Giants are ready to offer Judge around 360 million

Greg S

(8) Jon Heyman on Twitter: "Giants are in with a big offer to Judge — believed to be $360M neighborhood — but the assumption/belief among rivals is that the Yankees remain favorites. Yankees are hopeful but say they still don’t know." / Twitter

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

I wish the Yankees would have taken that money and improved elsewhere….and I like Judge. That’s just a whole lot of money and he most likely will never have another year as big as he just did.

The back end of that contract is going to be ugly. Judge is 30 with a history of injuries. But if the Yankees can get #28 out of this (and hopefully more) then it will be worth it.

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The back end of that contract is going to be ugly. Judge is 30 with a history of injuries. But if the Yankees can get #28 out of this (and hopefully more) then it will be worth it.

Maybe if they fired Cashman and Boone that would be possible.

As it stands now Hal is approaching Wilpon levels of mismanagement. And he can't be fired.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Maybe if they fired Cashman and Boone that would be possible.

As it stands now Hal is approaching Wilpon levels of mismanagement. And he can't be fired.

I can't argue. They need to build a better team around Judge. Last year for long stretches Judge was the entire offense. The Yanks will have a good regular season and compete for the division as they usually do. Winning in the post season has been a problem recently. It's been since 2009 which for the Yankees is a long time to go without a championship.

MUST signing by Yankees.    

Drop in the bucket of upwards of $1B in revenues for by far the most profitable team in the sport.

Need to get that payroll up over $300M.   Pay the Cohen tax, Hal.

Yeah some teams win with small payrolls.........for a while........but you can't expect to field a winning team for 30 straight years and build thru a draft where you never pick anywhere near the top.

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I agree

Disagree Aaron Judge is a superstar baseball player you don’t let him walk. Would you let Mickey Mantle walk to the New York Giants or Brooklyn Dodgers? Of course not that is a New York Mets thing to do. For the New York Yankees to compete for championships you need superstars and Aaron Judge is a superstar baseball player in my opinion. Go Yankees! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Disagree Aaron Judge is a superstar baseball player you don’t let him walk. Would you let Mickey Mantle walk to the New York Giants or Brooklyn Dodgers? Of course not that is a New York Mets thing to do. For the New York Yankees to compete for championships you need superstars and Aaron Judge is a superstar baseball player in my opinion. Go Yankees! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Did you just compare Aaron Judge to Mickey Mantle?

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Then Judge better get to work! He's on pace with HRs.  Batting average close.

Just to be clear - I have nothing against Judge or the signing. But 9 years is a risk regardless who the player is.

But please stop comparing Mantle's stats with Judge's. Different eras and I'd be surprised if I couldn't find a current player that is nowhere near the stature of Judge who has similar HR's to Mantle at similar points in their careers. Just for fun I took a flier on Yankee favorite Joey Gallo. He  hit 156 HR's his first seven years - and that includes his first two when he only played 53 games and hit only 7.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.