I'm glad we have McDermott

Success

56 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I mean Burrow was out there throwing

I get it. And Diggs was trying to rally the troops as well. Seems like a good option for a coping mechanism. I'm just saying, every team in the league has some kind of counselling available for players due to this. Other than us,Cincy has to be the most other affected team. Idk,just my thoughts

• Agree 1

I don't know what he did or said last night.  All I knew was that at that moment when it became clear that something bad and potentially horrible was happening, I was glad that McDermott was the man.  I knew he would lead with wisdom, kindness, and inclusiveness.   And I knew that his men would follow him.   

Bills fans everywhere can be proud of the quality of the men and the woman at the top of the organization.   First rate. 

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Was it also an empty gesture that he personally went to the UC hospital after the game last night as a sign of support for Damar?!?!

IMHO - he could have handled the situation much differently and the rules may have allowed him to even do so.  My take is that his actions earned him great respect from the Bill's nation, but frankly his own players as well.

Taylor was a class act.  He showed that life is bigger than football at every single point on that fateful evening. 

• Agree 2

Terry Pegula must be pinching himself with the McBeane tandem on the Bills and then seemingly about to replicate that with KADG with the Sabres.  Not very often you find this type of combination once let alone twice in two different sports on two different teams at the same time. He is pretty much set for many many years.  Even down to having unexpected breakout superstar out of nowhere on both teams like Josh for the Bills and Tage Thompson for the Sabres whose breakout is maybe even more stunning to the point the analytics people are questioning the value of what they provide.

Edited by Big Turk

I must admit, I’m disgusted by people who can’t see what a quality coach and human being McDremott is. The guy is an incredible leader. Those who think otherwise have likely never had to lead other people. I’m comfortable calling critics of him cowards. Leading is difficult, and you’re never perfect. But he’s close to perfect, and I’d love an hour to talk with him about his values and methods of a leader. 

Edited by todd
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

He shoulda been fired last year, there was no excuse for blowing that game in KC

And after the reports are there being nearly a mutiny in the locker room over McDermott not practicing what he preached. ... Yeah. ***** him

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

And after the reports are there being nearly a mutiny in the locker room over McDermott not practicing what he preached. ... Yeah. ***** him

😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

He will be the coach for the next five years minimum. Deal with it!

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.