Bengals Get Monday Off After Beating KC... Show up to work Monday anyway.

ArtVandalay

40 minutes ago, Mango said:

The Bengals are about to be a problem. I didn’t get the hype last year, but they’re getting hot at the right time. 

I was onboard with what you are saying until you brought the Bills into it. We’ve had a rough go this season with injuries and high expectations. We’re gripping too tight at the moment. We haven’t played fast and loose in a month or more. I’m not sure that being in the facility more is the solution to that. When teams get that way it’s a razor thin line. Taking 2-3 days is the safe route for sure. 

Well said.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

The Bengals are about to be a problem. I didn’t get the hype last year, but they’re getting hot at the right time. 

I was onboard with what you are saying until you brought the Bills into it. We’ve had a rough go this season with injuries and high expectations. We’re gripping too tight at the moment. We haven’t played fast and loose in a month or more. I’m not sure that being in the facility more is the solution to that. When teams get that way it’s a razor thin line. Taking 2-3 days is the safe route for sure. 

Agreed, I think Diggs comments about Josh having fun again are telling

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

This is a Buffalo Bills forum. Let's keep it that way OP!

The Bills will be prepared for their next game coming off a win also.

The Bills play the Bengals soon and are competing with them for playoff seeding. It’s entirely relevant. Moreover, this board has never just been a parochial Bills-only board. It would be a lot more boring if it was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Something has to be said for rest and mental focus.

Especially when you have a team where injuries are one of the biggest issues.

Look back to the 2020 championship game.  By the time the Bills reached their matchup with Kansas City, they were physically and emotionally spent.  You could see it on their faces.  I think they did a better job pacing themselves last year, but just couldn't finish the job at the end of the game.

Good for the Bengals putting in the extra work, and maybe it works for them.  But that doesn't mean it's the answer for this team too.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Agree. Good leadership doesn't involve using one solution to every problem. 

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/joe-burrow-bengals-went-to-work-despite-being-off-following-win-over-chiefs

Talk about a massive difference of culture and player commitment. 

Now to be clear 1 day a week off is mandated by the CBA on a normal week.  3 days off is mandated after a Thursday game long week. 

However, it is up to the players to do with that time as they see fit, for the Bills we got players leaving town, for the Bengals, they are showing up to get better. 

Culture like this is the difference between winning teams and Championship teams. We got guys hopping on planes to chill, they got guys bucking down in the most important stretch of the season.

Meanwhile, Bills have not played anywhere near their potential since the bye and the Bengals have gotten better going 6-1 in their last 7 despite missing their top offensive weapon, who is now returning. 

Bengals pose every much a threat as the Chiefs, this Monday night game week 17 is going to be very telling. Hope the Bills get their stuff together.

You’re an importer/exporter right?

Probably time for you to export your bad takes elsewhere… 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Justin Timberlake What GIF

Seriously bruh?............................ The Bills just played 3 games in 11 days, all on the road, and navigating through one of the largest snow storms on record. The culture is the first thing that changed around here when McDermott and Beane came in. We got rid of all of the lazy, me first bums and started building a winning franchise again. You neglect all of the factors that have led to the stretch we have seen, but a stretch that still finds us 9-3 and the #1 seed currently in the AFC. The injuries to various starters, including our QB who is still on the field week in and week out battling through his. In the words of DC Tom, you're an i....... Yeah, if you've been here long enough, you know the rest. 

And 1 day of full practice in 3 weeks, think about that?

1 hour ago, Mango said:

"About to be a problem" 

My new favorite Forum post cliché!

Really? There are other good teams that are going to be hard to beat?....who knew? 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

"About to be a problem" 

My new favorite Forum post cliché!

Really? There are other good teams that are going to be hard to beat?....who knew? 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Obviously this board is filled with greedy office managers that somehow believe that over working the office staff will somehow lead to higher productivity 

Maybe if Elon Musk buys the team we'll finally win a Super Bowl.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.