NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

7 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

How dare you.....it definitely could happen

I think because White is still an unknown commodity. I have a gut feeling its going to be a 3 pick game for you guys. Listen, i want the Jets to win, but we have over achieved this year and its a success no matter what. Get rid of Wilson, bring in a vet and we can compete next season.

Your defense is legit. I think it's a one score game throughout. For us getting Dawkins back would be huge. The Bills OL isn't great but it's worse without him. Against that front 4 we are going to need our best OL out there. Even then Josh will still be scrambling to avoid the rush.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Crap.  Now the weather says 50% chance of rain.  High of 42.  Cold and wet are brutal to sit through..  

The rains sucks just remember to bring a poncho. I didn't when I went to the Jets - Bears game and it was miserable. I was soaked to the bone. However, 42 in OP in Dec. You can't ask for better than that temperature wise.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That guy has looked downright uncoverable the last two weeks with White throwing him the ball, granted the Bears and Vikings secondaries do leave something to be desired. Dude can play though. He put up good numbers against us as well when Zach Wilson was playing but our secondary was super banged up. I wonder if we play our standard zone scheme or if we mix it up and stick White on Wilson for most of the game to try and make his life miserable.

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

This is Jimmy G's third serious ankle/foot injury, he has been on the injury report 7 times in the past three seasons. Will teams be willing to spend QB1 money with that history?

If a team is desperate enough they might, the question is are the Jets dumb enough to do it?

Just now, wjag said:

Tre doesn't travel.  Me thinks Wilson will match up with Dane the Trailer.

Rhodes might be starting over Dane. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Will Elam play in this one? He was a healthy scratch last week.

That Elam story is interesting.

If McD just wanted to get Rhodes some reps they could have split reps, but the bench?

I doubt we will know the full story behind that. OBD used to leak info like no other org, but they have gotten better keeping inside business under wraps.

1 hour ago, Bleedingreennc said:

How dare you.....it definitely could happen

I think because White is still an unknown commodity. I have a gut feeling its going to be a 3 pick game for you guys. Listen, i want the Jets to win, but we have over achieved this year and its a success no matter what. Get rid of Wilson, bring in a vet and we can compete next season.

I don’t think you guys over achieved at all. Your defense is young and damn good. Your running game is also very good. That can win a lot of games in the nfl. If you guys had a QB you would be scary good imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, uninja said:

That guy has looked downright uncoverable the last two weeks with White throwing him the ball, granted the Bears and Vikings secondaries do leave something to be desired. Dude can play though. He put up good numbers against us as well when Zach Wilson was playing but our secondary was super banged up. I wonder if we play our standard zone scheme or if we mix it up and stick White on Wilson for most of the game to try and make his life miserable.

He’s a dynamic athlete. I think they should give Elam a shot to cover him. If he’s not in the doghouse for something. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Dane needs to be on the bench 

For a 2020 7th rounder he has shown some decent compete.

Needs to get better reading and anticipating routes, and positioning himself to get his head turned around to make plays on the ball.

If a db is consistently trailing wide receivers and running at a full sprint without tracking the ball, probably an issue getting regularly burned on routes and having to recover.

But he does have that recovery speed to close on receivers albeit after the catch so that is one thing.

So he is not fully baked yet, but will make a great depth guy and has room to grow his game.

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

For a 2020 7th rounder he has shown some decent compete.

Needs to get better reading and anticipating routes, and positioning himself to get his head turned around to make plays on the ball.

If a db is consistently trailing wide receivers and running at a full sprint without tracking the ball, probably an issue getting regularly burned on routes and having to recover.

But he does have that recovery speed to close on receivers albeit after the catch so that is one thing.

So he is not fully baked yet, but will make a great depth guy and has room to grow his game.

But, Romo said he’s going to be a superstar!!

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Crap.  Now the weather says 50% chance of rain.  High of 42.  Cold and wet are brutal to sit through..  

There's a post by Shaw66 somewhere describing his cold/wet outfit.  It features cutting the bottom off a hefty trash bag and wearing it like a skirt, among other tips.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.