Miami media takes an early shot at Buffalo

HOUSE

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I don't know about him but I like mixing it up. 6 months of bugs, humidity, and heat are enough for me and they are far more mild than Florida. 

The fall months are the most refreshing time of the year to me. I wouldn't give that up.

Listen, the heat sucks… you never get used to it just have to deal with it. But from December to April it’s incredible. Good with the bad. 

13 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

I can always put more clothes on in winter to stay warm in New York.

If I take off too many clothes to stay cool in Florida, I get arrested.

I go outside in winter all the time.  It is not an impediment to my outdoor enjoyment at all.  Can't say that about summer in Florida.

it's the sun.  already i haven't seen the sun in the last 3 days.  no big deal now, but a few more months of this gray and i'm going to lose my mind.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeDrip said:

I hate Florida. There’s nothing redeeming about the state. It’s like breathing soup and the insects are as big as your hand. Plus, alligators. Going to Florida is a special kind of torture…

EXACTLY... back when Florida was sane, spending time at my grandparents in Bradenton and going to the beach was amazing... Florida in the 80s was so nice. Now it's inundated with a combination of rednecks and people who fled other countries just to make terrible decisions that make ours worse. Fully agree...

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

You know, I had a 2nd house in Miami for 7 years, I SOLD IT. Tired of Cockroaches in every restaurant, the smell of bleach in every hotel,I can't speak Spanish, hate Cuban radio and TV,litter you can't believe litter every street WTF, 25 people living in one small house,people stealing my lawn furniture,Cuban refugees sleeping in my shed,90 degrees in one store then 40 degrees in another, dirty beaches, loud parties, people sleeping in the streets, high prices on everything, oh look here comes another hurricane lets hide... Most of all a football team with horrible ownership and no real fans,maybe a few thousand diehards. Most people in this city love soccer and hate NFL football.....

If you want to take cheap shots at Buffalo, you better clean up your own backyard first...Believe me, Buffalo is a far better place to live then that rat infested city of Miami.

If I was a Miami Dolphin player I refuse the flight back home.....

So, am I hoping for snow next week? Yes, well excuse me..You want to fry our players, we will freeze yours.

The Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills game in two weeks was moved to Saturday night in primetime and an early weather report, says snow.

According to Weather.com, the temperature will be in the upper 20s with a possibility of snow and that apparently is enough for Bills fans to take to social media with all sorts of suggestions on how to make them suffer.  Trust me, having to go to Buffalo at all is suffering enough.

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/12/06/miami-dolphins-early-snow-possibility-buffalo-bills-fans-losing-minds/

Who really cares about these type of comments.

Yes Buffalo is cold and dismal during the winter months but it doesn't mean it's a complete dump and undesirable place to live overall. After leaving the Buffalo area I've lived in several warm weather states/cites and there are plenty of cons to consider as well.

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

You know, I had a 2nd house in Miami for 7 years, I SOLD IT. Tired of Cockroaches in every restaurant, the smell of bleach in every hotel,I can't speak Spanish, hate Cuban radio and TV,litter you can't believe litter every street WTF, 25 people living in one small house,people stealing my lawn furniture,Cuban refugees sleeping in my shed,90 degrees in one store then 40 degrees in another, dirty beaches, loud parties, people sleeping in the streets, high prices on everything, oh look here comes another hurricane lets hide... Most of all a football team with horrible ownership and no real fans,maybe a few thousand diehards. Most people in this city love soccer and hate NFL football.....

If you want to take cheap shots at Buffalo, you better clean up your own backyard first...Believe me, Buffalo is a far better place to live then that rat infested city of Miami.

So, am I hoping for snow next week? Yes, well excuse me..You want to fry our players, we will freeze yours.

The Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills game in two weeks was moved to Saturday night in primetime and an early weather report, says snow.

According to Weather.com, the temperature will be in the upper 20s with a possibility of snow and that apparently is enough for Bills fans to take to social media with all sorts of suggestions on how to make them suffer.  Trust me, having to go to Buffalo at all is suffering enough.

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/12/06/miami-dolphins-early-snow-possibility-buffalo-bills-fans-losing-minds/

phinphantic is the local media?

All around not a winning post here 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

i did goggle it and no such mention, sounds like that was in your head/on your mind

Gonna resort to insults I see. It’s been a joke for a long time, given it’s geographic location and shape. Google “who said florida is america's penis.” You’re welcome. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Who really cares about these type of comments.

Yes Buffalo is cold and dismal during the winter months but it doesn't mean it's a complete dump and undesirable place to live overall. After leaving the Buffalo area I've lived in several warm weather states/cites and there are plenty of cons to consider as well.

this thread will be high in insecurities and masked racism. You wont change it. 

it’s Buffalo in December. It’s not news that it’s going to be cold and uncomfortable. That phinphanatics have noted it is of no special excitement. 

1 hour ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

An MSNBC "personality" was just fired for saying this, among other things

Yeah. I mean it’s one thing for satirists to joke about it, quite another for on air media personalities.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

this thread will be high in insecurities and masked racism. You wont change it. 

it’s Buffalo in December. It’s not news that it’s going to be cold and uncomfortable. That phinphanatics have noted it is of no special excitement. 

Exactly. Yes the lake effect snow is a bigger issue but what large city in the greater midwest/northeast doesn't have inclement weather issues from the Nov - March timeframe?

A lot of dolphin fans are just bandwagon idiots anyways, a lot of transplants too that are necessarily born and bred in south florida.

Taking crap about cities is something losers do. Put me in any place in the world, I will have a great time. I am well aware of the flaws of Buffalo but I think it can be the best place in a world. 

also if you look like that dude, you should never comment on the attractiveness of something. He is a Buffalo 5.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Its the cities. Niagara Falls especially is not what it should be, just by looking at what Canada did with their side. Buffalo has had a bit of a renaissance, the stench of Niagara Falls overtakes any gains because people go to that landmark if they come to Buffalo.

This is true. I would like to see the government (Fed? State? Both?) condemn a lot of land on the US Side and try to restore it to its natural beauty. That land is a blighted anyway. I see old 1800s paintings and it’s kind of the Yosemite of the East. Let Canada have the hotels and arcade crap. 

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

You know, I had a 2nd house in Miami for 7 years, I SOLD IT. Tired of Cockroaches in every restaurant, the smell of bleach in every hotel,I can't speak Spanish, hate Cuban radio and TV,litter you can't the believe litter every street WTF, 25 people living in one small house,people stealing my lawn furniture,Cuban refugees sleeping in my shed,90 degrees in one store then 40 degrees in another, dirty beaches, loud parties, people sleeping in the streets, high prices on everything, oh look here comes another hurricane lets hide... Most of all a football team with horrible ownership and no real fans,maybe a few thousand diehards. Most people in this city love soccer and hate NFL football.....

LOL Driving 3 hours south to Miami is a nightmare. 

51 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I was reading their board after the game got flexed. Nothing but calling this unfair and its gonna be cold and that's a huge advantage for Buffalo. Like geez cry much?

Yet... They brag about the heat stroke advantage they have on the SideLines @ HardRock... It's a big home field advantage there... The home team in Miami isn't subjected to heat stroke...

At least in snow and cold,  things are equal. 

They need to build a sunshade on visitor's sideline in Miami to equal things out. The last game the Bills staff was running around with portable shades to cover the players so they won't keel over. On Miami sideline, they had no such problem because they were in shade.  They new semi-roof was created to give an unfair competitive advantage to home team and help fans.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Not to my experience, though I guess more so in US than in Europe (esp. Scandinavia) where you'll see people dining outdoors in 30 degree weather

I think it might be because in colder climes, you have to actually DO something outside.  Even if you have a heated garage and hire a snow removal service for your driveway, you may need to shovel your porch and sidewalk.  Then the kids all want to run around and make snow angels and snowmen and snow forts.

I do interact with mostly wimpy people (myself included) who avoid outside activities Dec-March. The people I know take the exact actions you mentioned - stay in heated environments, warm their car before sitting in etc. We can always find exceptions but to me it is about heat tolerance. I cannot tolerate heat, especially with high levels of humidity. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.