NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

There's a post by Shaw66 somewhere describing his cold/wet outfit.  It features cutting the bottom off a hefty trash bag and wearing it like a skirt, among other tips.

I've outfitted and sat through plenty of these games.  I just hate it.  It's a cold soak that gets right to your bones.. I rather it be colder and snowing.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

image.jpeg.97d57e78fcf0bc7a8e0c95771b493b32.jpeg

Shocked LL Bean doesn't sell the double-ply game-day trash bags.

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I said the Bills #1 concern against the Vikings was how do they plan to cover Justin Jefferson, and they failed that test. 

Similarly, the #1 concern against the Jets is going to be how to cover Garrett Wilson?

McDermott can stop playing games and get Kaiir Elam back in the lineup.  

Don't forget they have a healthy Corey Davis now.  He was  a frequent (10) target in that game too.  He ended up with 5-85.  

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I said the Bills #1 concern against the Vikings was how do they plan to cover Justin Jefferson, and they failed that test. 

Similarly, the #1 concern against the Jets is going to be how to cover Garrett Wilson?

Tre White and Xavier Rhodes help us at CB, Elam might get some time in dime. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Regarding Jefferson, that’s just it; the coverage was there all game. Nearly all his catches were contested and our DBs couldn’t win one contest. Not one. Especially when it mattered most. But Jefferson seems to do that to most teams. I’m not convinced Wilson brings that same ability on contested catches. Then again, I haven’t seen him enough. But he’s been pretty good in what little I have seen. Having Tre back there will certainly help, too.

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Regarding Jefferson, that’s just it; the coverage was there all game. Nearly all his catches were contested and our DBs couldn’t win one contest. Not one. Especially when it mattered most. But Jefferson seems to do that to most teams. I’m not convinced Wilson brings that same ability on contested catches. Then again, I haven’t seen him enough. But he’s been pretty good in what little I have seen. Having Tre back there will certainly help, too.

My issue in that game was McDermott and Frazier. 

Everyone in the stadium knew where that ball was going on 4th-18 and the Bills, like 13-seconds, didn't do enough to double cover that WR.

Cousins literally turtling at times and chucking because we give too much space and don't employ a true double-coverage. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

My issue in that game was McDermott and Frazier. 

Everyone in the stadium knew where that ball was going on 4th-18 and the Bills, like 13-seconds, didn't do enough to double cover that WR.

Cousins literally turtling at times and chucking because we give too much space and don't employ a true double-coverage. 

I appreciate your point about the coaches, but it’s not unreasonable for a coach to expect a player to make a play when they are in a position to do so. The DBs were where they needed to be when they needed to be there and couldn’t make the play. Players need to make plays when they’re put in a position to do so. Coaches can only do so much. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I appreciate your point about the coaches, but it’s not unreasonable for a coach to expect a player to make a play when they are in a position to do so. The DBs were where they needed to be when they needed to be there and couldn’t make the play. Players need to make plays when they’re put in a position to do so. Coaches can only do so much. 

Ok.

55 minutes ago, wjag said:

I've outfitted and sat through plenty of these games.  I just hate it.  It's a cold soak that gets right to your bones.. I rather it be colder and snowing.

I Hear You, for staying comfortable, colder dry weather is always much easier than cold rain.

But, the hard part of cold rain is staying dry especially when pressure from sitting/bending knees pulls the raingear against your body, so I thought the skirt thing was genius for a situation where one isn't moving around.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

romo said all that record this, best at that while propping up mahomes and the chiefs during that game. the difference in tone and excitement between cincy and the chiefs when they were driving on offense was night and day. the boy comes off as too bias at times to me. he was great when he first come out but his mahomes/brady ball washing has got old.

23 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Now looking like it's going to be off and on showers the whole game...

image.thumb.png.a815a564f027d2cc8d9ce495064aaaf2.png

Patrick Hammer said this morning that it should be mostly cloudy on Sunday.  "Sunday is looking mainly dry with temperatures near 40. There is a slight chance of a few rain showers." 

https://www.wgrz.com/article/weather/storm-team-2-weather-forecast-wny-buffalo/71-dae13dab-e703-483f-b2b5-6fc12954e3a7

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yes, and it was said Cam Lewis was very down on himself afterwards because he knew all he had to do was knock the ball down and the game was over, and he had his hand on it.  But hopefully, like the "Hail Murray", the Bills defense will regroup, be more determined, and play harder for it.

Just now, buffalonian said:

Patrick Hammer said this morning that it should be mostly cloudy on Sunday.  "Sunday is looking mainly dry with temperatures near 40. There is a slight chance of a few rain showers." 

https://www.wgrz.com/article/weather/storm-team-2-weather-forecast-wny-buffalo/71-dae13dab-e703-483f-b2b5-6fc12954e3a7

I hope he is right!

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tracy Wolfson is a hottie

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.