listen to the completely pointless bickering? 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

By the end of today, I expect the TBD Medical Team, TBD General Manager Team and TBD Football Analyst Team to report on the following:

1.  Why was this tear not seen earlier?

2.  How long will Von Miller be out?

3.  What does this mean for the Bills' chances to land OBJ?

4.  How will this affect next year's draft/free agency/trades?

5.  What does this do to our Super Bowl chances?

6.  When was the last time Bruce Nolan banged EJ Manuel's mom?

Don't let me down.

Hope you're right, a lot of the Team seems to be buried in paperwork about future salary cap implications right now

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

You seriously didn't just say that, did you?

Clearly a typo. I mean, the whole thing. What are the odds that those letters would pop up in that order? Disregard. 

Edited by Augie

9 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I've had several MRI's for Sports injuries,and was never misdiagnosed. I would think that a Medical staff for an NFL team, would have a sense of what was going on, sooner.

The 'name calling', started with Aussie Joe.It was directed towards me, and I responded. It escalated, from there.

BTW, Why don't you mind your own Goddamn business?

Mind my business? you understand how a message board works, yes? 

and no one cares about your anecdotal personal experience and you don’t seem to want to address the point you made that you were rightly corrected on so I guess we’ll leave it at that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't consider this a major deal for the Bills' SB prospects. Von was a nice bonus add to help seal the deal on a championship, and he made the big plays he was paid to make. But he was only playing half the snaps, and this is still a very deep defense without him. That, and I think his presence will still be felt on the field, in the form of all the things he taught the young guys who are still playing. Sure, it would be nice to have the option to play Von Miller on every down during the playoffs, but I think it will be alright. 

Did anyone think the Bills were not SB contenders before Von Miller came to town? 

Edited by skibum

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.