Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

LTIR might be used on Von at the start of next season. Once he comes off they’ll need to be cap compliant but they will have the ability to exceed the cap till he does which would give Beane some free time to move money around while they wait on his return.  

Are you referring to PUP? As far as I know, LTIR is only a thing in the NHL, not NFL. I am fairly certain that cap hit still counts in PUP too. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There are still a couple of FA pass rushers available. Griffen and Mcphee. Certainly nothing great but might be worth a shot.

Dumpster diving for any legit pass rushing help this time of year is an exercise in futility. There's a reason these guys are on the street and this team doesn't have any money available anyway.

Bottom line it's time for Beane's heavy investments in the dline to pay dividends. Oliver is already doing that and it's time for someone from the Groot/Basham/Epenesa bucket to emerge as a true force. I think Groot can do that with some of these other guys like Lawson doing the dirty work in rotation.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He didn't actually say that, but it's a known fact that Mike Brown is the poorest owner in the NFL now that Mark Davis has that Vegas money. 

Hmmm 🤔…maybe the Bungals can start a go fund me like Tennessee did to pay for the goal posts thrown in the river? 

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're acting like he's old and out of shape now.  He's 33 which is still young.  Yes, older for football but doesn't mean all of a sudden he's too old to heal.

Not everyone is Tre White in recovery time.  White has been practicing for weeks so it wasn't the ACL keeping him out.

your acting like 33 is young for NFL standards. its not he will be 34 if/when he plays again. and that contract size has lots to do with this as well.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

On one hand this was somewhat expected, but there's no sugar coating the situation and this is basically now the same defense that was unable to stop the Chiefs and Mahomes in the playoffs last year. Sure having White back will help but not being able to generate a consistent pass rush will likely haunt this team once again when it matters most against the AFC's best.

Oliver

Jones 

Settle 

Better more experienced Groot

AJ is a bit better 

Shaq is an upgrade from last year

Same Philips 

The CBs are better 

This defense is still better then last year. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 6

If you didn't expect this - welcome to your first season as a Bills fan. It only goes downhill from here.

As soon as he went down I planned on him being out or at minimum ineffective for the rest season, so it isn't much of a shock. We've never been a team that's winning games on the back of our defense and I didn't expect that to change this year. I don't see this loss having much impact if any on our chances. The offense needs to get right and game day coaching needs to drastically improve. If those two things happen, we'll be fine.

Von ha a big impact on the way our line looked early in the year, but lately it's looked like less. It's time for Boogie to step up and realize the potential he's shown.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2

The only thing I can take slight solace out of this is that these draft picks Beane has been stockpiling on the Dline need to step up.

Also last year I watched the Atlanta Braves lose arguably the best player in baseball in Ronald Acuna with an ACL tear in July and not only was he back by May the next year they also went on to win their first World Series in 25 years. 

So what the hell let’s just go win the whole freaking thing as well. 

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills need to win a Super Bowl that hasn’t changed but the Von Miller injury puts that a little more in doubt now? But hopefully a lesson to some Bills fans that apologize for Sean McDermott all the time. We don’t get those .13 seconds back as Bills fans. Next season may not be as good as last season chances wise for the Super Bowl. Reality the Bills aren’t as good this season as last season. We have no sure handed go to wide receiver when Cole Beasley signed else where then retired. Josh Allen has a bad elbow which is limiting the Bills offense to protect Josh Allen’s injured elbow.

All of this is why you don’t make excuses for failed coaches. Sean McDermott and his coaching staff cost this team a Super Bowl last season over those .13 seconds. I don’t care what our record is now the Buffalo Bills aren’t as good as last season you can see it. No Von Miller and a injured Josh Allen isn’t good. I have already moved on from Sean McDermott era last season. I see failure when I see Sean McDermott coaching in close games. Sean McDermott isn’t a difference maker as a head coach without Josh Allen he would be back to being a assistant coach again with a notebook.

My New York Yankees are the same way without Aaron Judge Aaron Boone is a bench coach or scout. Because Aaron Boone isn’t special as a manager either two mediocre leaders alike with tons of excuses for failure. Sean McDermott and Aaron Boone both bums carried by one elite superstar $53 million dollars a year Josh Allen and $40 million dollars a year Aaron Judge neither with a championship yet because of poor leaders run the two teams. Fire both Sean McDermott and Aaron Boone for being mediocre with tons of excuses why they failed except themselves of course there both bums in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Yankees! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Poster name checks out….FFS you are not that important ….get over yourself 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.