Jordan Poyer surprises a kid at school

Mighty Taco

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Paywall

I'd post the entire article, like others have done in different threads in the past, but it might be frowned upon by the mods for a copyright violation. Maybe try clearing your cookies, using a different browser or computer or phone? Here is an excerpt:

"Excerpts of the letter included:

“I just wanted to thank you for considering coming to East Aurora Middle School during our assembly a few weeks ago. … I want you to know that I believe that struggles you go through are challenging, but you have made a difference on me and impacted my actions these past months to continue to do my best and persevere. …

“You have made a difference because the way you play makes me want to play football as a safety or D-lineman. You also show me how to be a good teammate and use proper sportsmanship. I know you may not always be in the spotlight, but in my opinion having good sportsmanship puts you in the spotlight too.

“The point of the letter is really to show you how great you are and how you have impacted my behavior and sportsmanship throughout sixth grade so far.”"

• Thank you (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, chongli said:

I'd post the entire article, like others have done in different threads in the past, but it might be frowned upon by the mods for a copyright violation. Maybe try clearing your cookies, using a different browser or computer or phone? Here is an excerpt:

"Excerpts of the letter included:

“I just wanted to thank you for considering coming to East Aurora Middle School during our assembly a few weeks ago. … I want you to know that I believe that struggles you go through are challenging, but you have made a difference on me and impacted my actions these past months to continue to do my best and persevere. …

“You have made a difference because the way you play makes me want to play football as a safety or D-lineman. You also show me how to be a good teammate and use proper sportsmanship. I know you may not always be in the spotlight, but in my opinion having good sportsmanship puts you in the spotlight too.

“The point of the letter is really to show you how great you are and how you have impacted my behavior and sportsmanship throughout sixth grade so far.”"

I’ll try one of those in the am

• Like (+1) 1

So freaking awesome.  Amazing for the kid to take the time to write such a thoughtful letter, and amazing for Po to not just file it away and actually make what could be a life-changing impact on someone’s life.

I definitely welled up reading that story.

Way to go, Po!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.