Bengals Get Monday Off After Beating KC... Show up to work Monday anyway.

ArtVandalay

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

3 games in 12 days happens all of the time and most weeks of the season. Let’s not exaggerate! Any time that plays three games in a row in which the third game is a Thursday night game has played 3 games in 12 days. Literally.

What the Bills did was not normal procedure for any team playing Thursday games.

Capture.JPG

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Bottom line: I’d rather play the Browns in pristine conditions given our elite QB than in snowy, windy slop given their fantastic running game. Do you disagree?

Why does this matter?  The Browns offense, just like any offense will be better in pristine conditions.  They would prefer pristine conditions.  

Its like you’re discounting the adversity of the Bills because a running team like the Browns had to play in pristine conditions against them.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why does this matter?  The Browns offense, just like any offense will be better in pristine conditions.  They would prefer pristine conditions.  

Its like you’re discounting the adversity of the Bills because a running team like the Browns had to play in pristine conditions against them.

I'm not saying they didn't have adversity. They didn't get to practice and more importantly Allen was hurting. I'm just saying that playing in Detroit wasn't the hardship that some here are making it out to be. Christ, they won there twice in four days, and the Lions team they beat is actually a good team now.

56 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Bengals are my 2nd team ever since the Dalton to Boyd throw and the subsequent connection between Bills Mafia and Dalton’s charity.

Yeah, pretty easy to root (as a second-level team) for them: underdogs from a smaller market — who have been to the big game but never won it all — and the help they gave the Bills with that win. I'm always a sucker for underdogs.

If and when the Bills become the new Evil Empire I'll have to deal with them no longer being an underdog but I'll figure it out.

Edited by Nephilim17

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm not saying they didn't have adversity. They didn't get to practice and more importantly Allen was hurting. I'm just saying that playing in Detroit wasn't the hardship that some here are making it out to be. Christ, they won there twice in four days, and the Lions team they beat is actually a good team now.

You saw the way Allen reacted with how he was hugging Diggs…he looked like a major weight was lifted off of his shoulders.  You heard the sideline reporter say on the broadcast that the Bills sideline is dead.

You’re right.  The Bills players felt minimal hardship.

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Bills haven’t played anywhere near their potential…as they sit atop of the AFC and are getting healthier and ramping things up when they normally do in December.

Thank you, but I’m sleeping very well at night. 

I’m sleeping well too… now, the fraud Ravens? They should be scared.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/joe-burrow-bengals-went-to-work-despite-being-off-following-win-over-chiefs

Talk about a massive difference of culture and player commitment. 

Now to be clear 1 day a week off is mandated by the CBA on a normal week.  3 days off is mandated after a Thursday game long week. 

However, it is up to the players to do with that time as they see fit, for the Bills we got players leaving town, for the Bengals, they are showing up to get better. 

Culture like this is the difference between winning teams and Championship teams. We got guys hopping on planes to chill, they got guys bucking down in the most important stretch of the season.

Meanwhile, Bills have not played anywhere near their potential since the bye and the Bengals have gotten better going 6-1 in their last 7 despite missing their top offensive weapon, who is now returning. 

Bengals pose every much a threat as the Chiefs, this Monday night game week 17 is going to be very telling. Hope the Bills get their stuff together.

You need a new schtick.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Mango said:

The Bengals are about to be a problem. I didn’t get the hype last year, but they’re getting hot at the right time. 

I was onboard with what you are saying until you brought the Bills into it. We’ve had a rough go this season with injuries and high expectations. We’re gripping too tight at the moment. We haven’t played fast and loose in a month or more. I’m not sure that being in the facility more is the solution to that. When teams get that way it’s a razor thin line. Taking 2-3 days is the safe route for sure. 

Oh really, like how the bye week helped? That's where all our problems started.  Emotional high off KC win, then the bye vacation... same exact thing happened last year too.

The Bengals won the AFC last year... and they are putting in more work than us.

You don't fix sloppy play by taking time off, that's what preceded the sloppy play to begin with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Oh really, like how the bye week helped? That's where all our problems started.  Emotional high off KC win, then the bye vacation... same exact thing happened last year too.

You don't fix sloppy play by taking time off, that's what preceded the sloppy play to begin with.

When a team is gripping a bit too tight, not playing well, and struggling to find a groove, tightening the reins and readying the whip has a risk of being a disaster. 

Easing off a bit will generally either be net neutral or net positive. It almost never makes a skid worse. 

6 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/joe-burrow-bengals-went-to-work-despite-being-off-following-win-over-chiefs

Now to be clear 1 day a week off is mandated by the CBA on a normal week.  3 days off is mandated after a Thursday game long week. 

However, it is up to the players to do with that time as they see fit, for the Bills we got players leaving town, for the Bengals, they are showing up to get better. 

Culture like this is the difference between winning teams and Championship teams. We got guys hopping on planes to chill, they got guys bucking down in the most important stretch of the season.

Meanwhile, Bills have not played anywhere near their potential since the bye and the Bengals have gotten better going 6-1 in their last 7 despite missing their top offensive weapon, who is now returning. 

Bengals pose every much a threat as the Chiefs, this Monday night game week 17 is going to be very telling. Hope the Bills get their stuff together.

Run them till they puke. That’s the McDermott way.

1 minute ago, teef said:

I’ve heard that Joe Burrow is having all of his food blended so he doesn’t have to chew, leaving him more time to prepare for football. 

I read that he doesn’t need sleep, so he just practices all night long

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I read that he doesn’t need sleep, so he just practices all night long

That's a little misleading, since he does physically rest from 12am-6am.  It's just that during this time he lies in a cryofreezing chamber with a VR headset that simulates every defensive play/formation throughout NFL history and tests him on making the correct reads.

37 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

You need to show us the data for a true comparison. I wanna see hours worked, miles run, heart rate tracking and sleep schedules since the first day of camp.

Get on it, Art!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Is it a full time job for you trying to complain about the Bills in different ways or just a really time consuming hobby? It’s getting more and more far fetched each time. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.