Marquez Stevenson Released (update 12/10 - signed to Bills PS)

Dick_Cheney

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I mean this is easy... he drafts at the upper echelon of GMs when compared to his peers. You can't just look at the draft and go "But DK Metcalf went after, and he took Cody Ford instead" everyone else made that mistake. Seahawks passed on Metcalf twice.

The hit rate on finding an All-Pro caliber player is like 1 every 3 drafts if you're doing a good job. It just doesn't happen that often... he drafted arguably the best QB in football... which is pretty damn valuable. 

Given the money and resources, most posters on this board could go back years after a draft is completed and pick out the players a team SHOULD have taken. 

FWIW nobody has ever seen you post data or articles on here... you just jump on and start spewing doom about how Tua and the Dolphins are better than us. 

This reminds me of arguments I used to have with my brother in law before the internet... 

You're not going to win it 😀

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

That's not the point... you're acting as if they're going out and having to fix mistakes in the draft by overpaying in FA.

It's just blatantly false... 7/10 were drafted and extended.

Best anyone can figure, this critter is a Dolphins and Patriots fan beyond all reach of reason and persuasion....quite probably a troll

If it amuses you, have at it but IMHO "Don't Feed the Trolls"

4 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

How about you f$#^&*g appreciate the kind and gentle education/proven rebuttal of your takes you're getting from some of your fellow bills fans on this site and just simply throw them a nod? Do you simply HAVE to be "right" against all odds and facts. A lot of people on message boards should give it a try! Like "hey man, you know what? I was off on that and you proved it. Thanks man! Happy Holidays. Go Bills!"

A most measured helping of advice, but the magic 8 ball says "Yes.  He does."

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

4/10 from Beane.

I'll say this, if he can navigate this team out of the salary cap nightmare they are in next year and still keep this team in the SB conversation in 2023 than maybe he really is a genius. Because that's what's going to need to happen to have any chance of signing quality FA's and not just relying on the draft for help.

This is essentially what KC did this year when they were supposed to be 'in transition' and a WC team at best needing to let guys like Hill and Matheiu go, but Veach's masterful drafting has kept them ahead of the curve especially with 2nd year studs like Bolton and Humprhey blossoming into all pro type players. This is what I keep hoping to see from Beane's picks only to be underwhelmed and disappointed.

I remember during the off-season some vocal types criticizing KC's front office for trading Tyreek Hill and claiming their offense would not recover.  Somehow, they did and got it was production from UFAs while cutting some salary and adding picks in that deal.  

Starting next off-season the Bills are going to be faced with a tighter cap and some players widely liked here will not be re-signed.  None of them will garner a contract like Hill received from Miami, but it will be new territory unless of course the 2000 off-season purge is a vivid memory.  Something has to give. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I remember during the off-season some vocal types criticizing KC's front office for trading Tyreek Hill and claiming their offense would not recover.  Somehow, they did and got it was production from UFAs while cutting some salary and adding picks in that deal.  

Starting next off-season the Bills are going to be faced with a tighter cap and some players widely liked here will not be re-signed.  None of them will garner a contract like Hill received from Miami, but it will be new territory unless of course the 2000 off-season purge is a vivid memory.  Something has to give. 

They have Andy Reid.  When he is no longer their coach, they’ll immediately be a lesser offense 

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They have Andy Reid.  When he is no longer their coach, they’ll immediately be a lesser offense 

They have Mahomes.  When he's not there, then they'll be a lesser offense.  Andy Reid doesn't win a SB without Mahomes' play in the 4th quarter against San Francisco.  

It why, while there are no absolute guarantees, hiring an offensive HC is preferred in the NFL.  In fact, 4 of the last 5 SB's were won by offensive-based His with the lone exception Belichick and I'm not sure he's a defense first guy.  Before him it's Pete Carroll 9 years ago. 

We're off track here, but wanted to note, with Hodgins and Stevenson now gone, who fills the void left?  :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsVet said:

They have Mahomes.  When he's not there, then they'll be a lesser offense.  Andy Reid doesn't win a SB without Mahomes' play in the 4th quarter against San Francisco.  

It why, while there are no absolute guarantees, hiring an offensive HC is preferred in the NFL.  In fact, 4 of the last 5 SB's were won by offensive-based His with the lone exception Belichick and I'm not sure he's a defense first guy.  Before him it's Pete Carroll 9 years ago. 

We're off track here, but wanted to note, with Hodgins and Stevenson now gone, who fills the void left?  :lol: 

And?  The same can be true for both of them.  I just think Reid will likely retire first.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.