I'm glad we have McDermott

Success

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea damn Frazier and McDermott failing to execute the most fundamental part of football - the snap!

I don't give the awesome reaction often. This got an awesome. 

That's not nearly the only thing that lost the Minnesota game. What about letting Justin Jefferson run free with single coverage all game long?

4 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

Or Harvey Johnson?

I don't think he's as good as Lou Saban or Chuck Knox.

7 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Good leader, below average game manager. Bills have a great defense and the 2nd best QB in the NFL. Not to sound ungrateful, but any team that can say that should be winning super bowls.

The Bills have the best QB in the NFL !

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Allen won them the KC and Detroit games. If he hadn't, the McDermott enthusiasm would be significantly less on here right now.

Pretty accurate for the KC and Detroit games

I love data cherry picker trolls with really weak takes.😒

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

I would add Beane as well. We have a strong management team in place. We will need it because the AFCE is turning into one strong division.

It really is the impressive combination of talent and mindset of McBeane ( i sue that sincerely as they are seemingly conjoined in thinking and method.
 These two are fairly amazing, for all their faults.

Prefer we keep this thing running for good few years.

Maybe K Dorsey will gather himself after all ! Frazier is solid as a rock
We are so close to maintaining as  long term contenders. The trick is taking us over the top finally.
It hasn't been done in my Lifetime so is likely a superhuman act.

I believe in Those two and trust that darned Process !

8 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I was PISSED at the coaching staff after the Minnesota game. (And still rightfully so, I assert).

However, they’ve been quite good this year overall - ESPECIALLY when you step back and look at the quality of our competition so far and all the injuries we’ve had to deal with.

That’s the problem with them. Most of the time we’re definitely pleased with them. But then a few times a year they end up screwing up like the Vikings game. Or the Allen sneak in Tennessee last year. Or 13 seconds. I’m general it’s fine 1-3 times a year. Not when those times cost you a 1 seed or a loss in the divisional round game that’s the problem. 

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

The Bills have the best QB in the NFL !

we have a sub par rookie OC who is learning the ropes the hard way
Part of HC is building constantly.
Losing Dabolls exp was going to happen but a big drop off with in game exp over decades.
 Like frazier does
I think McD lets em learn as they go. Experience being the ultimate teacher. we are 9-3 by sheer will i feel sometimes.

Team Game

9 hours ago, Success said:

That's it. I'm not even sure this is worth a thread, but after watching coaching all season, and particularly this past weekend and last night - it's pretty clear we have a good one in McD.  ALL coaches make mistakes and have moments you can point to that are sub-par, but on balance, this coaching staff is well-prepared, gameplans well & makes good adjustments.  

Around the rest of the league, the coaching is just bad.  There are obviously some good ones, but it's a pretty small group.  I'd put McDermott in the top 5 right now.

Single handedly cost us a Super Bowl last year. He has not gotten better on GameDay. Still our weakness.... hopefully this year will be different when it matters. 

• Eyeroll 1

You McDermott bootlickers are a special bunch. The guy basically stole a super bowl from the franchise last year after his balls shrivelled up for the second postseason in a row and people line up to kiss his ass. His cowardice is the biggest obstacle for this team to get over the hump. It's laughable that fans defend his mistakes by saying "he's learned from them" when the average fan was screaming at the tv while he was in the midst of making them.

You have possibly the most talented player in the history of the league at the most important position, not to mention studs all over the defense, and fans are happy because the team is simply competitive. The drought has scarred many of you.

Mark my words, if they lose in the postseason again this year, it's going to be another boneheaded tactical error by him that is the reason for it.

• Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

You McDermott bootlickers are a special bunch. The guy basically stole a super bowl from the franchise last year after his balls shrivelled up for the second postseason in a row and people line up to kiss his ass. His cowardice is the biggest obstacle for this team to get over the hump. It's laughable that fans defend his mistakes by saying "he's learned from them" when the average fan was screaming at the tv while he was in the midst of making them.

You have possibly the most talented player in the history of the league at the most important position, not to mention studs all over the defense, and fans are happy because the team is simply competitive. The drought has scarred many of you.

Mark my words, if they lose in the postseason again this year, it's going to be another boneheaded tactical error by him that is the reason for it.

We’d be going on 22 years of nothing without McDermott

Get a grip

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We’d be going on 22 years of nothing without McDermott

Get a grip

What a perfect thread for sussing out the obstinate contrarians on this board; just look at the "reactions" to the OP. Not a lot of surprises there. 

Consider the 1st post I've quoted here: calling fellow Bills fans "McDermott bootlickers" because they appreciate the organizational transformation from historical ineptitude to perennial contender under this coach? THAT'S obvious and "laughable" hyperbole.

The 2nd quoted reply is an appropriate response, and I should let that speak for me. Yet I can't help but wonder about this contrarian minority who seemingly HOPE for failure so they can be proven correct. It's a curious defect.

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea damn Frazier and McDermott failing to execute the most fundamental part of football - the snap!

The coaches were unfortunately primarily responsible for the Vikings loss. Refusing to take 3 easy points and refusing to run the ball when up by multiple possessions. A young replacement level player in Cam Lewis making a stupid play in a big moment, when the coaches should have drilled it into their heads that in that moment you knock the ball down. That game was the result of coaching failures more than execution IMO.

But that's the only game this year where I think the coaches failed the players more than the reverse. Considering the ridiculous amount of attrition and brutal schedule we've faced, this year has been McDermott's best so far.

• Disagree 1

One thing you don't see is any Bills player tweeting after games about how he's not being used right, or not getting enough playing time.

Even Brian Daboll, who turned a rotten NJ team into a playoff team (maybe), is going through that.  And in general the media aren't as nice to him in New Jersey as the Buffalo media were to him.  Well he was warned he's not in New York anymore.

As for McD, he is in his first NFL HC job.  He was well-prepared but still had to learn a lot.  Well, he has learned a lot.  I seldom scratch my head at his tactics anymore.  

6 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Allen won them the KC and Detroit games. If he hadn't, the McDermott enthusiasm would be significantly less on here right now.

Pretty accurate for the KC and Detroit games

Nobody is arguing against the idea that Josh Allen wins the Bills games. We are saying every win gets credited to Josh and every loss credited to McDermott. And that is what is inaccurate.

6 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:

That's not nearly the only thing that lost the Minnesota game. What about letting Justin Jefferson run free with single coverage all game long?

They didn't do that. Which is why he went quiet for a long stretch in the middle of the game. They adjusted and rolled safety coverage his way. 

Next inaccurate statement?

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

The coaches were unfortunately primarily responsible for the Vikings loss. Refusing to take 3 easy points and refusing to run the ball when up by multiple possessions. A young replacement level player in Cam Lewis making a stupid play in a big moment, when the coaches should have drilled it into their heads that in that moment you knock the ball down. That game was the result of coaching failures more than execution IMO.

But that's the only game this year where I think the coaches failed the players more than the reverse. Considering the ridiculous amount of attrition and brutal schedule we've faced, this year has been McDermott's best so far.

And yet if we execute a snap. A ***** snap! The game is won. That is the fact.

Look this is a pro McD website, so if you want to make friends & influence people, come here and post about what he has done for the team & franchise and you'll have plenty of compliments & applause.  

He came to a team that continually struggled in mediocrity (always 7-9 to 9-7) and no playoff births.

He started by working on the defense and decimating any vestiges of an offense the Bills had.  He was too responsible for the great Peterman fiasco and others, yet somehow got them in the playoffs year one (again thankyou Andy Dalton) at 9-7 and did find a way to be competitive most weeks (though people forget all the duds and blowouts particularly in years one & two).  

He got a transcendental qb, and to me that has been the reason for the improvement in the team.  What would be a 9-8 team (much like prior) is now a SB favourite thanks to Allen more so than anything else.

People too forget he blew the Houston playoff game.

So a cautionary tale is simply don't question McD as eball who posted a thread last week with 80+ likes and this one right now @ 37 positive (and 5 negative reactions), or else you will see thumbs down, disagree, eye roll and vomit emojies reacting to your posts.😉 

Edited by Billsfan1972

14 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McDermott and Frazier will still be blamed for the 13 ***** seconds debacle. That stain will be on their faces until Josh freaking Allen hoists the Lombardi trophy over his head.,

And even after that for some

7 hours ago, mrags said:

That’s the problem with them. Most of the time we’re definitely pleased with them. But then a few times a year they end up screwing up like the Vikings game. Or the Allen sneak in Tennessee last year. Or 13 seconds. I’m general it’s fine 1-3 times a year. Not when those times cost you a 1 seed or a loss in the divisional round game that’s the problem. 

You’re literally talking about almost every team in the league. Every coach in the league makes mistakes. Why should ours be any different you look at the overall body of work you’re upset whenever bad things happen and then you become a sensible fan and move onto the next game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.