Miami media takes an early shot at Buffalo

HOUSE

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

You know, I had a 2nd house in Miami for 7 years, I SOLD IT. Tired of Cockroaches in every restaurant, the smell of bleach in every hotel,I can't speak Spanish, hate Cuban radio and TV,litter you can't  believe the  litter on every street WTF, 25 people living in one small house,people stealing my lawn furniture,Cuban refugees sleeping in my shed,90 degrees in one store then 40 degrees in another, dirty beaches, loud parties, people sleeping in the streets, high prices on everything, oh look here comes another hurricane lets hide... Most of all a football team with horrible ownership and no real fans,maybe a few thousand diehards. Most people in this city love soccer and hate NFL football.....

If you want to take cheap shots at Buffalo, you better clean up your own backyard first...Believe me, Buffalo is a far better place to live then that rat infested city of Miami.

If I was a Miami Dolphin player I refuse the flight back home.....

So, am I hoping for snow next week? Yes, well excuse me..You want to fry our players, we will freeze yours.

The Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills game in two weeks was moved to Saturday night in primetime and an early weather report, says snow.

According to Weather.com, the temperature will be in the upper 20s with a possibility of snow and that apparently is enough for Bills fans to take to social media with all sorts of suggestions on how to make them suffer.  Trust me, having to go to Buffalo at all is suffering enough.

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/12/06/miami-dolphins-early-snow-possibility-buffalo-bills-fans-losing-minds/

On my last trip to South Beach I had to point at the menu because I was the only person in sight that spoke English. We got off at the wrong exit once going to an Orange Bowl, and I thought I’d gone thru a wormhole into a Third World Country. I feared for our lives just driving down the road. About a decade ago it became apparent that we would have to relocate to Miami or Atlanta, which I absolutely despise. We live in Atlanta. 

You know what they say is the best thing about Miami? It’s so close to the United States! 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

But Florida has got nothing on Saint Louis in the summer tho...most unbearable place I have ever lived...temps don't cool off there at night due to the geography and it being in a "bowl"

Spent my summers growing up at my grandparents' there, including during the heat wave of '81.  Can confirm.  Nothing smells quite like the thick, humid air in St. Louis during the summer.

11 hours ago, Greg S said:

If I lived in FLA the water is the last place, I would want to live by. They get so many bad storms every year it's not worth it.

The trouble is nowhere in FL is more than a couple of hours from water somewhere, so the storms will hit you regardless. 🤷🏼‍♂️

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

I'm so conflicted as a Bills fan in the south when we get involved with trash talking Dolphins fans..

Love the Bills, hate New York state.  Hate the Dolphins, love most everything about the state of Florida.

I will say, re: heat/humidity, you get "somewhat" used to it.  When I moved to ATL ten years ago from NY, I thought I was going to die that first summer.  Now it's whatever.  Meanwhile, last time I visited NY, it was spring time, about 65.. everyone was wearing shorts & t-shirts... I was in jeans and a sweater. 

My first winter in Buffalo years ago was brutal.  I worked construction - nothing like frozen mud and fingers.  My first summer back in Ga was brutal - sweat and exhaustion just walking around.  The best life would be summers in Buffalo and winters in Miami.  Go Bills 🏈🦬

I've been a few times but it's been several years, but the actual inner core of Miami the city is the ugliest, boring, most depressing city I think I've ever been to, and I've spent quite a bit of time in Indianapolis. It's not even where the violence or crime is, that's more north and in the outskirts in all directions. It's also not where the fun is, which is South Beach. It's just a hot concrete mess of hotels and banks with no food, it absolutely sucks.

16 hours ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Just like anything good and bad for all places.  Been here 15 years now.  It is MUCH cheaper than NY even with everything included.  But, I am sure it is just my situation as well.  I live 10 minutes from the beach.  Miss the seasons but I dont freeze my ass off for half the year any longer.  That being said, about 50% of the the people here are from NY.  Extremely rare to meet a born Floridian.  Just flip the seasons you stay inside.  You stay inside in NY in winter.  You stay inside in FL for summer.  Then our winters are like northern summers.

And 50% Cubans 😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.