MNF- Saints @ Bucs

T&C

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Thursday night opener again.  

Brady more than likely will not be in Tampa next year so who cares?

7 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Brady is still a solid capable QB but he is really fortunate to be in the division he is in. If he was in a better division he would easily be out of the playoff race or on the fringes of it. 

I don’t know you put him at QB for say Cleveland and they are winning the Division going away and are probably the #1 seed. Why? Because their D is legit and with a real QB to worry about with Chubb and Hunt the O be unstoppable. 

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It should be a cakewalk for Philly to the SB.  

I thought Philly was the third best team in the NFC prior to Sunday. My SB pick was the 49ers, who I think is pretty much equal to Dallas but with a better coach, but it’s hard to see that now. I think Dallas is definitely better than Philly and is only behind them because Prescott was out for a while early on. I think they have more talent and a better D. Philly is a good team, of course.

8 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I heard Garropolo is out for the year (again).  The 49ers must be one of the most clueless organizations in the league to stick with an avg QB at best.. who happens to find new ways to get hurt virtually every season.

Maybe because his team win 70% of his starts?

lol...."clueless organization"---2 NFCC games and a SB appearances in 3 previous seasons.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I thought Philly was the third best team in the NFC prior to Sunday. My SB pick was the 49ers, who I think is pretty much equal to Dallas but with a better coach, but it’s hard to see that now. I think Dallas is definitely better than Philly and is only behind them because Prescott was out for a while early on. I think they have more talent and a better D. Philly is a good team, of course.

One of the Eagles, Cowboys, 49ers will represent the NFC. In the AFC it's between the Bills, Chiefs, Bengals. That BUF at CIN game probably decides home field.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

One of the Eagles, Cowboys, 49ers will represent the NFC. In the AFC it's between the Bills, Chiefs, Bengals. That BUF at CIN game probably decides home field.

Not sure about the Bills/Bengals getting home field because the Chiefs’ remaining schedule is so easy. They should by all rights go 14-3. Only one of the Bills five remaining opponents has a losing record, and Cincy has a very tough schedule too (the Browns, who they’ve lost 5 in a row too, often being blown out; at the Patriots; at Tampa; the Bills; and the Ravens in a game in which Lamar Jackson should be back). I think KC probably gets home field in the end because I have a hard time seeing the Bills going 5-0. KC has a better record than Cincy so they’re in control of their own destiny vis-a-vis the Bengals.

9 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I heard Garropolo is out for the year (again).  The 49ers must be one of the most clueless organizations in the league to stick with an avg QB at best.. who happens to find new ways to get hurt virtually every season.

Garoppolo was having a sensational season this year (103 rating). Since he was signed by them, the Niners are 38-17 when he has started and 8-28 when he hasn’t. Seems like a pretty stark divide to me.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Not sure about the Bills/Bengals getting home field because the Chiefs remaining schedule is so easy. They should by all rights go 14-3. Only one of the Bills five remaining opponents has a losing record, and Cincy has a very tough schedule too (the Browns, who they’ve lost 5 in a row too, often being blown out; at the Patriots; at Tampa; the Bills; and the Ravens in a game in which Lamar Jackson should be back). I think KC probably gets home field in the end because I have a hard time seeing the Bills going 5-0. KC has a better record than Cincy so they’re in control of their own destiny vis-a-vis the Bengals.

Garoppolo was having a sensational season this year (103 rating). Since he was signed by them, the Niners are 38-17 when he has started and 8-28 when he hasn’t. Seems like a pretty stark divide to me.

The Jets and Bengals are the tough games. I think the Bills run the table if they win these two. Anything can happen of course, but I doubt the Fins, Pats, or Bears will beat the Bills

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Jets and Bengals are the tough games. I think the Bills run the table if they win these two. Anything can happen of course, but I doubt the Fins, Pats, or Bears will beat the Bills

I hope you’re right about Miami, but the Bills tend to struggle against Tyreek Hill, and Waddle is the same sort of player. I am hopeful but I am certainly not chalking it up asa victory. Miami is a good team with a smart coach.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I hope you’re right about Miami, but the Bills tend to struggle against Tyreek Hill, and Waddle is the same sort of player. I am hopeful but I am certainly not chalking it up asa victory. Miami is a good team with a smart coach.

The Bills did fine against Hill and Waddle with so many starters hurt in the first game. Miami only won 21-19. The Bills outgained them by a lot but just couldn't finish when in the red zone. With the Bills much healthier this time (even without Von) I can't see the Fish winning in OP. They beat up on crap teams during their winning streak. As we saw Sunday they got exposed when facing a good 49ers team.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

So versus the Fins earlier this year Miami had all of 43 Offensive snaps and here are the Bills snap counts on D

Defense (43 snaps)

image.thumb.png.264fa4ec2c4e6921b05e6b2c2a7de5de.png

Some things to note here.  No Poyer or Dane Jackson.  Jaquan Johnson and Hamlin were starting Safeties.  Elam played entire game and Benfod and Ingram split other CB spot.  No Ed Oliver or Jordan Philips on D line either.  

And Tua threw for 181 yds and 1 TD,  Waddle had a 45 yard catch vs safety coverage.  Hill did nothing in that game.

I will take our D now vs Fins offense.

Edited by freddyjj

27 minutes ago, Greg S said:

All the Bills remaining games will be competitive. Any of these teams can beat the Bills if they make mistakes, have injuries, and or the other team plays exceptionally well. The Bears with Fields running are no joke, Tua with his receivers are very good. The Pats defense is very good and can create turnovers. Of course, the Bills are the better team and should win. That Bengal game should give us a great measuring stick of how good the Bills are. 

Of course, we want the Bills to have the number 1 seed. It's a huge advantage getting a buy and home field. That would create a nice path to the Super Bowl. However, I am confident the Bills can beat any team on the road in a playoff game. This team is experienced and Allen can be almost unstoppable when he's on. The Bills defense hopefully is healthier come playoff time. 

24 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Anything is possible.  Cincy has

Vs Cle

@TB

@NE

Vs Buf

Vs Ravens 

That's a pretty tough schedule on paper. 

Edited by newcam2012

10 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That was Ingram.  Dude better have a broken leg.  That was beyond weak.  Could cost them the game.  Would’ve at worst took another 2 minutes off the clock.  All he had to do was limp forward another half yard.  Nobody was near him.  

I haven't read all the posts, because it's early and I'm too lazy.  But Ingram's dance out of bounds is what cost the Saints the game.  

3 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

So versus the Fins earlier this year Miami had all of 43 Offensive snaps and here are the Bills snap counts on D

Defense (43 snaps)

image.thumb.png.264fa4ec2c4e6921b05e6b2c2a7de5de.png

Some things to note here.  No Poyer or Dane Jackson.  Jaquan Johnson and Hamlin were starting Safeties.  Elam played entire game and Benfod and Ingram split other CB spot.  No Ed Oliver or Jordan Philips on D line either.  

And Tua threw for 181 yds and 1 TD,  Waddle had a 45 yard catch vs safety coverage.  Hill did nothing in that game.

I will take our D now vs Fins offense.

I should have been clearer. I think the Dolphins have steadily improved over the course of the season as they’ve absorbed McDaniel’s very good Shanahan-based system. 

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Bills did fine against Hill and Waddle with so many starters hurt in the first game. Miami only won 21-19. The Bills outgained them by a lot but just couldn't finish when in the red zone. With the Bills much healthier this time (even without Von) I can't see the Fish winning in OP. They beat up on crap teams during their winning streak. As we saw Sunday they got exposed when facing a good 49ers team.

Get that, but see my post above. I truly think Miami has improved over the course of the season. They had a tough loss to SF, but it was competitive most of the way and on the road vs the best D in the NFL.

• Agree 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

All the Bills remaining games will be competitive. Any of these teams can beat the Bills if they make mistakes, have injuries, and or the other team plays exceptionally well. The Bears with Fields running are no joke, Tua with his receivers are very good. The Pats defense is very good and can create turnovers. Of course, the Bills are the better team and should win. That Bengal game should give us a great measuring stick if how good the Bills are. 

Of course, we want the Bills to have the number 1 seed. It's a huge advantage getting a buy and home field. That would create a nice path to the Super Bowl. However, I am confident the Bills can beat any team on the road in a playoff game. This team is experienced and Allen can be almost unstoppable when he's on. The Bills defense hopefully is healthier come playoff time. 

I agree with you as anything can happen obviously. I just think it would be a big upset if the Fins, Pats, or Bears beat the Bills. The Bills lose to the Jets or Bengals is not that much of an upset. I like the Jets roster much better than Miami's. It's no surprise the Jets have become the "SF of the east coast" since Saleh was the 49ers DC. Joe Douglas has done a very good job building that roster, similar to what Beane has done for the Bills.

34 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Agree 100% about Miami. They are playing with house money too. They have nothing to lose. Even in the loss against the niners you can see the fins are for real. Tua played about as bad as you could and their defense had difficulty stopping a 3rd string QB. So they do have holes. However, they were in the game until the end vs the best defense in the league on the road. There are a lot of positives that can be taken out of the game for Miami. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I know it sounds bizzare but my bold pick is that Commanders could make it.

49ers just lost Jimmy, I don't believe Hurts can handle being top favorite yet, Cousins won't string 3 good games, Dallas finds a way to lose, Brady is washed (and yes I saw MNF, it won't be enough to play good last two drives in the PO).

Commanders have good defense with Young coming back, great WR and Heinecke has some balls. If he gets hot and lucky in PO I can see them pulling it off. Only to get killed by the Bills of course:)

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I know it sounds bizzare but my bold pick is that Commanders could make it.

49ers just lost Jimmy, I don't believe Hurts can handle being top favorite yet, Cousins won't string 3 good games, Dallas finds a way to lose, Brady is washed (and yes I saw MNF, it won't be enough to play good last two drives in the PO).

Commanders have good defense with Young coming back, great WR and Heinecke has some balls. If he gets hot and lucky in PO I can see them pulling it off. Only to get killed by the Bills of course:)

That is a bold prediction. Commanders have been playing well. With the NFC being weak it is certainly possible they make it.

16 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I agree with you as anything can happen obviously. I just think it would be a big upset if the Fins, Pats, or Bears beat the Bills. The Bills lose to the Jets or Bengals is not that much of an upset. I like the Jets roster much better than Miami's. It's no surprise the Jets have become the "SF of the east coast" since Saleh was the 49ers DC. Joe Douglas has done a very good job building that roster, similar to what Beane has done for the Bills.

I disagree with liking the Jets more than the Dolphins. I can see the case for liking the Jets because of their defense. However, their QB situation will be their downfall vs quality playoff teams. No way do I think Mike White or Zach Wilson can step up and lead the team to victory. I don't think the Jets D is elite enough to carry them very far in the playoffs. As a Bills fan, I'd rather have the Jets in a playoff game vs the Dolphins. Either way, the Bills should win. I don't believe either team is ready to  advance far in the playoffs. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.