I'm glad we have McDermott

Success

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If Bill Belichik were to leave NE and want to coach elsewhere (somewhat realistic based on NE current state of affairs) I would dump McD without thinking twice about it and I think most Bills fans would be lying if the said otherwise.

Other current/recent head coaches I would most certainly take based on their resumes if available: Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, Doug Peterson, Zac TaylorMike Vrabel, Mike Tomlin, Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll.

Again it's not McD is a bad coach, but the facts (and history) say he's not good enough to take this team to the next level like a large majority of the guys I listed have done at least one time minus Taylor/Vrabel.

I would definitely take McVay, Shanahan, Reid, & Carroll over him.

Would need to think about Peterson & Payton. I mean Payton made three NFC title games in 15 years with a HOF QB. Not impressive.

I wouldn't take any of the bolded guys over him. McCarthy & Tomlin? Seriously? No way.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think this is pretty dramatic.  If we don't win the Super Bowl this will be a follie?  This isn't the 1992 Dream Team that it that much better than anyone else and beat everyone by 60.  We have a great roster but so do other teams.  The Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys and Bengals are all good enough to win the Super Bowl.

There is always going to be a list of teams that "can" win the Superbowl... but that still does not make it acceptable for us to fail to get there.... especially this season.

Been a fan since the early 70s when I was kid. I no longer have the patience for 13 seconds, homerun throwbacks, or wide right, or even losses to the Jets and Miami this year when we had Allen and and revamped DL with Von Miller. We have a great QB and great players but yet we stumble... I guess some fans can accept our follies year after year... I can no longer just accept it, not when we have the players more than capable of not coming up short yet again.

Home field advantage is must but yet we keep finding ways to let slip through our grasp. We are back on track for now but I will not be happy if we lose HFA. Its an expectation , and I fully expect the Bills to be more than capable of not fubarring the whole thing up ....  If they lose HFA and then lose in the playoffs are you going to say "shucky darns will get them next year kiddo's" .

Now if your all ok with coming up short and can't be bothered to be a little upset with it then Good for You.. I guess

I've waited a long time for a team like this and anything short of the ultimate goal wil be dissappointing, and the fact is there will be reasons for it and somebody is responsible for those reasons, both good and bad... However coming up short of the ultimate goal is a squnadered chance and "Next Year" is not something I enjoy having to say anymore.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He chose Peterman.  You can not defend Peterman.  All credibility is lost when Peterman was named the starter. 

Alex Smith was a Pro-Bowl QB and a top 4 AFC team.  Naming a rookie the Starter on a team coming off a 12-4 record was not gooing to happen.

We've seen the same playing out in SF and the issues in GB.

Once the Bills got rid of Tyrod & drafted Allen they should have been building an offense for him.

I will say it again  Peterman   

They brought in Morse, Brown, Gore and Beasley in 2019 and a few other FA in 2019.  They followed that up with Diggs in 2020.  

I said the plan was for Mahomes to sit his first year.  Why are you bringing up Alex Smith starting?  The plan was for Allen to sit as well, he was a project and we tore our roster down to build starting 2019.

17 hours ago, ddaryl said:

That is not true. but I'm not going to sing his praises if our failures keep popping up. I will equally be upset with the franchise as whole for coming up short yet again.

There is always going to be a list of teams that "can" win the Superbowl... but that still does not make it acceptable for us to fail to get there.... especially this season.

Been a fan since the early 70s when I was kid. I no longer have the patience for 13 seconds, homerun throwbacks, or wide right, or even losses to the Jets and Miami this year when we had Allen and and revamped DL with Von Miller. We have a great QB and great players but yet we stumble... I guess some fans can accept our follies year after year... I can no longer just accept it, not when we have the players more than capable of not coming up short yet again.

Home field advantage is must but yet we keep finding ways to let slip through our grasp. We are back on track for now but I will not be happy if we lose HFA. Its an expectation , and I fully expect the Bills to be more than capable of not fubarring the whole thing up ....  If they lose HFA and then lose in the playoffs are you going to say "shucky darns will get them next year kiddo's" .

Now if your all ok with coming up short and can't be bothered to be a little upset with it then Good for You.. I guess

I've waited a long time for a team like this and anything short of the ultimate goal wil be dissappointing, and the fact is there will be reasons for it and somebody is responsible for those reasons, both good and bad... However coming up short of the ultimate goal is a squnadered chance and "Next Year" is not something I enjoy having to say anymore.

And there was no way the 1990 Bills should have lost the SB.  And yes as big a fan I was of Marv, he bares a lot of the blame in that he didn't have the Bills prepared that week (way too much fun), the defense allowed too much underneath and allowed the Giants to control the ball and the last drive was like they were stuck in molasses and should have been a minimum 10 yards closer.

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They brought in Morse, Brown, Gore and Beasley in 2019 and a few other FA in 2019.  They followed that up with Diggs in 2020.  

I said the plan was for Mahomes to sit his first year.  Why are you bringing up Alex Smith starting?  The plan was for Allen to sit as well, he was a project and we tore our roster down to build starting 2019.

The Bills did not have a starting QB that year.  Let me repeat Peterman.  Do you not understand what that means?  

I also have posted so many times that I thought they brought Allen along way too conservatively and had no pieces ready to help him (i.e. a veteran QB or WRs) in his rookie season.  

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Just because I don't get as dramatic as you doesn't mean I don't get bothered or upset.  Some people are just better composed.

Home Field advantage is not a must.  

No I won't say "shucky darns will get them next year kiddos."  I guess I'm a Leave it to Beaver character because I can control my emotions?

Not reaching the ultimate goal would be disappointing but it will not be a follie unless we don't even make the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I also have posted so many times that I thought they brought Allen along way too conservatively and had no pieces ready to help him (i.e. a veteran QB or WRs) in his rookie season.  

Dude, we were $70 million in dead cap hell in 2018.  That's why we couldn't get active in FA until 2019.

Did you forget this or something?

https://thebuffalofanatics.com/how-the-buffalo-bills-turned-their-dead-cap-from-handicap-to-strength/

The number that is mind-blowing above is the dead cap for the 2018 season. Consider this, the Buffalo Bills made the playoffs to end the drought in 2017 and Brandon Beane immediately begins his rebuild. In doing so, he takes on $70 million in dead cap space. For reference, the Giants were second in dead cap that season with $44 million. The $70 million in dead cap is the largest amount of dead cap that an NFL team has ever had.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just because I don't get as dramatic as you doesn't mean I don't get bothered or upset.  Some people are just better composed.

Home Field advantage is not a must.  

No I won't say "shucky darns will get them next year kiddos."  I guess I'm a Leave it to Beaver character because I can control my emotions?

Not reaching the ultimate goal would be disappointing but it will not be a follie unless we don't even make the playoffs.

Dude, we were $70 million in dead cap hell in 2018.  That's why we couldn't get active in FA until 2019.

Did you forget this or something?

https://thebuffalofanatics.com/how-the-buffalo-bills-turned-their-dead-cap-from-handicap-to-strength/

The number that is mind-blowing above is the dead cap for the 2018 season. Consider this, the Buffalo Bills made the playoffs to end the drought in 2017 and Brandon Beane immediately begins his rebuild. In doing so, he takes on $70 million in dead cap space. For reference, the Giants were second in dead cap that season with $44 million. The $70 million in dead cap is the largest amount of dead cap that an NFL team has ever had.

Enough rehashing the Bills narrative from 2018.  I will just say that McD had no patience or interest in the Offense his first 3 years.  JMHO, let's leave it at that.

Now you maybe okay with a first round loss this year, but others are not as these are heady times for Bills fans.  I do expect the top seed and SB appearance.

You seem not so bothered by it.

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Enough rehashing the Bills narrative from 2018.  I will just say that McD had no patience or interest in the Offense his first 3 years.  JMHO, let's leave it at that.

You literally could not be more wrong about the bolded.  Everything that @Royale with Cheeseis telling you is spot on and the real facts.  These bolded hot takes above are not a reflection of the reality of what was the first years of this regime.  

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Now you maybe okay with a first round loss this year, but others are not as these are heady times for Bills fans.  I do expect the top seed and SB appearance.

You seem not so bothered by it.

In 2019, we signed John Brown, Cole Beasley and made Mitch Morse the highest paid center in the NFL.  You're right, we needed offensive players and those guys all play defense.  

You are such a drama queen.

"You don't whine, cry and moan on this message board as much as I do.  That means you're okay with a 1st round playoff loss and not bothered if we don't make a Super Bowl".

Grow up.

20 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The grass is always greener explanation is easy to contemplate but difficult to reproduce in reality... this team has had some really bad injury luck this season and we are 9-3. That doesn't just happen with any head coach, and especially not "more than half".

You dogging McDermott with just blanket statements based on your opinion is noted.

Name 16 teams that would not make the playoffs with Josh Allen as QB this year.  If you can I will agree I was wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Name 16 teams that would not make the playoffs with Josh Allen as QB this year.  If you can I will agree I was wrong. 

This is the issue. At some point you have to look at the best QB in the league and one of the best defenses and ask why they haven't won a championship.

42 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is the issue. At some point you have to look at the best QB in the league and one of the best defenses and ask why they haven't won a championship.

Now the excuse is Von Miller.

I still have faith that they will win it but excuses are lining up perfectly right now.

46 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It's not just his passing it's his legs that make the difference. Because we know someone will say Green Bay and I'd say put him in there and the threat of the run and let's see what happens.

Edited by Billsfan1972

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And there was no way the 1990 Bills should have lost the SB.  And yes as big a fan I was of Marv, he bares a lot of the blame in that he didn't have the Bills prepared that week (way too much fun), the defense allowed too much underneath and and allowed the Giants to control the ball and the last drive was like they were stuck in molasses and should have been a minimum 10 yards closer.

The Bills did not have a starting QB that year.  Let me repeat Peterman.

Don't forget we signed AJ McCarron who while not a proven starter showed promise in limited starts in Cincy but for whatever reason failed here. Then getting Derek Anderson was a God sent as think he did wonders to teach Josh how to prepare and be a starting NFL QB while Josh recovered.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Don't forget we signed AJ McCarron who while not a proven starter showed promise in limited starts in Cincy but for whatever reason failed here. Then getting Derek Anderson was a God sent as think he did wonders to teach Josh how to prepare and be a starting NFL QB while Josh recovered.

Well good thing he didn't learn from Peterman.....😆

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Now the excuse is Von Miller.

I still have faith that they will win it but excuses are lining up perfectly right now.

It's not just his passing it's his legs that make the difference. Because we know someone will say Green Bay and I'd say put him in there and the threat of the run and let's see what happens.

Let me ask. Are you always this miserable? 

6 hours ago, teef said:

and what if josh throws a pick in that territory.  what if he's sacked?  every play in football has potential to be botched.  of course you're done.  you're unreasonable.  you think every loss is on the coach, and that's not necessarily true at all.  players can lose games, and that's happened this year.   try to be willing to look at the big picture rather than just pointing the blame at one person.  coaches can always shoulder some aspect of the game, but what you're doing is just meaty.

Fumble or mis snap is worst in that situation being close to goaline.  As well as Vikings understand that formation. Predictable makes things lots easier.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Agree , Allen was a raw rookie and you had to be careful not to ruin him. Those plans went awry and he was pressed into service. Peterman had looked good in practice but when things got real he tanked in a hurry. You had two unknowns at QB, so the reasoning was sound. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.