Marquez Stevenson Released (update 12/10 - signed to Bills PS)

Dick_Cheney

9 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

How about you f$#^&*g appreciate the kind and gentle education/proven rebuttal of your takes you're getting from some of your fellow bills fans on this site and just simply throw them a nod? Do you simply HAVE to be "right" against all odds and facts. A lot of people on message boards should give it a try! Like "hey man, you know what? I was off on that and you proved it. Thanks man! Happy Holidays. Go Bills!"

I have always admitting when I'm wrong here. I don't attack other posters or cry to mods either because I don't like what someone else says or accuse them of being fans of other teams just trolling.

Fact we are arguing and debating a 7th round bust WR is a good thing we can all agree about especially on a 9-3 team that still has legit SB aspirations.

Happy holidays and go bills as well.

Edited by FilthyBeast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

Tremon Smith and Khalil McKenzie are crucial to the Chiefs' playoff push this year. Darwin Thompson and Nick Alligretti are really killing it for them. Michael Danna and Thakarius Keyes are paramount to their success.

Oh wait, those are a bunch of nobodies. 

The hit rate from round 5 onward is awful for every team, including the Chiefs.

People have unrealistic expectations of what constitutes a good draft. Typically, if you can get 3-4 contributing players from each draft, you're doing great. Those that expect GMs to hit on every pick from round 1 to 7 every year simply don't know what they're looking at.

Could you like, get this off your chest without feeding trolls?

28 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Crush? Like Skyy Moore who they took in Round 2 this year? Who has 17 catches this year? Compared to Shakir who we took almost 100 picks later who has 8 catches? 

Ahh, but the grass is always greener, as we know. I bet they have plenty of whiners on any team message board. 

I like to look at the big picture. We were a team that had not tasted the playoffs for 17 straight years. (You may have heard about this.) Now? With McD and Beane we are a regular SB contender and even a favorite most of this year. We stand 9-3 with the #1 seed in the AFC with a couple insane/for the ages losses. We could, and probably should, be 11-1 right now. But we are not. It is what it is, and we are still currently the #1 seed. 

There is still a lot of football left to be played. None of us know how this will end, but I like where we sit compared to where we were before the current regime. Talks of win the SB or you should be fired is just craziness and often comes off as unreasonable and a bit immature. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not a hater my man, just a realist.

McDuffie looks like a stud, our first round pick is benched and has struggled for the most part. Many pundits also predicted this.

Karlaftis is coming along and looks like that lunch pail type of DE on the field whose going to get better and better.

Jaylen Watson looks like a 7th round steal and hasn't hit a wall like Benford after a promising start.

Leo Chanal has shown a lot more flashes than Bernard who has been a liability thus far on the field.

Pacheco is another 7th round pick that has outplayed our 2nd round pick RB so far and shows why never draft RB's before the 4th or 5th round.

Like I said not going to hit on every pick but you need to find you some studs and real contributors and Veach is a true 'Big balla' in that regard.

McDuffie has as many starts as Elam and less INTs and tackles. I'd even venture to say we have a better ranked pass defense. 

McDuffie grades a 76.0 and Elam rates 58.3 per PFF. So I'll give you that one but McDuffie benefitted from sitting most of the early season to learn more before being thrust in to start.

Pacheco has out rushed Cook but also had 51 more carries and Cook has a better YPC average.

Benford grades out at 55.6 and Watson a  52.4. so I think it's a wash.

A rookie drafted 30th overall in 2022 DE with 2.5 sacks and 11 solo tackles in 12 games might compare or be worse than a DE that was taken 30th overall the year before who had 4 sacks and 42 solo tackles in 17 games. 

Again you're over staying KC's drafting. I could go on and on if you'd like?

2 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Give Barkley back hi #5 , frees up #11 to get Beasley now 

Beasley isn't coming back bro. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Gross.

WR is another position that Beane has whiffed big with draft picks vs. FA signings.

Maybe they truly are all in on OBJ landing in OBD.

Whiffed big?  Gross?  He was a late round pick.  So was Davis and Shakir.  Davis has outplayed his 4th round draft pick.  Shakir hasnt been here long enough to say anything about. Diggs is one of the best receivers in the NFL.  Other past FA signings... John Brown and Cole Beasley.  Both played great for us.  You have a very poor definition of whiffed big.

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

That’s interesting. Wonder why they went this route, as opposed to allowing him to revert to IR

They likely want him on the practice squad. 

Procedure goes IR -> active roster -> release and go through waivers -> sign to PS if he clears

Be interesting to see what Buffalo East in NJ makes of this.

Edited by Beck Water

There is always “that guy” in a thread…,

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Whiffed big?  Gross?  He was a late round pick.  So was Davis and Shakir.  Davis has outplayed his 4th round draft pick.  Shakir hasnt been here long enough to say anything about. Diggs is one of the best receivers in the NFL.  Other past FA signings... John Brown and Cole Beasley.  Both played great for us.  You have a very poor definition of whiffed big.

I think this person is thinking about the ones that could have been drafted earlier. Like you said, Beane hasn’t done bad at all with the wr’s. However, I really hope Beane gets Josh another great wr talent. It could be TE, RB, WR, vet, rook anything. We just need someone else who can really take over like Diggs in the pass catching game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.