I'm glad we have McDermott

Success

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mean when we beat KC?

Speaking of KC, Andy Reid was once where everybody else starts - until you win a SB some people want you fired (see Philly). Then, when you don’t win the next SB, the same people will want to fire you again. I’m sure these people are all infallible titans of industry who win every negotiation and struggle with any mere mortals who don’t win every contest. 

He’s not perfect, nobody is. Especially the whiners who think they can just can him and do better. That was the old way of thinking. See Cleveland. How is that working out?  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

This is a fantastic message board and it’s my go to place for all my Bills breaking news. Some of the regular posters here have as good of a perspective on the Bills as many of the media types that do it for a living.

That being said, this place turns into a suicide cult after every loss and there are a fair number of trolls who come here to stir the pot.

I’m not sure how any long term Bills fan can look at the totality of what McDermott has done for this franchise and not be incredibly grateful that he is our coach.

Does he deserve criticism for bad moves? Absolutely.  Should he be immune to accountability?  Absolutely not.  But, anyone on this board saying he’s a bad coach or we should move on from him is either a fool or a troll.

Well said. I like to listen to WGR after the game. But God helps us if we lose, the suicide cult act like lemmings jumping off a cliff. 

When I first saw this post, I was like "Ohh here we go, this guy is going to get roasted by a lot of people!"

I am very happy to see that most appreciate just how good we have it now... these memories fade fast when you end up with GMs like Tom Donahoe and coaches like Gregg Williams, Dick Jauron and Mike Mularkey.

Enjoy the ride, because in the blink of an eye banishment to the NFL desert creeps up on you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

When I first saw this post, I was like "Ohh here we go, this guy is going to get roasted by a lot of people!"

I am very happy to see that most appreciate just how good we have it now... these memories fade fast when you end up with GMs like Tom Donahoe and coaches like Gregg Williams, Dick Jauron and Mike Mularkey.

Enjoy the ride, because in the blink of an eye banishment to the NFL desert creeps up on you.

OK, cool little parlor game. I am thinking of a certain poster. How many guesses do you need? 

Name That Tune was taken. 

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We haven’t been Super Bowl contenders in a long time until McDermott got here.

The mindset of “Every game we win it’s because of Josh Allen and the every game we lose is because of McDermott” is annoying.

Everyone who plays the "Belichek sucks without Brady game" needs to realize that more than half the coaches with the NFL would make the playoffs with Josh Allen on the roster. 

12 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Its not clear we will be playing any teams coached by Gregg Williams, Dick Jauron on Mike Mularkey in the foreseeable future. In real life they are all irrelevent.  Bills fans are so used to total incompetence that average competence appears like greatness to them, and slightly above average competence appears irreplaceable.  

This perception problem workd in reverse when fans called for firing Wade Phillips after he did not deliver Marv Levy level results.  Always better to follow Doug Marrrone and Rex Ryan, than to follow Marv Levy. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Everyone who plays the "Belichek sucks without Brady game" needs to realize that more than half the coaches with the NFL would make the playoffs with Josh Allen on the roster. 

The grass is always greener explanation is easy to contemplate but difficult to reproduce in reality... this team has had some really bad injury luck this season and we are 9-3. That doesn't just happen with any head coach, and especially not "more than half".

You dogging McDermott with just blanket statements based on your opinion is noted.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

No clue... I am terrible at this game 😁

Yeah, I don’t know if you can get in trouble for posting what 95% of us are thinking, either.  🤷‍♂️

But talk about being terrible at games….I had a recent spell where people wanted me to guess a ladies age or weight. What? I am NOT kidding! Some games can NOT be won. I know I suck at that, but if I thought I was good at it, I’m still smart enough to keep my mouth shut! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Its not clear we will be playing any teams coached by Gregg Williams, Dick Jauron on Mike Mularkey in the foreseeable future. In real life they are all irrelevent.  Bills fans are so used to total incompetence that average competence appears like greatness to them, and slightly above average competence appears irreplaceable.  

9-3 is pretty damn good competence, but yeah, the sky is falling because we have "above average competence" as a HC.

Just now, Augie said:

Yeah, I don’t know if you can get in trouble for posting what 95% of us are thinking, either.  🤷‍♂️

But talk about being terrible at games….I had a recent spell where people wanted me to guess a ladies age or weight. What? I am NOT kidding! Some games can NOT be won. I know I suck at that, but if I thought I was good at it, I’m still smart enough to keep my mouth shut! 

I'm old... I have lost my obsession for personally winning all games a long time ago LOL I do NOT want to get into the weeds over the stats of women NOPE NOPE NOPE! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I was PISSED at the coaching staff after the Minnesota game. (And still rightfully so, I assert).

However, they’ve been quite good this year overall - ESPECIALLY when you step back and look at the quality of our competition so far and all the injuries we’ve had to deal with.

Allen won them the KC and Detroit games. If he hadn't, the McDermott enthusiasm would be significantly less on here right now.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Annoying and inaccurate. 

Pretty accurate for the KC and Detroit games

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.