I'm glad we have McDermott

Success

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Whats this about?

McDermott had been saying that there would be accountability all his career.

The ST coordinator and McD were on different pages. For one part 

The offense was fired up. Did all they could. I never got all the names, but know Diggs was chippy. After the game in the locker room players venting turned into aggression and blaming. Hughes defending the defense and being vocal. The players got chippy. McD having to calm that...

All the while no one quite sharing the info...

McDermott not addressing he was part of the problem on the decision to kick deep vs squib. The ST coach saying kick deep, bass arrives late. Misses McD making the call to squib. Coverage was squib kick per McD but bass never got the info because McD missed it.

Players knew this and it took a while to spread. Players were frustrated. 

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Marv is 100% the reason we lost SB 25.

Thurman Thomas: 135 yards rushing. On FIFTEEN touches. Give him the all 25 times, hell, 20!, and we win. 

I love Marv but I agree, if the Giants show you that offensive front and you have Thurmanator you just pound it all game. Thurman should’ve had a 240+ yard game and a SB win

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Sweet, let's go and gamble on a Matt Ruhle just because the grass is always greener. Hell, let's make Rex the head coach again. 

Frazier. 

If it's Frazier, then McDermott needs to address it.  But McDermott seems to be in perfect agreement running a base Nickle defense with few blitzes that gets steamrolled in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I guess I'm just at peace with it today, but man some of these takes...

That’s fair, I didn’t like the matchup, but I’m still feeling somewhat unreasonable because I didn’t expect a blowout. It happens too much at home during the McD years. 

To be fair, McDermott should be rigorously exit interviewed by the GM or the owner and what the next steps should be in improving the team. 

The teams performance today, sadly, was a direct reflection of the coach.  Paper tiger.

The playoffs are too big for him.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IndyMark said:

To be fair, McDermott should be rigorously exit interviewed by the GM or the owner and what the next steps should be in improving the team. 

The teams performance today, sadly, was a direct reflection of the coach.  Paper tiger.

The playoffs are too big for him.

Agree, based on the Bills playoff performances since 2017, I guess we will simply need to accept with this coaching staff and fan base that "close enough is good enough".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.