RIP Kirstie Alley

Rico

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Watching 'Rebecca' try to crawl her way up the corporate ladder was amusing.  Still say her best line delivered was "Malone, you are a dead man!"

"Sammy is a dead man!  Sammy is a dead man!"

No, it was "it's the bottom of the ninth, bases are loaded, you have 2 outs, 2 strikes and no balls."

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Wait! Spock DIED!?!? 

I haven’t gotten that far yet….you might want to warn a guy! 

😋

He comes back in the next movie.

Oops ... sorry.    

🤷‍♂️

• Shocked 1

On 12/6/2022 at 8:57 AM, Wacka said:

She was also in a movie (cam't remember the name) with Tom Selleck as a cop  and Gene Simmons (w/o Kiss makeup) as the villain.

I remembered the movie but also couldn't remember the name, so looked it up...."Runaway."  Good movie and Gene Simmons played and excellent villain!

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Honestly, I can't recall ever seeing a chubby Vulcan.

Well Star Trek: Enterprise had one (episode with Vulcans who integrated logic and emotions) and I have seen a number of elderly ones over weight but that is part of the issue of television since many military people who should be in shape are played by actors/actresses out of it.

Just now, Limeaid said:

Well Star Trek: Enterprise had one (episode with Vulcans who integrated logic and emotions) and I have seen a number of elderly ones over weight but that is part of the issue of television since many military people who should be in shape are played by actors/actresses out of it.

I was mostly just making a joke, but I suppose you are correct on that. I don't recollect much of the Enterprise series. Seemed to me it was the weakest iteration of the franchise. In any event, to be serious, they killed off Kirk's son and minimized Saavik in the later film, so I surmise there was an insular sentiment at that time that was resistant to giving new characters a prominent place in the Trek universe. 

On 12/7/2022 at 2:44 PM, Doc said:

More likely a terrible script.

Nah, she was too big for a bit role like that at the time of the next 47 films.

Off topic, but I thought the very first Star Trek movie was really cool; totally different in thematic content and vibe to the TV show and the rest of the films; it stands alone among ALL of them as its own animal as is by far the best.

• Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.