Please send a card to help brighten a paralyzed BillsMafia members day if you can

Big Turk

Truly a tragic incident.  This girl was hit by a drunk driver while standing on a lawn, paralyzed from the neck down and her boyfriend was killed...

If you can take 5 or 10 minutes out of your day to write a card, please do so. 

I don't know this person but I am going to take a few minutes out of my day to try and brighten hers.  

Would be awesome if others could do the same!

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 14

I'm 40 and have had two fairly major surgeries and will always be impacted to some degree by them. I just don't understand how these people have the strength and courage they do. It's easy for me to say I have been unlucky with these surgeries as that is the case. Then anybody who has been in the hospital for more than a week knows how much that sucks. What I'm trying to say is it's really easy to let your mind spin in the wrong direction with your fortune. Then I consider people like this girl. How she is approaching it. The mental strength she must have and that gives others strength through her. I hope she understands this. That even as an 18 year old who has barely experienced life at all, she has the ability to impact more people than most of us ever will and she is doing so right now. I will tell her as much in a card. Thanks for sharing her story. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Truly a tragic incident.  This girl was hit by a drunk driver while standing on a lawn, paralyzed from the neck down and her boyfriend was killed...

I don't know this person but I am going to take a few minutes out of my day to try and brighten hers.  

Thank you for making us aware of Gabby's story.  My Christmas Card will be in the mail tomorrow.

I'd invite my fellow Bills fans to visit her GoFundMe (thank you @BillsM@fia) to give $17 to help her and her family this Christmas.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ye697n-help-gabby-and-her-family

Go Gabby!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Stories like this remind me to never complain about anything, ever.

Thank you for posting this, and all the best for this young woman and her future. 

It goes back to hearing a speaker one time talk about how if you took a giant room full of people, had everyone take out a piece of paper, write all their problems down on it, fold it up, put it in a hat and then went around the room and had everyone take turns drawing out a randomly folded up piece of paper that you would find out two things.

First, you'd find out that everyone has problems.

Second, you'd find out you probably wish you had your list back instead of the one you picked out of the hat.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It goes back to hearing a speaker one time talk about how if you took a giant room full of people, had everyone take out a piece of paper, write all their problems down on it, fold it up, put it in a hat and then went around the room and had everyone take turns drawing out a randomly folded up piece of paper that you would find out two things.

First, you'd find out that everyone has problems.

Second, you'd find out you probably wish you had your list back instead of the one you picked out of the hat.

My goddaughter works at ECMC as an ER nurse.  I'm going to ask her if she knows about Gabby and mention that her story

is now aware at The Stadium Wall.  If I hear anything worth sharing I will.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This breaks my heart. God bless her! 

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Where's the heart emoji ❤️

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.