Please send a card to help brighten a paralyzed BillsMafia members day if you can

Big Turk

22 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The worst part was, the kid wasn't even legally old enough to be drinking! He was only 20! Whoever supplied him with alcohol should be prosecuted as well.

they will be.  well, legally they can be.  

is there a news article on this?

Hopefully some players can visit her.  Perhaps Miller can stop over and watch a game with her 

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

they will be.  well, legally they can be.  

is there a news article on this?

Hopefully some players can visit her.  Perhaps Miller can stop over and watch a game with her 

Was a WGRZ article when it happened.

Drunk drivers are a scourge on society. Lock them all up and throw away the key.

There needs to be zero tolerance. Drunk drivers account for 10,000 deaths a year. If you are ever caught driving impaired, you should have your license permanently revoked and you should serve jail time.

23 hours ago, T master said:

I know there are those here that will think this is harsh but they need to hang his ass no mercy !! If they just take his license away he'll be back at it & possibly hurt someone else for all we know he may not have had his license while doing this ...

Lock him up and throw away the key. He does not deserve to live a normal life. He snuffed out one life and destroyed the life of another.

Nothing is going to change unless we start throwing the book at these idiots.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, muppy said:

BUMP

this is a small thing we can all do. Spread a bit of love today. Peace. m

Well said Muppy.  Especially at this time of year.  We all give our prayers, and we know that medical miracles are always

just around the corner.

My niece, a nurse at ECMC was working the night that Dane Jackson and Micah Hyde came in after their injuries.

We as Bills fans were all concerned.  She mentioned that Gabby was admitted to ECMC with her injuries just 2 weeks earlier.

We both are saying a prayer that those 2 young guys will hear of Gabby and their shared experience and patronize her cause.

Go Bills and Go Gabby.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/7/2022 at 10:00 AM, MJS said:

Drunk drivers are a scourge on society. Lock them all up and throw away the key.

There needs to be zero tolerance. Drunk drivers account for 10,000 deaths a year. If you are ever caught driving impaired, you should have your license permanently revoked and you should serve jail time.

Lock him up and throw away the key. He does not deserve to live a normal life. He snuffed out one life and destroyed the life of another.

Nothing is going to change unless we start throwing the book at these idiots.

This is a bit harsh. NY is releasing violent criminals with no bail, drunk drivers are obviously very low priority. 

Good people sometimes make bad mistakes.  

Edited by Trock
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Trock said:

This is a bit harsh. NY is releasing violent criminals with no bail, drunk drivers are obviously very low priority. 

Good people sometimes make bad mistakes. Forgive. 

The problem is many don't ever learn from their mistakes and repeat them over and over again and often times it isn't until the 3rd or 4th time they have been caught doing the same thing that they end up injuring/killing someone.

11 minutes ago, Trock said:

Good people sometimes make bad mistakes.  

Screw that mentality. Good people who make those mistakes deserve to rot in jail.

I'm sick of people thinking of drunk driving as just a "mistake". This type of mentality is why people do not take it as seriously as they should. Stop excusing it and and stop excusing the people who do it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Screw that mentality. Good people who make those mistakes deserve to rot in jail.

I'm sick of people thinking of drunk driving as just a "mistake". This type of mentality is why people do not take it as seriously as they should. Stop excusing it and and stop excusing the people who do it.

If someone took a loaded gun and randomly fired it into an area where people walked regularly without looking, would we say the person deserved a second chance because he just made a mistake and never meant to kill anyone?  They make a conscious decision they know could result in someone else's death because they don't want to be inconvenienced or embarrassed.  It's a selfish act without a care in the world for anyone else.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If someone took a loaded gun and randomly fired it into an area where people walked regularly without looking, would we say the person deserved a second chance because he just made a mistake and never meant to kill anyone?  They make a conscious decision they know could result in someone else's death because they don't want to be inconvenienced or embarrassed.  It's a selfish act without a care in the world for anyone else.

Very well put.  I don't know why we're so bad at understanding that an automobile driven under the influence becomes more a weapon than a transportation device.

On 12/5/2022 at 5:24 PM, Big Turk said:

Truly a tragic incident.  This girl was hit by a drunk driver while standing on a lawn, paralyzed from the neck down and her boyfriend was killed...

If you can take 5 or 10 minutes out of your day to write a card, please do so. 

I don't know this person but I am going to take a few minutes out of my day to try and brighten hers.  

Would be awesome if others could do the same!

This is ***** horrible.  People are so damn stupid.  I hope the driver rots his/her ass in jail for the rest of their lives.

Edited by Scott7975

On 12/5/2022 at 7:22 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Thank you for making us aware of Gabby's story.  My Christmas Card will be in the mail tomorrow.

I'd invite my fellow Bills fans to visit her GoFundMe (thank you @BillsM@fia) to give $17 to help her and her family this Christmas.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ye697n-help-gabby-and-her-family

Go Gabby!

Go Bills!

On 12/5/2022 at 7:26 PM, Trock said:

Just donated $100 to her fund. Lets go Bills Mafia!!!

https://gofund.me/bbbe7399

Wait why are their two different gofundme pages?  I want to donate but I am leary of this with all the scams out there.  I know the story is not a scam but how do I know someone didnt just take the picture from the internet and post fradulently?

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Wait why are their two different gofundme pages?  I want to donate but I am leary of this with all the scams out there.  I know the story is not a scam but how do I know someone didnt just take the picture from the internet and post fradulently?

One is for her family's costs, the other is specifically a fund to get her a handicapped van. They should be titled at the top. Donating to both made sense to me.

Good question tho. I wondered the same thing.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

@DrDawkinsteinis correct with his response.  Both GoFundMe's were started by her best friend.  

The second was evidently started last week when they found out she would ultimately need an expensive wheelchair and van.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Went to the GoFundMe site to see how it was going and there was a very good update about young Gabby.

I thought I'd bump this for anyone interested.

*UPDATE 12/8*
Gabby had her trach tube permanently removed!! She is finally breathing on her own with no backup help. The best update....MOVEMENT! Gabby is able to roll her right arm back and forth with total control! She is doing well in physical therapy and we are still hoping she will be home for Christmas As always, a huge THANK YOU to all of you!! Your support and prayers are truly helping in Gabby's healing ❤
#GabbyStrong #HerFightIsOurFight

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.