NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

11 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Maybe that is just you cause he doesn't seem off at all.  Just answering questions as he always does.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

He’s sad because his dog stole the donut he took home on Friday and ate it!  

Actually he looks to me as though he’s fighting through a cold.  There’s something about the face - kind of hollows under the eyes, a bit of puffiness leading out from the nose, and he overall looks tired.’

Maybe he and Beane were burning the midnight oil having roster discussions.

I can not imagine that for McD!  Although, if it were true, it would explain the extreme sadness about the dog eating the donut he took home.

I bet Belicheck’s dog wouldn’t dare eat his donut.

I watch all the pressers during the week. He just seems fidgety. He normally seems comfortable sitting there and is giving me “what do I do with my hands” vibes. 

(I’m not actually accusing him of being high. I’m mostly joking.)

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I watch all the pressers during the week. He just seems fidgety. He normally seems comfortable sitting there and is giving me “what do I do with my hands” vibes. 

I didn’t notice extra fidgits, but he did seem a bit uncomfortable - I put it down to maybe he’s fighting a cold (because of the signs in his face)

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I know, I’m just trying to riff on it because of the “dog ate my donut” story.  Losing your donut to the dog must be extra hard if you’re fighting the munchies.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I didn’t notice extra fidgits, but he did seem a bit uncomfortable - I put it down to maybe he’s fighting a cold (because of the signs in his face)

I know, I’m just trying to riff on it because of the “dog ate my donut” story.  Losing your donut to the dog must be extra hard if you’re fighting the munchies.

That was mostly for CaliBills.

Maybe he doesn’t have cold symptoms. Maybe he swung by his local dispensary. 

Funny story about getting caught high by my mom.

I went to a HS dance and may or may not have smoked some pot. We had a finished basement, so I came home late and went right downstairs to watch TV. Pretty common. 

My mom gets up an hour or so later to go outside for a late night cigarette. Comes downstairs to say good night and starts staring at me. Then starts making all sorts of faces and moving her head around in circles and forward and backwards. I am doing my best to keep it together. Very unsure if all of that was really happening.

She stops. 

Then smacks me in the forehead, puts her finger sternly in my face and says “don’t fudging do that again” and goes to bed.

Nobody believed me that it happened. Forever as an adult a friend asked her about it while we were out to dinner. 100% true story.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

he was re-watching the 1960 Presidential debate and wants to emulate Richard Nixon.

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I can not imagine that for McD!  Although, if it were true, it would explain the extreme sadness about the dog eating the donut he took home.

I bet Belicheck’s dog wouldn’t dare eat his donut.

"We're on to the bear claws." - belicheck

• Haha (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Mango said:

I think there have been rumors that Jimmy G has a "no franchise tag" clause and is basically set to be a Jet next year. Barring Mike White becoming the guy anyways. 

I am admittedly higher on JG than most. The league is hurting for QB play, he isn't good enough, but more often he is an upgrade. Heinicke is a guy I would chase in the offseason if I were them. Better QB play flips at least one of their Pats games alone. With that they would be right back in the conversation at 8-4 and in second in the division heading into Buffalo on Sunday. 

I hope they spend money on a qb that has a 16% chance to be healthy come playoff time.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Love it.  This game is one of my earliest “in stadium” Bills memories.  My dad would alternate taking my mom, me, and my sister to games and I was lucky enough to get this one.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Does anyone know when we hear from McDermott and the coordinators?  Would normally hear Monday after a Sunday game.

@YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

"We're on to the bear claws." - belicheck

bear claws are actually pretty damn good!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

15 hours ago, Mango said:

I think there have been rumors that Jimmy G has a "no franchise tag" clause and is basically set to be a Jet next year. Barring Mike White becoming the guy anyways. 

This is Jimmy G's third serious ankle/foot injury, he has been on the injury report 7 times in the past three seasons. Will teams be willing to spend QB1 money with that history?

15 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

This is Jimmy G's third serious ankle/foot injury, he has been on the injury report 7 times in the past three seasons. Will teams be willing to spend QB1 money with that history?

I assume it won't be full on QB1 money. 

Mediocre QB money likely flips one of their Pats games alone. I was thinking that for $20-25M they could have been heading into Buffalo playing for the division lead this weekend. That would be a difficult prospect to turn down. 

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Just watched the Jets / Vikings game.   Mike White is limited, but man they are loaded and healthy.   If they had a top 10 QB, they'd be all set.  

Yes and missing Breece Hall, who arguably was an elite RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Just watched the Jets / Vikings game.   Mike White is limited, but man they are loaded and healthy.   If they had a top 10 QB, they'd be all set.   will be a good battle Sunday. 

I can't understand why the spread is 9.5. That is way too high. In my football pool I already took the Jets and the points. I think the Bills will win but I see it as a 23-20 type of game. I hope I am wrong as I would love to see the Bills win big, but I have a feeling we will all be a bunch nervous nellies around 4 on Sunday afternoon.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Agree and hope for no injuries.....but I'd prefer more like  37-10 Bills 😆

How dare you.....it definitely could happen

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I can't understand why the spread is 9.5. That is way too high. In my football pool I already took the Jets and the points. I think the Bills will win but I see it as a 23-20 type of game. I hope I am wrong as I would love to see the Bills win big, but I have a feeling we will all be a bunch nervous nellies around 4 on Sunday afternoon.

I think because White is still an unknown commodity. I have a gut feeling its going to be a 3 pick game for you guys. Listen, i want the Jets to win, but we have over achieved this year and its a success no matter what. Get rid of Wilson, bring in a vet and we can compete next season.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.