NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

Just now, Big Turk said:

Hopefully a vet rest day for Poyer?

Very frustrating luck for the Bills this season.  I hate to say it too but all the Poyer injuries this year are going to have an effect on his worth next season, fairly or not. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hopefully a vet rest day for Poyer? He was not listed on the injury report yesterday.

This kind of clarifies that he was out there and working with his position group, but not out practicing.

Hopefully vet rest.

Edited by Beck Water

I gotta say that Milano disappearance is very troubling.  Considering he played okay and had a full week of rest, for him to show up on injury report 2 days as DNP leads to two thoughts:

1).  He hurt himself during the mini-bye, or

2). He has a serious enough injury that a week's rest hasn't helped.

I have officially given up on the silliness of saying 'this team is getting healthy" or "this team appears to be healthy".  This team loses one-two starters after every game and is lucky when it is only two.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

I gotta say that Milano disappearance is very troubling.  Considering he played okay and had a full week of rest, for him to show up on injury report 2 days as DNP leads to two thoughts:

I have officially given up on the silliness of saying 'this team is getting healthy" or "this team appears to be healthy".  This team loses one-two starters after every game and is lucky when it is only two.

Agreed.  And it's so frustrating too because I don't think anyone or anything is to blame...just crap luck.  Just feels like the season thus far has been snake bitten.  Obviously everything is still in front of the team and they control their own fate...but these injuries are becoming ridiculous.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And the most successful times in franchise history have been a passing offense. 

Our only season ending championship teams were 1964 and 1965.  Those teams were built around a stout defense. in 1964 they averaged 29 ppg and gave up 17.

In 1965 they only  averaged 22 ppg, but only gave up 16.  Saban traded Cookie to Denver before 1965 and the offense lost a gear.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Our only season ending championship teams were 1964 and 1965.  Those teams were built around a stout defense. in 1964 they averaged 29 ppg and gave up 17.

In 1965 they only  averaged 22 ppg, but only gave up 16.  Saban traded Cookie to Denver before 1965 and the offense lost a gear.

1960’s football is a different sport than the later Super Bowl era.

We all know this.

Doesn’t look like Jordan Phillips is playing. 

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

1960’s football is a different sport than the later Super Bowl era.

We all know this.

Doesn’t look like Jordan Phillips is playing. 

Part of the reason why Phillips was not carried over by his former team 

35 minutes ago, wjag said:

How about 3) he hurt his knee during the Lions game in a way that wasn't observed and reported?  These guys get so much adrenaline going during the game that they do get hurt and don't really even feel it.  It isn't necessarily serious, but it may need more treatment.  Most of these guy's injuries aren't really healed by a week of rest, even when they're not too serious. 

We'll just have to see.

FWIW I mined the practice reports for previous weeks.

Bills have had 39 instances where a player was "DNP" 2 days in a row.

Outcomes:

Out 30

Q, inactive 1

Q, active but left game early 1

Q, active 2

(-), active 4

(-), inactive 1

It really comes down to what the practice status is on Friday.  29 of the 30 "out" designations DNP on Fri also.

Milano is one of the guys who previously DNP 2 days, practiced Friday, was questionable for the game, and played.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Of course not.  Why would we have a team of healthy guys all together?  We havent had one full game of a full healthy defense yet this season.

and that will continue with Von out for the season and likely the first half of next.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.