Receiver Options For the Remainder of the Season?

Warriorspikes51

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fie with what he have, I would like to see Shakir get developed and insert Hines as a WR more.  I have already written off Crowder and Stevenson, keep the ine reserve emergency.

Not exactly a "process" guy, his attitude in Houston sucks.

He playing for the Texans. Nuff said.   

I honestly don't think anyone outside of Beasley and Cooks add anything, assuming Cooks is in shape. Beasley simply because he knows the system. 

I would rather Shakir step up in all honesty though.

Beckham is on a different level from those guys if he's healthy. I assume Beane is only interested if he is healthy now or within the next 4 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We cut a WR that’s starting for a wining team. 

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It's possible Hodgins asked to be released? Otherwise I don't get that move either

@ngbillshad it right.  They cut him when they signed Marlowe.  The other factors were the DL and CB injuries.

I thought they should have kept Hodgins (especially with Kumerow with a bad ankle) but it was a numbers thing.

I mentioned in another thread I bet Beane thought he could get him to the PS and would bring him back full time after

all those DL/DB injuries were done.  I bet he has some regrets over that now.

I've been down on Kumerow's WR worth, but he was running some good routes when needed this year.

He was the recipient of some bad passes by Josh that could have gone for some decent yards.  My hope is he can come back soon.

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Internal

Khalil Shakir - Showed well in BAL and vs PIT. For some reason, is not being used?

Marquez Stevenson - Practicing, has never contributed
Jamison Crowder - May return late in season / for playoffs

Nyheim Hines - is capable of being used as a slot receiver.

Kumerow is on IR and will be forced to sit out until at least Week 15 against the Dolphins.

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I've been down on Kumerow's WR worth, but he was running some good routes when needed this year.

He was the recipient of some bad passes by Josh that could have gone for some decent yards.  My hope is he can come back soon.

Kumerow was doing a lot of downfield blocking which is not allowed by linemen.  None of the other WRs are as good him at that.  It is why he had so many snaps.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fie with what he have, I would like to see Shakir get developed and insert Hines as a WR more.  I have already written off Crowder and Stevenson, keep the ine reserve emergency.

Not exactly a "process" guy, his attitude in Houston sucks.

If I played for Houston my attitude would probably suck too. Don’t know his background, but man playing for Cleveland or Houston. I have a pretty positive attitude, but not sure I could hold it together with one of those franchises. 

Doesn’t it concern any of those on the OBJ train that he’s not even a year removed from his second ACL surgery, does not workout for teams, is obviously not in “football” shape and by all accounts wants a multi-year deal? This guy may not even play this season, is it really worth the money and risk for this guy? If he was holding workouts I may feel more comfortable here, but I don’t think he makes a difference down the stretch in Buffalo. I would love to see Beasley back or healthy Crowded instead, but what do I know though? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

Doesn’t it concern any of those on the OBJ train that he’s not even a year removed from his second ACL surgery, does not workout for teams, is obviously not in “football” shape and by all accounts wants a multi-year deal? This guy may not even play this season, is it really worth the money and risk for this guy? If he was holding workouts I may feel more comfortable here, but I don’t think he makes a difference down the stretch in Buffalo. I would love to see Beasley back or healthy Crowded instead, but what do I know though? 🤷🏻‍♂️

OBJ is a lottery ticket at this point, It’s 5 weeks until the playoffs and this dude can’t workout. I don’t think he actually signs with a team this season.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They need to play Shakir more.  He is slippery after catching the ball and I feel like the Bills offense was playing its best in the passing game with him getting significant snaps.  Honestly it’s something that has baffled me since the early flashes that he hasn’t been incorporated more.  Why Stevenson continues to survive the roster is equally as baffling. He was an awful returner and looks super stiff as a receiver. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cooks is the only one that would interest me.  However, he would pry have to give up money in order for the Texans to release him in some kind of settlement like OBJ had with the Browns last year.  He'd then have to clear waivers and then agree to sign here.  I don't think it's happening.

If we don't sign OBJ (looks like he's a Cowgirl soon) then we're going to have to make what we have work.  It's time for Dorsey to earn his pinstripes.

It’s most likely OBJ or stick with what we have internally.  Dallas has an allure in a big city, lots of fanfare, but if you have a choice of the $ is similar to play with Josh or Dak, which one?  

We know the answer would be Josh and given the six PRIMETIME games with no chance of that changing as long as Josh is our QB.  It most likely just comes down to $.

On 12/5/2022 at 12:52 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

Michael Thomas would be a SUPREME addition. Only caveat is that it would make Keyshawn Johnson a Bills fan. That's almost worst than Nick Wright jumping on the bandwagon

On 12/5/2022 at 2:07 PM, strive_for_five_guy said:

If Cooks or Thomas were actually cut, why would other contenders pass on these guys through the waiver process

before we had our shot?

Because he's on IR and out for the season?

Shakir and Hines, this slow poking both of them into the offense needs to stop, just play these guys already, just sayin, 

22 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

Well he’s fast-still outrunning the police

Likely banned from airlines.

12 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Shakir and Hines, this slow poking both of them into the offense needs to stop, just play these guys already, just sayin, 

here is song for you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.