Receiver Options For the Remainder of the Season?

Warriorspikes51

Assuming we don't get OBJ

Diggs

Davis
McKenzie - Strong performances the last few weeks. 
John Brown - Hopefully can still play. Remains to be seen

Other options?

Internal

Khalil Shakir - Showed well in BAL and vs PIT. For some reason, is not being used?

Marquez Stevenson - Practicing, has never contributed
Jamison Crowder - May return late in season / for playoffs

Nyheim Hines - is capable of being used as a slot receiver.

External
T.Y. Hilton  - Unsure of desire / shape

Will Fuller - Won't play in cold / mental state
Cole Beasley - Has stated he could come back if asked  (not sure if he was serious) or is in shape
Brandin Cooks - Possibly could be released and given chance to play for contender
Michael Thomas - on IR, rumors Saints will part with him after season. If foot/toe are healed, a release at end of regular season is a small possibility

Any other thoughts? 

• Eyeroll 1

Fie with what he have, I would like to see Shakir get developed and insert Hines as a WR more.  I have already written off Crowder and Stevenson, keep the ine reserve emergency.

Just now, Chicharito said:

If it could actually be plausible Brandon Cooks all day!

Not exactly a "process" guy, his attitude in Houston sucks.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fie with what he have, I would like to see Shakir get developed and insert Hines as a WR more.  I have already written off Crowder and Stevenson, keep the ine reserve emergency.

Not exactly a "process" guy, his attitude in Houston 

would you have a great attitude given the situation Houston? I understand playing the cards you are dealt. He would be a huge edition to this team.

Just now, Chicharito said:

would you have a great attitude given the situation Houston? I understand playing the cards you are dealt. He would be a huge edition to this team.

No but I wouldn't cause the fuss and take a day off for rest and then announce next day he has a calf injury and wont play,  Especially since his is on his fith time in 6 years.  You want to take a chance on him?  and he wont come cheap.

I've said in the past that we need to get our depth more involved and rotating in. 

Which was before Kumerow was put on IR with the ankle. 

So I think internal is the way to go, Kumerow should be nearing a return provided his ankle wasn't a break, just a sprain. 

If he could rotate in with Shakir, that should be enough. 

OBJ, with all the rumors about him not working out, and questions about his overall health, you'd of course expect the Bills to clear that before adding him. Because we need him now, not 2023. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Not exactly a "process" guy, his attitude in Houston sucks.

What was it that Julius told Gary in Remember the Titans when they were arguing doing two-a-days?

"Attitude Reflects Leadership"

Houston is devoid of a lot of things, and leadership is at the top of the list.

ns

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Assuming we don't get OBJ

Diggs

Davis
McKenzie - Strong performances the last few weeks. 
John Brown - Hopefully can still play. Remains to be seen

Other options?

Internal

Khalil Shakir - Showed well in BAL and vs PIT. For some reason, is not being used?

Marquez Stevenson - Practicing, has never contributed
Jamison Crowder - May return late in season / for playoffs

Nyheim Hines - is capable of being used as a slot receiver.

External
T.Y. Hilton  - Unsure of desire / shape

Will Fuller - Won't play in cold / mental state
Cole Beasley - Has stated he could come back if asked  (not sure if he was serious) or is in shape
Brandin Cooks - Possibly could be released and given chance to play for contender
Michael Thomas - on IR, rumors Saints will part with him after season. If foot/toe are healed, a release at end of regular season is a small possibility

Any other thoughts? 

I thought i heard that Crowder was practicing again? (Could have just been a dream that i got called up to play WR for the Bills)

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think we need anymore wrs.  Diggs & Davis are the go to guys. McKenzie and Knox have been getting open but targeted less. After these 4, I'd incorporate Smoke, Shakir & Hines more into the mix.  That's 7 capable receivers. I could care less if Kumerow,  Stevenson and Crowder ever come back. These would be my top 7. 

Our problem is OL, not WR.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

because he wants to be 

He wanted to be traded too and even sat out a game at the deadline because he wasnt happy...if they weren't willing to grant his request when they could have got something in return why would they do it now for free?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.