NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Pro tip: the past-tense of "lead" is "led." I offer this in the spirit of goodwill and brotherhood amongst Bills fans. 

I tend to agree, actually, that JA17's poor play in that first matchup was in fact a leading cause of the loss.

The defense definitely didn't rise up and win it anyways, but we can't have those turnovers and miscues. Have to score more.

As usual, it is never one thing but a bunch of things that could have changed the game. .... And lost in the narrative is one big thing that I think has been ignored, the missed field goal. It was very make-able, and not getting it changes the momentum, and in the end, the results.

• Agree 1

Unpopular take alert:

Gabe Davis is going to be big this weekend. I know despite all the criticisms and frustrations that have surrounded him this season, he is still a talent player who has good ball skills and field awareness. 

Im looking for Davis to have a big game with some contested catches or toe tap grabs. I think Allen trusts him, and will Diggs likely earning extra attention this weekend, I hope he gives him chances to make big plays.

Check out his rookie highlight tape. You’ll see a top of top-notch grabs. This is still the same guy who ripped off 4 TDs and over 200 plus yards against the chiefs last year. 

If they allow him to get running, and create separation with his speed/stride, I like him for a big week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Why do we have to characterize wins, again? Beating the Steelers 38-7 shows up the same as beating Detroit on a last second field goal.

To win a championship, you have to win a bunch of games in a row against playoff teams.  At that point the first 17 games don't count.  Hopefully at some point we can win 3 or 4 of those in a row. 

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Pro tip: the past-tense of "lead" is "led." I offer this in the spirit of goodwill and brotherhood amongst Bills fans. 

I tend to agree, actually, that JA17's poor play in that first matchup was in fact a leading cause of the loss.

The defense definitely didn't rise up and win it anyways, but we can't have those turnovers and miscues. Have to score more.

Thank you this was bugging me

3 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Ok thanks haven't noticed.

It sucks that Zimmer went to Miami. It should've been him.

I agree, especially since apparently Zimmer is very smart. 

So I'm sure by now Miami has all the defensive schemes and offensive play designs and calls we used while he was here.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:33 AM, Chaos said:

This game is a great sports psychology study.  The Bills should bear the Jets at home fairly easily.  In the past several years the Bills have struggled being front runners. A win in this game is evidence they have overcome this psychological block.  

I wouldn’t say easily. The jets D is legit and even though their qb isn’t elite, he is decent. Their offense has a few play makers. We aren’t playing the Texans here. Saleh is also a good coach. 

Edited by Scott7975

Jets are fully healthy. I think Davis wr didn’t play first game . He’s going to body up and make plays. Mike white is sooooo much better of a qb than Zach Wilson. And we made Zach look the best he ever looked. 

don’t get this line buf -10. To me it’s a 3 point game either way 

Edited by balln

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/injury-report/

Didn't see this upthread,but all the sick-o little Jetsies have no game status so are good to go for the game.

I hope they still feel like a Buffalo ran over them, before the game

Only one who is "questionable" is Michael Clemens, a rookie DLman who appears to be their 3rd string DE

Jets IR looks like this: (plus OT Max Mitchell on non-football injury which is probably a scum move by the Jets for a rookie who played 6 games for them)

T Mekhi Becton - Reserve/Injured
FB Nick Bawden - Reserve/Injured
T Cedric Ogbuehi - Reserve/Injured
RB Breece Hall - Reserve/Injured
OL Greg Senat - Reserve/Non-Football Injury
OL Alijah Vera-Tucker - Reserve/Injured

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I wouldn’t say easily. The jets D is legit and even though their qb isn’t elite, he is decent. Their offense has a few play makers. We aren’t playing the Texans here. Saleh is also a good coach. 

He’s not decent, he had a good game. There’s a reason he is a career back up. He had a good game last year too before playing the Bills, and how well did that work out for him? 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Saleh is a good coach, who, prior to last game, Josh Allen owned (including while in SF)

It will help the Bills D to have Poyer and Tre White, and hopefully Rousseau will be in all game.  If Milano can't go, I expect to see AJ Klein and a reprise of the slightly altered coverage scheme that allowed him to become DPOW against the Chargers.

I think an under-appreciated aspect of having our vets in at DB is that Frazier can open the playbook as far as disguised coverage.  Mike White threw 8 INTs in 4 games last season and the Bills collected 4 of them.

Last meeting was the middle of a 3 game stretch where the Bills sucked against the run.  To my eyes, this was the result of guys not being gap-sound in assignment, with Phillips one of the chief offenders (but Rousseau is really good against the run so losing him hurt).  Benford didn't help, and when he did make a tackle he seemed to get trucked 5 yds upfield.

Still, if Allen hadn't gift-wrapped two INTs, one on 2nd down (SECOND DOWN) in the Jets red zone and one on the Bills 22, OR if we don't miss a 55 yd FG at the end of the half OR if the Bills D doesn't allow a 6:13 drive by the Jets in the 4th including runs of 19, 16, 15, and 9 yards (plus a 6 yd scamper by Wilson), we had plenty of chances to win.

Big question: has Mike White learned from his 4 INT game against us last season, or can we do to him what we did then?  He threw 2 picks in the game against Minn last week - "promising, very promising!"

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

He’s not decent, he had a good game. There’s a reason he is a career back up. He had a good game last year too before playing the Bills, and how well did that work out for him? 

Jets D is better. They have more weapons on offense. Josh Allen wasn’t anything dominant until stef diggs. G Wilson is elite talent. 

im sick of the take that bc of something that happened last year / Mike white is trash now still. Totally false. 

if anything the same

logic should apply - bills O looked like garbage against jets THIS year and prob will struggle this game. Jets have t allowed a passer above 250 yards allllll season. Also look at points allowed by them game by game

14 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

when I say decent I mean that he can play a game manger role. I believe he can. I think he is better than Wilson who was a first round pick. 

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Saleh is a good coach, who, prior to last game, Josh Allen owned (including while in SF)

It will help the Bills D to have Poyer and Tre White, and hopefully Rousseau will be in all game.  If Milano can't go, I expect to see AJ Klein and a reprise of the slightly altered coverage scheme that allowed him to become DPOW against the Chargers.

I think an under-appreciated aspect of having our vets in at DB is that Frazier can open the playbook as far as disguised coverage.  Mike White threw 8 INTs in 4 games last season and the Bills collected 4 of them.

Last meeting was the middle of a 3 game stretch where the Bills sucked against the run.  To my eyes, this was the result of guys not being gap-sound in assignment, with Phillips one of the chief offenders (but Rousseau is really good against the run so losing him hurt).  Benford didn't help, and when he did make a tackle he seemed to get trucked 5 yds upfield.

Still, if Allen hadn't gift-wrapped two INTs, one on 2nd down (SECOND DOWN) in the Jets red zone and one on the Bills 22, OR if we don't miss a 55 yd FG at the end of the half OR if the Bills D doesn't allow a 6:13 drive by the Jets in the 4th including runs of 19, 16, 15, and 9 yards (plus a 6 yd scamper by Wilson), we had plenty of chances to win.

Big question: has Mike White learned from his 4 INT game against us last season, or can we do to him what we did then?  He threw 2 picks in the game against Minn last week - "promising, very promising!"

my comment is to mostly say the Jets aren’t the Texans. No game is easy. I expect the Bills to win. 

10 minutes ago, balln said:

Jets D is better. They have more weapons on offense. Josh Allen wasn’t anything dominant until stef diggs. G Wilson is elite talent. 

im sick of the take that bc of something that happened last year / Mike white is trash now still. Totally false. 

if anything the same

logic should apply - bills O looked like garbage against jets THIS year and prob will struggle this game. Jets have t allowed a passer above 250 yards allllll season. Also look at points allowed by them game by game

They have more weapons on offense??? No, they definitely don’t. Wilson looks like a good one, but who else are you picking on offense over what the Bills have? Mike White has been a back up all season. In fact he even started the season as the back up to the back up! Not really sure why you’re worried about him.

i never once mentioned their defense, they have a great defense. I think it’s going to be a tough game, but I don’t think the Bills offense will make the same mistakes they did the first game and I think a much more healthy Bills defense (which is also really good btw) holds that offense in check 

Edited by Ya Digg?
  • Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.