Jordan Poyer surprises a kid at school

Mighty Taco

That is just fantastic, good on Poyer, he’s a class act! 

Go Bills!!!

I love that J-Po asked the kid to sign the letter and said he was going to frame it. It's one thing to meet one of your idols, but when the idol asks for YOUR autograph, that's a different level of coolness.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Really nice to see from a guy who has had his own struggles. That he has the time and desire to help a kid like that shows he's probably in a good and healthy place himself - a guy struggling with alcohol is not going to spend his free time doing cool stuff like that. Kudos to Jordan Poyer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Classic! Give the English teacher a raise... They taught the kid well on how to write a persuasive essay!

😆 

“He sat down with me with all of these brainstormed ideas of what he wanted to say,” Vitello said. “He wanted Poyer to know he’s just as important as Josh Allen.”

Suck up! 😉 😆 

I mean... The Strong/Safety is really the "QB" of the defensive... 😏 

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man Jordan is a class guy just resign the man well draft all offense then. That poor kid simply for where he lives gets bullied. People really need to get their heads examined. 

People forget just how cruel and heartless kids can be towards each other. 

24 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The Bengals got in an extra half hour of practice while Poyer was doing this.

@ArtVandalay isn't impressed.  He thinks the Bills should be locked in the building with chains on the doors from 5am to 10pm every night.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man Jordan is a class guy just resign the man well draft all offense then. That poor kid simply for where he lives gets bullied. People really need to get their heads examined. 

I read the article but I didn't see it mentioned why he was having trouble or getting bullied. Did I just miss it?

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The Bengals got in an extra half hour of practice while Poyer was doing this.

I heard the Bengals sleep in their pads and uniforms to get a few extra minutes of practice in each morning.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Classic! Give the English teacher a raise... They taught the kid well on how to write a persuasive essay!

😆

“He sat down with me with all of these brainstormed ideas of what he wanted to say,” Vitello said. “He wanted Poyer to know he’s just as important as Josh Allen.”

Suck up! 😉 😆 

I mean... The Strong/Safety is really the "QB" of the defensive... 😏 

She deserves kudos too. Some teachers aren't putting in the extra time with kids anymore. I'd like to say THANK YOU to Ms. Vitello for her caring and compassion for Logan. Need more teachers/humans like her

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

I read the article but I didn't see it mentioned why he was having trouble or getting bullied. Did I just miss it?

I heard the Bengals sleep in their pads and uniforms to get a few extra minutes of practice in each morning.

That’s just until they perfect their somnambulism technology to lift weights in their sleep.

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

She deserves kudos too. Some teachers aren't putting in the extra time with kids anymore. I'd like to say THANK YOU to Ms. Vitello for her caring and compassion for Logan. Need more teachers/humans like her

Yeah! If he ever wants to be successful... Thank her! You get more flies in life with honey than you do vinegar.  What's sad is, we really seem to be trending the other way in society. 

A great skill is persuasive essay writing... A lot could learn here. 😆 I am on my 20th year here and still getting Ds..  Ms. Vitello help! 

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

And right on time, there was Poyer, who also was informed of how Neri has occasionally struggled to fit in with his peers,

It didn't actually say he was bullied.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.