Off topic 2023 draft

78thealltimegreat

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

Joe Marino had an interesting question posed to him on Locked On Bills about trading Gabe Davis for a 2 if we sign OBJ.  

Not gonna lie.. Diggs/OBJ & McKenzie/Shakir heading into the draft with a 1, 2, 2 & 3 in the Top 100 picks looks enticing.   

Especially with OBJ a full season removed from injury/recovery and likely on a team friendly contract for a high end WR2. 

I heard Marino say that too, but I doubt we’d be able to get a second for Davis…just because Chicago overpaid for Claypool, doesn’t mean another team would do so for Davis.

And I don’t believe OBJ can be counted on for anything positive.  He’s old, injured and a diva…not a good combination.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We Need more elite WRs , we dont need anymore RBs. Imagine if we had Cincinnati's top 3

This is where I’m at. I look at cinci and Miami and would love to see what Allen could do with those weapons. I wouldn’t trade Diggs for anyone, but if we had hill, waddle, Higgins, Boyd, or chase instead of Davis…wow. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

This is where I’m at. I look at cinci and Miami and would love to see what Allen could do with those weapons. I wouldn’t trade Diggs for anyone, but if we had hill, waddle, Higgins, Boyd, or chase instead of Davis…wow. 

I think the Jets have better weapons than we do, as well.  If they had a QB, they’d be a real problem.

37 minutes ago, ganesh said:

and speed at WR

Not just speed, but an actual play maker just drafting for speed is how you end up getting a Marquez Stevenson

4 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I still say that before this season is over people are going to regret bashing on Davis is trajectory is a wide receiver was straight up prior to this year and he has flattened out, but I don’t think he’s done

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not just speed, but an actual play maker just drafting for speed is how you end up getting a Marquez Stevenson

I still say that before this season is over people are going to regret bashing on Davis is trajectory is a wide receiver was straight up prior to this year and he has flattened out, but I don’t think he’s done

How was I “bashing” Davis in this post?  I simply said I would take any of those guys over him. I think most would agree. I always think Davis will have some special moments yet this year but his disappearing acts at times and his drops will continue to linger. 

23 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

How was I “bashing” Davis in this post?  I simply said I would take any of those guys over him. I think most would agree. I always think Davis will have some special moments yet this year but his disappearing acts at times and his drops will continue to linger. 

Not you just we have a group on the board that are just very down on Davis right now

We need OL and WR weapons. Anyone with eyes sees that. Unfortunately Von getting hurt will likely push Beane to waste a premium pick on DE again. Combine that with us now getting to see how Epenesa and Basham are truly just JAGs over the rest of this season and he’ll likely double down and draft another DE or 2. My problem is how little return his picks have gotten us on the DL so I’m not good with him using picks to draft DL. Snag the OL for josh and some weapons. 

12 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

We need OL and WR weapons. Anyone with eyes sees that. Unfortunately Von getting hurt will likely push Beane to waste a premium pick on DE again. Combine that with us now getting to see how Epenesa and Basham are truly just JAGs over the rest of this season and he’ll likely double down and draft another DE or 2. My problem is how little return his picks have gotten us on the DL so I’m not good with him using picks to draft DL. Snag the OL for josh and some weapons. 

As soon as the news of von broke yesterday, I had the same thoughts. This isn’t much different from “needing” a corner last year when we all knew Tre would be back. I just hope all the picks Beane has thrown at DL step up and keep him from dipping into that pot again. 

2 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

My way too early prediction: Bills are going to end up having to franchise tag Edmunds and will then also spend a premium pick on LB. (Jack Campbell, perhaps?) They’ll have both Edmunds and the rookie for the 2023 season and will then move on from either Edmunds or Milano after the 2023 season.

Milano is the 10th highest paid LB, I can't see us dropping him as our defense definitely not the same without him. To me you let Edmunds go this offseason and draft a kid to replace him and bring in a  cheap vet LB to compete to start or add depth. 

On 12/7/2022 at 9:34 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Even though we have much bigger goals with the current season I figured I’d look at a few mock drafts for 2023 and the consensus again seems the Bills should draft a running back in R1. 
For the first time in forever I think Buffalo is set a RB and we need oline and WR as the top priorities on this team. 

I disagree.  Mock drafters tend to be conformists, and for short periods of time, it may look like quite a few mock drafts are coming into consensus.  Yes, there are quite a few mocks slotting one or the other of the two running backs generally supposed might go in round one (Bijan Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs.  I don't think it is anywhere close to a consensus.  I follow mock drafts year round.  I reviewed half a dozen today.  A few had Gibbs or Robinson going to the Bills, but I also saw a couple defensive ends going to Buffalo.  Also, a couple WRs and interior offensive linemen.  At various times, I've also seen a lot of safeties mocked to the Bills, or more accurately, a few safeties mocked to Buffalo in lots of mock drafts.   There will continue to be an ebb and flow in what positions are popular choices for mock drafters.  

As for what the Bills do, Beane has shown a propensity to draft players in the early rounds, not positions.  Drafting late in the round, it's likely there will be few players left that Beane will consider to be a first round value.  Kaiir Elam was the last one left in Beane's mind last year.  A running back would have to be an extraordinary talent to be a first round value in Beane's mind, I would think.  However, Beane is not going to pick an interior lineman just to fill a need.  O'Cyrus Torrence is a name that pops up quite a bit as a Buffalo pick.  Is he a first round talent?  Maybe.  Beane probably hasn't decided himself yet, and won't until sometime in February -April.  It's way too early to be ruling out almost any position other than QB, punter or place kicker.  Beane might try to trade up or down too.  He'll be inclined to entertain offers from other teams if Buffalo's turn is approaching and he doesn't like what's there.

On 12/7/2022 at 9:34 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Even though we have much bigger goals with the current season I figured I’d look at a few mock drafts for 2023 and the consensus again seems the Bills should draft a running back in R1. 
For the first time in forever I think Buffalo is set a RB and we need oline and WR as the top priorities on this team. 

I could not possibly agree more. That said, allow me to introduce you to our #1 pick in 2023.....

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Brian-Branch-DB-Alabama

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Milano is the 10th highest paid LB, I can't see us dropping him as our defense definitely not the same without him. To me you let Edmunds go this offseason and draft a kid to replace him and bring in a  cheap vet LB to compete to start or add depth. 

No…they drafted Bernard in the third last year. He’s the fallback. 

6 hours ago, Dopey said:

How? He actually wrote “ and drafts a minimum 3-4 olineman”.

I know, but even though, “undrafted” is in the name, it’s still feels like drafting them. Either way, I don’t think any team actually, “drafts” that many o-linemen in one draft, so I also assumed and gave the benefit of the doubt, because it was how I read and understood the comment. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.