Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

Me trying to get excited for the Jets game and the rest of the season and to pretend like this injury doesn't massively impact the Bills' chances of winning the Super Bowl:

obsessed-girl-dancing.gif

It doesn’t MASSIVELY impact the Bills chances. There is only one guy that does that …and Diggs.

Let’s hope the players and staff get on with things better that than glass fan base on this forum. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Now would be a great time for the Texans to release Hughes… 

Even if they did there is no guarantee Hughes would make it to Buffalo.  He would have to go through waivers. The Rams could claim him for instance.  Any team could.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Worse than losing your starting QB, then your backup QB?

Come on man.  Obviously losing your QBs is bad.  You dont see the injuries we have this season.  Have we even played one game with all of our defense this year?  No.  Our injuries have been horrible this season.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Has Beane actually said that?

If so, I’m not sure I really understand that thinking. You could say the same about any big money contract - if that player gets injured it leaves a big hole in your lineup. That’s not a reason to not sign good players in free agency. It’s not like free agents are more prone to injury than guys you draft/develop + sign to big money…

Also, I really don’t get all the “Von’s injury suddenly makes this a bad contract” takes in this thread. It was an injury. They happen in football all the time. It doesn’t suddenly make the Von signing a bad contract. The Bills needed a true finisher on the D line. They went and signed one of the best. 

Does the injury leave a big hole in the lineup? Yes. But doesn’t that kind of help prove it was a good signing?

While I I agree with most of your post, there were plenty of folks like me who thought giving that money to that age player was a massive risk… not because of injury, butfor me was age and probability of declining play in the next couple of years. 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Come on man.  Obviously losing your QBs is bad.  You dont see the injuries we have this season.  Have we even played one game with all of our defense this year?  No.  Our injuries have been horrible this season.

If I recall correctly, the 49ers have had their share of injuries this year. I don't think we win that competition.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.