Marquez Stevenson Released (update 12/10 - signed to Bills PS)

Dick_Cheney

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Did you just realize that Stevenson isn’t good enough to crack the WR group on this team?

If you are talking about competing with the likes of Diggs and Davis, then of course not.

But if this guy isn't good enough to beat out a guy like McKenzie for playing time or a roster spot then yes it was a waste. Also trying to figure out what happened to shakir after a promising start.

Either way WR is one of the weakest unit's overall on this team and if something happens to Diggs or Davis it would be pretty ugly.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Gross.

WR is another position that Beane has whiffed big with draft picks vs. FA signings.

Maybe they truly are all in on OBJ landing in OBD.

Yes...because 6th round flyers on WR's always pan out for other teams right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep.  Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley and John Brown did nothing here.  I can't believe Stefon Diggs is still on the team.

As I said, he's whiffed on draft picks at the position (like oline) vs FA signings.

At some point though you do have to draft quality players at various positions and not just rely on FA help or you aren't very good at your job. If Davis pans out it's a different story but still TBD whether or not he's more than just a #3 type of WR that can make big plays occassionally.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

As I said, he's whiffed on draft picks at the position (like oline) vs FA signings.

At some point though you do have to draft quality players at various positions and not just rely on FA help or you aren't very good at your job. If Davis pans out it's a different story but still TBD whether or not he's more than just a #3 type of WR that can make big plays occassionally.

Beane is HORRIBLE 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I feel bad for him to be honest. I just saw something on the Athletic about how he was looking forward to getting back on the field.  That being said, I am not at all surprised. I was expecting an injury settlement. I wonder if he is headed to the practice squad. 

He's a lock for the practice squad. If he's not on our PS that means another team signed him. It's not like his career is over.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yeah, Beane will be measured by whether or not Davis pans out.  A 4th round WR means that much to his legacy.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

So....................... He's "whiffed" on draft picks, and we have a SB contending roster, but because it isn't all from the draft then he's bad at his job? 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952luapurrhhl9jdgg2wal

I have seen nothing -- not one thing -- to suggest to me that Stevenson is an NFL level player.

Even his nickname doesn't check out. They call him "speedy", but he runs a 4.45. That's fast, no doubt, but it's not SPECIAL fast. It's not so fast that you're calling him "Speedy".

Even then, it seems to be buildup speed. He doesn't have much quick-twitch or instant acceleration. He also seems to have trouble actually CATCHING the ball. He wasn't a particularly dangerous or trustworthy looking return man when he got the shot last year.

All in all, he's good for maybe some go balls, and that's about it.

Practice squad sounds right. One more year to work and develop and see if he can stick as a special teams ace or something.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, wppete said:

No harm done. He hasn’t done a thing for the bills in almost 3 years? Hopefully we sign OBJ or Beasley. Cheap deal for either of them or no thanks. 

I believe Beasley is still the property of the Tampa Bay Bucks. They would need to release him first.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

LMAO!! 

I have always said I have never seen a player run into his own blockers as frequently as Stevenson did and that it was an adventure with him because of how weird and unexpectedly he got hit on some of those plays you wondered how he didn't fumble and managed to hold onto the ball...

Zach Moss LOL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.