NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They get a QB or if White turns out to be the real going forward then they will be a problem to deal with.

Mike White does not appear to me to be more than the journeyman backup he has been.  He is certainly better than Zach Wilson right now but that is not saying much.  Despite the final total on yards, he looked every bit an overmatched back up yesterday.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, FLFan said:

Mike White does not appear to me to be more than the journeyman backup he has been.  He is certainly better than Zach Wilson right now but that is not saying much.  Despite the final total on yards, he looked every bit an overmatched back up yesterday.   

The Jets will use the rest of the season to evaluate White. Looks like Zach is done in NY/NJ. Don't know how strong the QB class is in the upcoming draft, but I would imagine the Jets will select one. Flacco is near retirement age. Wilson isn't the guy. They need to bring in someone to compete with White. Jimmy G has been mentioned but I don't think he is all that great either. 

• Like (+1) 4

White made some tough throws last week. Some tight window stuff downfield. His WRs were making tough contested catches too

I came away impressed, having not watched him since last year. That being said, a lot of those throws were into coverage and it doesn;t take much to have those go the other way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Last couple games it finally seems like the refs are calling PI/Holding on Sauce Gardner. I’ve never seen a rookie get so much preferential treatment from the refs. This guy physically assaults receivers on the regular and has been getting away with it from the beginning. In the last couple games it seems like they’ve been flagging him and Lo and Behold! , he starts giving up catches. Funny how that works. WIll be interesting to see if the trend continues.

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, RunTheBall said:

Last couple games it finally seems like the refs are calling PI/Holding on Sauce Gardner. I’ve never seen a rookie get so much preferential treatment from the refs. This guy physically assaults receivers on the regular and has been getting away with it from the beginning. In the last couple games it seems likely they’ve been flagging him and Lo and Behold! , he starts giving up catches. Funny how that works. WIll be interesting to see if the trend continues.

Really hope Dawkins is back for this one. The Jets front 4 is solid as they can get pressure without blitzing. The Bills OL vs the Jets DL is the key matchup IMHO. If the Bills do well here then Allen will make plays to get us the win

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

White made some tough throws last week. Some tight window stuff downfield. His WRs were making tough contested catches too

I came away impressed, having not watched him since last year. That being said, a lot of those throws were into coverage and it doesn;t take much to have those go the other way.

They’re pretty much the patriots on the offensive side assuming mike white is nothing more or less than ok…better defense though. 
they would’ve struggled mightily on offense if we had the same lineup available for the last meeting. 

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Who else are we worried about? 

We are Bills fans and worry about everything including the sun not rising tomorrow. 

As for this game, I am feeling good about:

- Tre White is working his way back and will help against the other White's throws into tight coverage

- Hoping Dorsey continues his progress towards scheming the patient, short passing game against a good DL

- Cook is getting more work and showing decent progress

- Allen's arm (and brain?) looked good against the Pats**

- Allen used McKenzie well against the Pats** 

I have been superstitious earlier this season and it hasnt helped. So, this time I go with my feelings and predict that the Bills will win with a 2+ TD margin. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Last couple games it finally seems like the refs are calling PI/Holding on Sauce Gardner. I’ve never seen a rookie get so much preferential treatment from the refs. This guy physically assaults receivers on the regular and has been getting away with it from the beginning. In the last couple games it seems like they’ve been flagging him and Lo and Behold! , he starts giving up catches. Funny how that works. WIll be interesting to see if the trend continues.

Wonder how he’d be viewed if gabe didn’t drop that likely game winner (at worst game tie-er 😂) last meeting 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

You have to assume coaches are asking officiating crews to keep on eye on this.  It was so blatant earlier in the season.

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Really hope Dawkins is back for this one. The Jets front 4 is solid as they can get pressure without blitzing. The Bills OL vs the Jets DL is the key matchup IMHO. If the Bills do well here then Allen will make plays to get us the win

They’ve got a better front 4 than the pats but I think 4 quarters against the pats in NE with quessenberry getting hurt early and clearly playing very injured was a worse situation than we’ll see this week. 

at least you get a week to gameplan around whos gonna be healthy.  Quess could hardly even get in guys way in that NE game 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

Me and my dad are flying in from Oregon for this game, can't wait! Go Bills!

My son asked to come see Josh play in person for his Birthday present. We are driving up Friday. 
   This will be my first regular season game seeing Josh. I was so spoiled as a kid watching Kelly and Co live and in person so many times.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

34 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Didnt last year we had a similar scenario? White came off like 2-3 big stat games leading Jets to some wins out of nowhere. Media was on the White hype train, he was like the second coming. Then he played the Bills and got destroyed and went back to the shadows. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They’re pretty much the patriots on the offensive side assuming mike white is nothing more or less than ok…better defense though. 
they would’ve struggled mightily on offense if we had the same lineup available for the last meeting. 

Have to disagree with you. The Jets have a lot of emerging play makers all over the offense, New England has Stevenson and Meyers who are a little better than replacement level.

Wilson/ Davis and Moore are a very good trio of WR and they have some solid depth there. Wilson is emerging as a real play maker. Davis is enough of a good vet to make teams pay for rolling coverage to Wilson. Moore is underutilized.

Hall is a star in the making. He is injured but Carter and Knight are fast and slippery.

Uzomah and Conklin are solid TEs.

If the Jets just get competent QB play they will be very dangerous. New England could have Aaron Rodgers and still struggle offensively.

• Agree 1

I think our defense is going to bring Mike White back down to earth this Sunday.

You always see this happen with backups across the league. They come in and have a few great games and everyone is like "wait a second, has this been our best guy all along?!". Then some team eventually brings them crashing back to earth. Maybe because there's more film on this player's tendencies, maybe they just have a bad day at the office. Whatever the case may be, everyone quickly remembers why this player was a backup to begin with. I'm not that concerned about the Jets offense vs the Bills defense.

Now the Jets DEFENSE, that's another story. They, I do believe, are genuinely good, and will give the Bills some trouble this Sunday. Nevertheless, I expect the Bills to take care of business, and I think the 9.5 point spread is just about right.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.