Dolphins Signing Eric Fisher

H2o

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Bills didn't have too much trouble defensively with the Dolphins offense in September - 212 yds offensively, 15 1st downs - even with 4/5 of our starting secondary out for various reasons and missing Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips.  What do you see the Phins as having improved on offense since then?

It was our offense that struggled to clinch the deal in the red zone, and to protect Allen as we started the day without Mitch Morse and our OLmen were dropping like flies.  Since then I see us as having improved on offense by finding a better run game and a more patient passing game.  My biggest worry is the Bills OL.

Plus no having to play in the oppressive heat and humidity of Miami after a short week. :angry:

• Like (+1) 1

Funny how if the Dolphins sign this guy it was a desperate move. If Beane and the Bills had signed him after seeing how terrible Bobby Hart played, the board would love it. 

Fisher was never more than a capable LT at his best and post Achilles he is probably a turnstile.  Let's all hope Dawkins is ready to play soon.

8 hours ago, prissythecat said:

San Fran has the #1 defense in the league featuring Joey Bosa.  Bills defense is ranked quite a bit lower.    So I wouldn't get too excited especially with no Von Miller?

We lost miller but got back tre white and Rousseau.  Poyer,edmunds, and Milano have gotten healthy too.  The bills defense is going to be considerably better down the stretch even without von 

not to mention I think op was saying at an overall team level we are ahead of the Brock purdy niners

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Funny how if the Dolphins sign this guy it was a desperate move. If Beane and the Bills had signed him after seeing how terrible Bobby Hart played, the board would love it. 

Fisher was never more than a capable LT at his best and post Achilles he is probably a turnstile.  Let's all hope Dawkins is ready to play soon.

No, it's a desperation move for any team.  There's a reason he was unsigned for the last 11 months.

11 hours ago, MJS said:

A lot of football left to play, and they are playing the hard part of their schedule. They beat up a lot of bad football teams. So yes, his stats are good so far, but let's see how he ends up. He just had an embarrassing performance last week.

I wouldn't call it that.  Not a great game but he had 2 tds.  

Personally I don't think he's elite despite his stats.  I think he has the best wr duo in the league majorly helping but any way you cut it he's having a great season.   Qbr is higher than Josh.  

People are stuck on "he sucks" not even allowing the chance that he improved.

16 hours ago, prissythecat said:

lineups.com for stats lol?

Points is not as good an indicator for defensive superiority compared to total yards. And there is a reason defense rankings  defaults to total yards first.   Bills are number 10 based on yards… which feels right as teams are not scared by the Bills defense  compared to say a Philly or a San Fran 

It’s  nice to be optimistic but the Bills didn’t do so hot against the Jets running last time as I recall?   What formidable run plugger have we added since then ?

Last time I checked we win or lose via points, not yards.

You can recall any game you want in the past - it's quite irrelevant in todays league. I know the Jets played well against us. Heck, they won as they scored more points than us.

But we will be ready this coming Sunday. Our D is getting healthy and our mindset seems to be back!

GO BILLS!

6 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Last time I checked we win or lose via points, not yards.

You can recall any game you want in the past - it's quite irrelevant in todays league. I know the Jets played well against us. Heck, they won as they scored more points than us.

But we will be ready this coming Sunday. Our D is getting healthy and our mindset seems to be back!

GO BILLS!

critical thinking must not be your thing then. a good defense doesn’t allow the ball to be moved period.  points is an outcome of ball movement so it’s not the most suitable metric to put primary focus on.

14 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Not if they’ve been following fishers career

4 hours ago, prissythecat said:

critical thinking must not be your thing then. a good defense doesn’t allow the ball to be moved period.  points is an outcome of ball movement so it’s not the most suitable metric to put primary focus on.

Yeah - I get it. You are correct. Most "good defenses don't allow the ball to be moved period". Yeah, we see that all the time. Every weekend in the NFL defenses don't allow the ball to be moved, period.

Wow nancy, you must be watching some other league because scoring and ball movement is at an all-time high this season. Exciting times.

Please enlighten us with your wisdom: what defense in the NFL has done this? I mean, heck. They must ALL be bad defenses according to your theory.

I'm just happy with a top five D (which we are) and a #1 seed currently in the AFC. I'm also happy with a W any day of the week. Whether we play well and win by 1 point, or play even better and don't allow ball movement period. Just win baby!

GO BILLS!!!

13 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Dolphins talk about the Jets beating crappy teams, their win streak came against a horrible bunch of teams. They were exposed this past weekend, and its only going to get worse with Armstead out. Good, I hope they lose the rest of their games.

This is something we can agree on :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, buffalostu2 said:

Is he better than Q as our swing tackle?

No. He was a liability in pass blocking here in Indy.  His prowess in run blocking has diminished.  The Achilles injury took away his mobility 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Yeah - I get it. You are correct. Most "good defenses don't allow the ball to be moved period". Yeah, we see that all the time. Every weekend in the NFL defenses don't allow the ball to be moved, period.

Wow nancy, you must be watching some other league because scoring and ball movement is at an all-time high this season. Exciting times.

Please enlighten us with your wisdom: what defense in the NFL has done this? I mean, heck. They must ALL be bad defenses according to your theory.

I'm just happy with a top five D (which we are) and a #1 seed currently in the AFC. I'm also happy with a W any day of the week. Whether we play well and win by 1 point, or play even better and don't allow ball movement period. Just win baby!

GO BILLS!!!

Your response is truly full of win .  Points scoring is at an all time high ?  Which site says that ? I did a quick Google and 2022 is not even in the top 20 of all seasons.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/NFL/scoring.htm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.