Titans fire GM Jon Robinson

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Titans fire GM Jon Robinson
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The are going to win that division, right? Weird timing

I think even the owners know they're not going that far in the playoffs. The contract they gave Tannehill came back to bite em when AJ Brown wanted to get paid. There's even talk of Vrabel leaving the NFL for college next year

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

I think even the owners know they're not going that far in the playoffs. The contract they gave Tannehill came back to bite em when AJ Brown wanted to get paid. There's even talk of Vrabel leaving the NFL for college next year

The vrabel chatter was wishful thinking by Buckeye fans after the Michigan game, he would never go back to college imo. He loathed recruiting 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The vrabel chatter was wishful thinking by Buckeye fans after the Michigan game, he would never go back to college imo. He loathed recruiting 

Yeah I'd have to say cap mismanagement was his downfall. The Titans may be going in to rebuild mode in the offseason if Vrabel gets the axe

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Very very odd.   When you dont have a franchise QB you win anyway you can, and the Titans have done maybe the best job at it.  

Yeah, but Marvin Lewis did that for years and no one wants to go down that path. 2 straight years of one and done for Vrabel, one of those being the #1 seed

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Yeah, but Marvin Lewis did that for years and no one wants to go down that path. 2 straight years of one and done for Vrabel, one of those being the #1 seed

Comparing apples to oranges here.  Lewis never won a playoff game. And I'd argue that he had a better QB at times with Palmer.  Vrabel is 2-3 in the playoffs.   Say what you want but I think his coaching is part of the reason they are competitive every year.   Id take what the Titans have over the alternative they are about to find out about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.