Dolphins Signing Eric Fisher

H2o

31 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

When did he say that? Genuinely curious as I haven’t seen anything from him about his retirement status

This was discussed ad nausem in several different threads.  Dude is DONE.  Has a "school" for Offensive Linemen now.

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

Not sure what you are talking about? We are ranked 5th overall, 5 points out of 2nd overall. This includes all of the injuries. Things are looking a LOT better and getting guys healthy and focused.

NFL Defensive Team Rankings 2022-23 (lineups.com)

We are going on a run starting Sunday vs the Jests.

GO BILLS BABY!!!!

lineups.com for stats lol?

Points is not as good an indicator for defensive superiority compared to total yards. And there is a reason defense rankings  defaults to total yards first.   Bills are number 10 based on yards… which feels right as teams are not scared by the Bills defense  compared to say a Philly or a San Fran 

It’s  nice to be optimistic but the Bills didn’t do so hot against the Jets running last time as I recall?   What formidable run plugger have we added since then ?

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Stats don't lie.  At least you have to admit he's having a great season. 

There’s the difference right there. Yes I will say he’s having a terrific year stats wise. But as far as calling him a great QB? Not even close. 

32 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

He is playing within a system that made Jimmy G and Mr. Irrelevant (Brock Purdy) look good. It's QB friendly. 

Yes great stats, great season. At the end of the day though everything has to be perfect for him to succeed, he elevates no one around him. Not to mention they have to constantly tell him how great he is to keep his confidence up.

He isn't a great QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

A lot of football left to play, and they are playing the hard part of their schedule. They beat up a lot of bad football teams. So yes, his stats are good so far, but let's see how he ends up. He just had an embarrassing performance last week.

4 hours ago, prissythecat said:

San Fran has the #1 defense in the league featuring Joey Bosa.  Bills defense is ranked quite a bit lower.    So I wouldn't get too excited especially with no Von Miller?

A heat exhausted Bills defense on a short week without 3 starters in the secondary and starting 2 rookie corners held them to 21 points. 

It's in Buffalo on Primetime

Tre, Poyer, Morse and Oliver will play this time.

A Dub puts a stranglehold on the AFCE.

I'm beyond EXCITED for this one sir!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

San Fran has the #1 defense in the league featuring Joey Bosa.  Bills defense is ranked quite a bit lower.    So I wouldn't get too excited especially with no Von Miller?

They put up 21 points against the Bills practice squad

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yes, don't worry, we all still think your beloved QB is still the best in the league

I mean... I dont lol 😃

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Did you intentionally use "Tua" and "Great QB.." in the same sentence?

He also intentionally tried to excuse he poor play.  Honestly it was pretty much the same play he always has.  The difference is his receivers werent bailing him out as often.  Even some of the throws he did make were the typical off target bailed out by receiver balls

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Points is not as good an indicator for defensive superiority compared to total yards. And there is a reason defense rankings  defaults to total yards first.   Bills are number 10 based on yards… which feels right as teams are not scared by the Bills defense  compared to say a Philly or a San Fran 

It’s  nice to be optimistic but the Bills didn’t do so hot against the Jets running last time as I recall?   What formidable run plugger have we added since then ?

Yards dont mean jack if you keep the other team out of the endzone.

Ok? We’re going to be at home in a rematch of a game we should’ve won the first time. Our defense is no slouch either and guys are getting healthier

Until a few weeks ago (Prior to the Vikings offensive explosion and bunch of no-name RBs running against us) we were in the top #3 in defensive category including points allowed. 

Today,  5th against the Run, 9th in allowing Rushing TD (9) ,   15th against the Pass (yards), 9th in allowing passing TD (15)

The 49ers are #1 in defense in Points/Game at 15.8.  

The Bills    are #4 in defense in Points/Game at 17.4

The Bills defense is very good.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Jones, Oliver and Lawson have been playing outstanding the last three weeks.   Except for one mental error, they would have shut down the Patriots last Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills didn't have too much trouble defensively with the Dolphins offense in September - 212 yds offensively, 15 1st downs - even with 4/5 of our starting secondary out for various reasons and missing Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips.  What do you see the Phins as having improved on offense since then?

It was our offense that struggled to clinch the deal in the red zone, and to protect Allen as we started the day without Mitch Morse and our OLmen were dropping like flies.  Since then I see us as having improved on offense by finding a better run game and a more patient passing game.  My biggest worry is the Bills OL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.