NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

What's poyers deal? 

It literally says "vet rest"

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

and that will continue with Von out for the season and likely the first half of next.

Im not even including guys that are done for the year or IR.  We lose guys every game.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

When did Milano get hurt anyone know? Wtf 

No one knows. 

Banged Up Bills writes a post-game injury analysis and he picked up several injuries or potential injuries during the NE game, but nothing with Milano.

2 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

He prolly did. All I know is when he’s out we lose 

Do you now?

2020  Games missed: 6  W-L 3-3

2021  Games missed: 1  W

2022 Games missed: 1 so far  L

Yes, Milano is important to our offense. 

But while I think he would have made a difference, I don't think he's the reason we lost that Jets game 17-20 either.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is actually a pretty bizarre take. Are you suggesting that there is a connection between what the pundits are saying about a large-market rookie, and how the officials are treating that rookie?

I know that every year there is a bunch of talk from fans about the refs favoring one team over another (and it's always the fan's team that is being aggrieved). But, to do so would be literally felonious. In terms of revenue, teams operate independently from the league, and the league works for the teams. For the league to conspire with the refs to favor one team damages the other teams they play. It would violate not only anti-trust laws, but would violate RICO laws, as well. Imagine if a team missed the playoffs as a result of such a scheme, how much revenue that team, and the city in which they reside would lose?

I certainly wouldn't say it's a "bizarre take."

It's long been known that certain "stars" in each league get more preference in referee calls.

Have you ever heard of the Jordan Rules in the NBA?  Lots of NFL players have stated that refs make calls in Tom Brady's favor.  And Cam Newton once stated that a ref told him to his face, that he wasn't old enough to get a roughing call.  I'll even admit that Josh Allen gets more calls in his favor since becoming one of the league's premier players, and way more than previous Bills quarterbacks.

My observance (in the 4-5 Jets games I've watched this season) is that Sauce Gardner has been getting away with contact that would be called PI in 99% of other circumstances.  The question is why.  Maybe it's just a coincidence.  Maybe he's just gotten lucky and drawn refs who are more reluctant to throw flags.  I don't know.  But if the NFL is telling refs to protect star QBs (and you absolutely know they are...), then I wouldn't put it past them pushing for a rookie CB to get some favorable calls to increase his star-potential in a big market.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Looks like Gardner is more worried about Pro Bowl Votes than covering Diggs.

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/sauce-gardner-rips-fans-for-lack-of-pro-bowl-votes

That link took me to some Jets d-bags going on about how Mike White is the man.  Do you recall what the time stamp roughly was for the Sauce Gardner stuff?

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

One thing I love (hate) about this team is how whenever there's an injury nobody gives us anything of substance.  They don't tell us sh*t and that just makes it worse for me because in between games, all I ever do is obsess over our injuries.

Question: What teams manner of handling injuries would you prefer?

I don't think most teams give you substance about injuries.   It's part of the "competitive advantage" game, keep the opponent guessing about whether or not a player will be in the game.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

My gut says they all play. Could be gamesmanship as we don't know what goes on when the media portion is over. 

We actually do, because they are listed as DNPs, meaning they did not practice. Two days in a row is not a good sign. The only gray area is those that are limited, as its hard to know if they are super limited or closer to practicing in full, only missing a few snaps/drills. 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Thanks for posting.

That's my QB.

Wow... I've been a fan since '72 and I promise you that no single player has ever been better suited for this team/ city.

There is no doubt in my mind that JA17 WILL lead us to a Championship.   It may not be this year (I think it could be).  But it will happen. 

Let's go!  One game at time.

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, mjt328 said:

My observance (in the 4-5 Jets games I've watched this season) is that Sauce Gardner has been getting away with contact that would be called PI in 99% of other circumstances. 

IMO, the Bills should go at Sauce. Not just throwing at him, but running the ball in his direction. Make Sauce make some tackles. I also hope that Josh looks to have some sustained drives during the game. Don't look for the home run shots all the time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.