Titans fire GM Jon Robinson

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

With everything considered, I'm in the there has to be more to this story camp

I agree, the timing is odd and if were about recent results you'd expect more than just that to be changed. If there were serious friction why extend the guy less than a year ago?  He did something to get himself fired. Maybe not something criminal, but definitely something.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well I didn't have time to read thru the whole thread, but I hope the Titans fall apart. Several screwy things with this team, the BS Music City Miracle, their last brain dead owner giving Ralph the finger from his sky box on national TV (big funny joke at the time---no discipline for the Titans. Image if the Bills did that) the covid BS during the !st covid year--Bills schedule was jerked around & Titans had been practicing all along. Several other things also but anyways screw the Titans.

They're headed down a dead end road with Tannehill.  Even Henry is showing signs of decline. A significant rebuild is needed. It appears to me that they want to get their rebuild done before they start playing in the new stadium that is going to be built.  I won't be surprised if Vrabel stays.  He doesn't strike me as being a quitter and even their ownership must understand that he is a good coach.  When I see a team in this much disarray, I appreciate Beane more.

15 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Lawd, he was lovey-dovey.

As for the 'why now' part, someone caught someone diddling business major interns? 🤔

The Titans are the #1 seed and get bounced at home.  Then they extend Robinson.  Then they trade AJ Brown get off to a 7-3 start.

Then they lose to a team that AJ Brown is on....and they fire Robinson (while #1 in their division) claiming, laughably: "“This progress includes the core of our business, the football team itself, which is regularly evaluated both by results (wins and losses) and team construction/roster building,” 

This is the same owner who, after Mulakey got them to 9-7 and a comeback playoff win vs. the Chiefs, to quell rumors that she was going to fire Mularkey anyway, issued a statement before the divisional game that Meathead Mike was the Titans HC going forward.  Less than week later, of course, she fired him.

lol these dumb hillbillies...

21 hours ago, mannc said:

How was that trade worse than Minnesota trading Diggs, KC trading Tyreek Hill, or GB trading Davonte Adams?  Treylon Burks is starting look like a good receiver for them…

Well for starters, Minnesota traded Diggs and then used that pick on Justin Jefferson. 

Diggs for Jefferson and Brown for Burks aren't even CLOSE to the same.

10 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Well for starters, Minnesota traded Diggs and then used that pick on Justin Jefferson. 

Diggs for Jefferson and Brown for Burks aren't even CLOSE to the same.

Burks is a rookie and has played quite well.  Jefferson is in his third year.  Not a fair comparison at this point. 

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Burks has been hampered by injury, Jefferson by contrast came in as a star his rookie year and not looked back. 

So if it turns out that Burks isn’t as good as Justin Jefferson, then it was a bad trade?  Is that the standard?

58 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He needs to be as good if not better than AJ Brown. 

No, he doesn't.  Burks is being paid far less than Brown, which is why the Titans made the trade in the first place.  He just needs to be a solid WR 1, which he is clearly on the way to being. 

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

No, he doesn't.  Burks is being paid far less than Brown, which is why the Titans made the trade in the first place.  He just needs to be a solid WR 1, which he is clearly on the way to being. 

far less?  He is only being paid about 280K less. Brown is still on his rookie deal, the extension has not kicked in yet.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

far less?  He is only being paid about 280K less. Brown is still on his rookie deal, the extension has not kicked in yet.

Over the next four years, Brown will be paid tens of millions of dollars more per season than Burks.

23 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But that hasn't happened yet.

You're not making any sense.  Brown was traded because the Titans did not want to pay him $20 million/year over the next 5 years.  The fact that Brown is still on his rookie deal this year is irrelevant.  He's going to be making 10s of millions per year more than Burks over the next 5 years.  Burks doesn't have be just as good as Brown over this time frame for the deal to still make sense for Tennessee.  At any rate, it's way too early to say that the trade is a fail for Tennessee.       

I live north of Nashville & this is what has covered sports radio this week & really makes about as much sense as when Ralph fired Phillips !

Since he has been here the Titans have had winning seasons & won division championships so every one here is thinking there must be something more to the story other than a few bad draft picks & trades .

I know the trade of Brown to the Eagles didn't help him any after they beat the Titans the last week but they are thinking that Vabel wanted to keep Brown but Robinson made the trade any way which may have started a power struggle of some kind .

With just 5 weeks left in the season & the very good possibility that the Titan will go to the play offs it doesn't make a ton of sense to have this kind of distraction right now why not just wait it out  ? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.