Miami media takes an early shot at Buffalo

Bogie_Klinkhammer

You know, I had a  beachhouse on the water in Miami for 7 years, I SOLD IT. Tired of Cockroaches in every restaurant, the smell of bleach in every hotel,I can't speak Spanish & hate Cuban radio and TV it sucks. Litter- you can't  believe the  litter on every street WTF, 25 people living in one small house,people stealing my lawn furniture,Cuban refugees sleeping in my shed( Yes,this actually happened twice, I opened the shed and they all ran ...really fast)

90 degrees in one store then 40 degrees in another, dirty beaches, loud parties, people sleeping in the streets with loud  boomboxes, high prices on everything, oh look here comes another hurricane lets hide... Most of all a football team with horrible ownership and no real fans,maybe a few thousand diehards. Most people in this city love soccer and hate NFL football.....

If you must take cheap shots at Buffalo, you better clean up your own backyard first...Believe me, Buffalo is a far better place to live then that rat infested city of Miami.

If I was a Miami Dolphin player I refuse the flight back home.....

So, am I hoping for snow next week? Yes, well excuse me..You want to fry our players, we will freeze yours.

The Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills game in two weeks was moved to Saturday night in primetime and an early weather report, says snow.

According to Weather.com, the temperature will be in the upper 20s with a possibility of snow and that apparently is enough for Bills fans to take to social media with all sorts of suggestions on how to make them suffer.  Trust me, having to go to Buffalo at all is suffering enough.

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/12/06/miami-dolphins-early-snow-possibility-buffalo-bills-fans-losing-minds/

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, CoffeeDrip said:

I hate Florida. There’s nothing redeeming about the state. It’s like breathing soup and the insects are as big as your hand. Plus, alligators. Going to Florida is a special kind of torture…

Love Going to South Florida once, maybe twice between January and March. Outside of that, terrible. I don't know how those people can live there in the Summer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, CoffeeDrip said:

I hate Florida. There’s nothing redeeming about the state. It’s like breathing soup and the insects are as big as your hand. Plus, alligators. Going to Florida is a special kind of torture…

No state income tax. That is nice.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Love Going to South Florida once, maybe twice between January and March. Outside of that, terrible. I don't know how those people can live there in the Summer.

exactly.  i love florida from january to late april.  ***** that place outside of those times.  i also like the rochester area from june 1st until january 1st...after that, ***** this place.  i'll live in this balance in about 20 years.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, CoffeeDrip said:

They don’t call it America’s Penis for nothing. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

No state income tax. That is nice.

i have a solid amount of family there, and you'd be surprised how it can potentially be a wash.  if you're near the water, my understanding is flood insurance can kill you, and the HOA fees that are $800-$1000 plus make up for the taxes alone.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i have a solid amount of family there, and you'd be surprised how it can potentially be a wash.  if you're near the water, my understanding is flood insurance can kill you, and the HOA fees that are $800-$1000 plus make up for the taxes alone.

If I lived in FLA the water is the last place, I would want to live by. They get so many bad storms every year it's not worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It's unbearable...used to go to Disney World growing up in the summer and literally felt like you were going to die just walking between rides. Remember going to Busch Gardens down there once when it 99 and the humidity was extremely high...think we stayed for like an hour and left because we couldn't do it  anymore.  But at least I got to watch ghosts push carts when it thunderstormed every day from 2-4 pm and they blew across the walkways from the wind gusts. Unfortunately, all it did was make it more humid and you'd see the steam rising off the pavement afterwards.

But Florida has got nothing on Saint Louis in the summer tho...most unbearable place I have ever lived...temps don't cool off there at night due to the geography and it being in a "bowl"

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Just like anything good and bad for all places.  Been here 15 years now.  It is MUCH cheaper than NY even with everything included.  But, I am sure it is just my situation as well.  I live 10 minutes from the beach.  Miss the seasons but I dont freeze my ass off for half the year any longer.  That being said, about 50% of the the people here are from NY.  Extremely rare to meet a born Floridian.  Just flip the seasons you stay inside.  You stay inside in NY in winter.  You stay inside in FL for summer.  Then our winters are like northern summers.

Edited by Lagoon Blues
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Don't give this POS clicks. I regret clicking myself now. Anyone who doesn't recognize a 30-degree differential in extreme heat is not only a huge competitive disadvantage and dangerous and unethical is a POS. Would love to see that writer spout some of his charming observations in a Bills bar and see how many chuckles and thumbs-ups he gets.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Just like anything good and bad for all places.  Been here 15 years now.  It is MUCH cheaper than NY even with everything included.  But, I am sure it is just my situation as well.  I live 10 minutes from the beach.  Miss the seasons but I dont freeze my ass off for half the year any longer.  That being said, about 50% of the the people here are from NY.  Extremely rare to meet a born Floridian.

You can see that when NY teams go play in Florida. The Jets bring in a ton of fans when they play at Miami. When the Rangers play the Panthers, it seems like they have more than half the fans in the arena. Same goes for when the Mets play the Marlins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.