Miami media takes an early shot at Buffalo

HOUSE

I'm so conflicted as a Bills fan in the south when we get involved with trash talking Dolphins fans..

Love the Bills, hate New York state.  Hate the Dolphins, love most everything about the state of Florida.

I will say, re: heat/humidity, you get "somewhat" used to it.  When I moved to ATL ten years ago from NY, I thought I was going to die that first summer.  Now it's whatever.  Meanwhile, last time I visited NY, it was spring time, about 65.. everyone was wearing shorts & t-shirts... I was in jeans and a sweater. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Yall might get a kick outta this, 100% true and perfect example of how "real" they are as fans.

I flew down to Ft Lauferdale to catch a fight with sone buddies this weekend. Great fight, Shaq was there!

Anyways this guy walks by our section in a Tua jersey, my buddy calls him over and we talk a little friendly $#@!, I didnt want to be actually hostile so i start AYE AYE AYE AYE chant at the guy, knowing my buddies will pick it up.

Spread like wild fire, felt like 25% of arena was in. Saw Bills hats and shirts all night! Cant imagine that ever happening in buff

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

You know, I had a 2nd house in Miami for 7 years, I SOLD IT. Tired of Cockroaches in every restaurant, the smell of bleach in every hotel,I can't speak Spanish, hate Cuban radio and TV, 25 people living in one small house,people stealing my lawn furniture, 90 degrees in one store then 40 degrees in another, dirty beaches, loud parties, people sleeping in the streets, high prices on everything, and most of all a football team with horrible ownership and no real fans,maybe a few thousand diehards.

If you want to take cheap shots at Buffalo, you better clean up your own backyard first...Believe me, Buffalo is a far better place to live then that rat infested city of Miami.

So, am I hoping for snow next week? Yes, well excuse me..

The Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills game in two weeks was moved to Saturday night in primetime and an early weather report, says snow.

According to Weather.com, the temperature will be in the upper 20s with a possibility of snow and that apparently is enough for Bills fans to take to social media with all sorts of suggestions on how to make them suffer.  Trust me, having to go to Buffalo at all is suffering enough.

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/12/06/miami-dolphins-early-snow-possibility-buffalo-bills-fans-losing-minds/

Maybe if their team didn't raise bad sportsmanship to epic heights by making the visiting team risk heatstroke whilst they enjoy relative coolness in the shade, Bills fans wouldn't have that reaction.

How cute...   the kid with the crayon wrote something... we didn't loose because of the heat we lost because we had our entire secondary out.  we waltz down to Miami once a year a curb stump those bums in the heat all the time.  

Edited by gordong
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, K-9 said:

They should worry more about the Chargers game at the moment. Seeking weather information nearly two weeks out reeks of desperation. 

Its because they know they are going to lose,

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

They don’t call it America’s Penis for nothing. 

I. Had. Not. Heard. That. Before.  I almost spit out my coffee laughing.

20 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Who calls it that?

Kinda fits though

Edited by Beck Water

17 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Who calls it that?

Given it’s geographical shape and location, it’s been a comedic theme for a long time now. If you want actual names, dates, etc. just try googling the subject. 

35 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Love Going to South Florida once, maybe twice between January and March. Outside of that, terrible. I don't know how those people can live there in the Summer.

Summers in Florida are a lot like winters in Buffalo

You run out to the car to get the air conditioner (heat) started and you run back inside and let the car cool down first. (warm up)

Then you go to the store or whatever and you run inside quickly cause its so damn hot. (Cold) Then you quickly return home/work/whatever and hunker indoors with the AC (heat).

In Buffalo you may wait till the warmest part of the day, in Florida you do it early morning or late evening when its semi-bareable

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'm so conflicted as a Bills fan in the south when we get involved with trash talking Dolphins fans..

Love the Bills, hate New York state.  Hate the Dolphins, love most everything about the state of Florida.

I will say, re: heat/humidity, you get "somewhat" used to it.  When I moved to ATL ten years ago from NY, I thought I was going to die that first summer.  Now it's whatever.  Meanwhile, last time I visited NY, it was spring time, about 65.. everyone was wearing shorts & t-shirts... I was in jeans and a sweater. 

I can't speak for SC, but my experience of friends and family living in Texas, S. Florida etc is that they are total wimps when it comes to weather.  

Far from "getting used to" the heat and humidity, they go from air conditioned homes to air conditioned garages, push the garage door opener, drive to a shaded parking garage and take the air conditioned elevator to their building lobby where they work in an air conditioned office all day.  On the way home, they remote start their car so it cools down before they get in.  They have no heat tolerance at all.

Put in a normal situation like a day that gets up to the high 80s/low 90s, they decline to do reasonable, enjoyable stuff like walk around a shady zoo during the day or eat on a covered screened porch with a fan blowing when it's cooled to the high 70s/low 80s.

We had a friend's brother from Texas stay in our apartment in Boston for our friend's graduation.  We had a nice small guest room with a window and a fan.  We had a single room air conditioner in the living room.  He slept in the living room and left it only to pee or get food from the fridge.  It was kind of a PITA because we didn't have much common space and he slept late/went to bed early, but he was totally un-acclimated to anything above 70 degrees. 

This was late MAY.

29 minutes ago, Malazan said:

and why do we care? If you get upset at every random comment from fan of another team then how do you ever get anything done?

It's a slow week. 

We've run out of Odell Beckham gossip

We won't get a Bills injury report until later today to find out if the Get Well Cards for Dawkins and Quessenberry's ankles are having some effect.

Edited by Beck Water

Wow, that Dolphins writer got his panties in a bunch about a small, insignificant Twitter thread with like 50 fans?

Anyway, I hope it does NOT snow. We have the more talented team. Extreme weather is an equalizer. I'm fine if it is super cold, but a lot of snow would make me nervous. I don't really care that much about the suffering of the other team. I just want the Bills to be able to perform to their potential. Snow inhibits that.

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Given it’s geographical shape and location, it’s been a comedic theme for a long time now. If you want actual names, dates, etc. just try googling the subject. 

I googled America's Penis.

It was NOT how I remember Florida looking......

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I can't speak for SC, but my experience of friends and family living in Texas, S. Florida etc is that they are total wimps when it comes to weather.  

Far from "getting used to" the heat and humidity, they go from air conditioned homes to air conditioned garages, push the garage door opener, drive to a shaded parking garage and take the air conditioned elevator to their building lobby where they work in an air conditioned office all day.  On the way home, they remote start their car so it cools down before they get in.  They have no heat tolerance at all.

Put in a normal situation like a day that gets up to the high 80s/low 90s, they decline to do reasonable, enjoyable stuff like walk around a shady zoo during the day or eat on a covered screened porch with a fan blowing when it's cooled to the high 70s/low 80s.

We had a friend's brother from Texas stay in our apartment in Boston for our friend's graduation.  We had a nice small guest room with a window and a fan.  We had a single room air conditioner in the living room.  He slept in the living room and left it only to pee or get food from the fridge.  It was kind of a PITA because we didn't have much common space and he slept late/went to bed early, but he was totally un-acclimated to anything above 70 degrees. 

This was late MAY.

It's a slow week. 

We won't get a Bills injury report until later today to find out if the Get Well Cards for Dawkins and Quessenberry's ankles are having some effect.

For me, personally, 93+ and sunny is my breaking point for being outside for an extended period of time.  It's always humid in the SE, so that's a given. 

I've gone to a Braves day game in the 95 degree sun and people were literally leaving because they were about to pass out.  Would never do that again. 

Clemson/Syracuse a few years ago, day before Halloween, was 93 and sunny noon kickoff... not as bad, maybe humidity was less being in the Fall, but that was about my limit. 

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This was late MAY.

It's a slow week. 

Growing up, I spent most of my summers on the gulf coast of Florida. This was my experience there, too. My family and I would be out enjoying the beach throughout the day, but at about 11 AM, half of the beach would just disappear into their air condition homes and reappear at 3 PM. 
that being said, I really actually enjoy a lot of parts of Florida. But there sure are some parts but I don’t. Namely Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.