Miami media takes an early shot at Buffalo

HOUSE

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Growing up, I spent most of my summers on the gulf coast of Florida. This was my experience there, too. My family and I would be out enjoying the beach throughout the day, but at about 11 AM, half of the beach would just disappear into their air condition homes and reappear at 3 PM. 
that being said, I really actually enjoy a lot of parts of Florida. But there sure are some parts but I don’t. Namely Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. 

They put a semi-roof on it for the fans and the home team. Much better now!

Yet... They didn't put anything on the visitor's sideline to protect them...

I say the Bills turn off the sideline heaters. If the Bills don't use them Miami can't use them. Maybe even bring out the cool misters and say if they want they can use these instead... if they chose

I think we can tough the cold out much better. 

Edited by ddaryl

I'll take blizzards over hurricanes any day, and it's overblown here anyway. 

A week after this past epic snowstorm you could drive around the stadium area and it looked like it never happened. 

Blizzard warning? Put on some fluffy cozy clothes, turn down the lights, pour the beverage of your choice, crank the fireplace and watch a movie or listen to some tunes. Comfortable and relaxing. 

Hurricane warning? Everything you have is about to disappear into the ocean and your entire neighborhood will spend the next several years rebuilding it all before it happens again. 

To each their own. I could never live down south. Fine to visit, but no thanks long-term. 

As far as the Dolphins go, they are a 1 trick pony on offense with a mediocre defense. That one trick is a heck of a trick, but it's not sustainable. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

The smell of desperation is starting to permeate the coverage of the Dolphins. After they crapped the bed vs the 3rd string QB of the Niners, prospects of getting past the wildcard week seems slim. Throw in Tua’s lackluster performance and you have all the earmarks of a 3 game losing streak. Looking forward to these thin blooded, precious sissies shivering as our crowd reign down sweet nothings on their heads. Good luck fellas.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Love Going to South Florida once, maybe twice between January and March. Outside of that, terrible. I don't know how those people can live there in the Summer.

Lived in FL for 20 years - you get used to it like anywhere else. Hate S.Fla but the west coast is nice as is the St Augustine -> Ponte Vedra area. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

No state income tax. That is nice.

And every time there's a hurricane northern federal taxpayers send them money to rebuild. That's why the north takes their Big Ag like sugar and beef... Only to make people fat and give them diabetes so as to return return as sales tax paying tourists or retirees in walkers, wheelchairs and battery operated scooters... 🙈🙉🙊

Long live the South and the Miami Dolphins!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Lived in FL for 20 years - you get used to it like anywhere else. Hate S.Fla but the west coast is nice as is the St Augustine -> Ponte Vedra area. 

Always loved the gulf coast of Florida. Not sure if it’s still the case, but it had a completely different vibe than the east coast, not to mention south Florida back in the day.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

The smell of desperation is starting to permeate the coverage of the Dolphins. After they crapped the bed vs the 3rd string QB of the Niners, prospects of getting past the wildcard week seems slim. Throw in Tua’s lackluster performance and you have all the earmarks of a 3 game losing streak. Looking forward to these thin blooded, precious sissies shivering as our crowd reign down sweet nothings on their heads. Good luck fellas.

It's funny...

Tua has to be the most unloved QB in the league. Guys throws for 2 TD and almost 300 yards against a monster SF defense and he stinks again when last week it was "MVP! MVP!"

It's like with Tua everyone is just waiting to say "see, he stinks!" the second he has a not great game. 

Meanwhile, a certain ancient scrawny QB stinks the entire game, then takes a bunch of check downs against prevent defense, gets a predictable DPI and suddenly "it's INCREDIBLE! MAGIC!" because they beat the 4-9 Saints at home. 

Dolphins fans will turn on Tua in an instant. I'm not saying he's great, but it's kind of crazy at this point. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They say this every single year before they come here and lose and then follow it up with pics of beaches and palm trees captioned with “at least we get to go back to this, Buffalo may have won the game but we are winning at life” as a coping mechanism, rinse and repeat 

the ironic thing is that even though the weather is better, the quality of life isn't necessarily better...at all.  

• Like (+1) 1

I live in Florida grew up.in Fortlauderdale but call my home  Buffalo!! I've never lived there but I love our Bills so much I know that is where I should be be. I was blessed with a great paying job in Florida so I have to live here in Orlando. 😆🤣I have not missed a Bills game on tv or live in past 28 years!!! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.