Here we go

Italian Bills

The Bills are capable of making this run if they get and stay healthy.  Even if they dont, I am not scared of playing in KC and no one else should be either.  KC is a tough out either way and we have shown we can beat them.  Stadium doesnt matter.  I dont care about the "but but but we havent beaten them there in the playoffs."  We havent beaten them there in the playoffs... yet.  I do want the division though.  I think I would puke if Miami won the division.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nosejob said:

I've been preaching this right along. If we do this, not only can we stop the run , but we can also rotate our LBs on blitzes. If we double Wilson with White and Hamlin along with Rhodes and Poyer taking away Moore, we should be able to keep the Jets off the field.

And what about Davis, Berrios, Conklin, RBs?  No way we double Wilson and Moore.  

Our coverage will suffer without Taron.  There’s a reason he usually plays 💯 of the symbols.  Imo, 3 LBs is only good vs super run heavy teams that are lacking weapons in the pass game. Taron is a beast vs the run for a CB

Now I want to see what type of heart and character this team has.

We control our destiny, we cannot afford to lose again this season. Hopefully we only gain steam here like last season, go into the playoffs with a team ending the season playing its best football consistently

32 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

@Italian Bills OP, question: with the night games (like 8:15pm, which is 2:15am Italian time), do you stay up and watch? Or do tape delay? I will be in Italy for the Miami game and am debating.

When games are at that time, i can’t stand up so late because the next morning i’d be like a zombie at work 😅

I have NFL GAME PASS PRO, so i watch games during the lunch time and after work, without reading anything about Americans sports but NY Post Knicks. 

36 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

@Italian Bills OP, question: with the night games (like 8:15pm, which is 2:15am Italian time), do you stay up and watch? Or do tape delay? I will be in Italy for the Miami game and am debating.

Why in Italy ? Vacations ? Work ? And where will you stay ?

38 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

When games are at that time, i can’t stand up so late because the next morning i’d be like a zombie at work 😅

I have NFL GAME PASS PRO, so i watch games during the lunch time and after work, without reading anything about Americans sports but NY Post Knicks. 

Why in Italy ? Vacations ? Work ? And where will you stay ?

A work project in Bolzano. Will be there about six days, heard it’s pretty beautiful up in the mountains. I’ll probably go airplane mode till Sunday morning and then watch the game before we head out for some kind of walk/hike (whatever is possible with two little kids). 

What part of Italy are you based in?

6 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

A work project in Bolzano. Will be there about six days, heard it’s pretty beautiful up in the mountains. I’ll probably go airplane mode till Sunday morning and then watch the game before we head out for some kind of walk/hike (whatever is possible with two little kids). 

What part of Italy are you based in?

I’m not too far, look for Morbegno (SO) and you’ll get me, i’m around 5 hours far from there, by car obviously. 

You’ll find Bolzano and the Alps wonderful my friend, surrounded by great mountains and beautiful landscapes. 

What kind of job take you here ? 

6 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok… yesterday it happened what everyone here dreamed: 

- loss of KC, PHINS and JETS. 

This is our master chance to get what we deserve: THE FIRST SEED !

For the last years we have been pretty good but when it comes to the last game before the SB we were always forced to play in that hated field called Arrowhead because we have never been the n.1 seed. 

The road is still a long way to go, but we are a great team and getting healthier week after week we can dominate every team, i do not have doubt on it. 

Another thing i would love to ask you is: we play almost always the nickel; i noted that we suffer much in the soft spots in the middle of the field with short throws, so i was wondering if with 3 LBs at the same time, Edmunds, Milano and Klein it could help to close those spots forcing the QBs to go deep where we have a great secondary when all healthy. 
And with the 4-3 we could also strengthen the run D. 

Opinions ? 

I'm definitely not a fan of the nickel base defense crap. Much more of a traditional 4-3 guy but to be honest probably like the 3-4 a bit more especially with an aggressive coordinator that knows how to properly run it like Belichik in NE.

But I think this defense is going to have to continue to adapt either way especially since we have Klein back which is as good as you can get in midseason dumpster diving in terms of a guy who can still play and knows the system. He's a gritty throwback player and I've always liked his style of play. And he's inching closer to making some big plays for this unit again including the INT he dropped a few weeks ago.

Knew

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

And what about Davis, Berrios, Conklin, RBs?  No way we double Wilson and Moore.  

Our coverage will suffer without Taron.  There’s a reason he usually plays 💯 of the symbols.  Imo, 3 LBs is only good vs super run heavy teams that are lacking weapons in the pass game. Taron is a beast vs the run for a CB

Are you suggesting that they can go 5 wide with a back?....or 2? I'm not a math wizard, but....is that possible? I don't think White would have the time for all those progressions. Besides Milano and Edmunds can cover at least Conklin?

Take away Wilson, Moore and Conklin, we should still be able to stop the run game and run blitz. IDK, 49 years of following football and this team, I guess I have my own opinion.

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm definitely not a fan of the nickel base defense crap. Much more of a traditional 4-3 guy but to be honest probably like the 3-4 a bit more especially with an aggressive coordinator that knows how to properly run it like Belichik in NE.

But I think this defense is going to have to continue to adapt either way especially since we have Klein back which is as good as you can get in midseason dumpster diving in terms of a guy who can still play and knows the system. He's a gritty throwback player and I've always liked his style of play. And he's inching closer to making some big plays for this unit again including the INT he dropped a few weeks ago.

Knew

Didn't Klein have 9 tackles against Detroit....and the game sealing 4th down stop?

9 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Are you suggesting that they can go 5 wide with a back?....or 2? I'm not a math wizard, but....is that possible? I don't think White would have the time for all those progressions. Besides Milano and Edmunds can cover at least Conklin?

Take away Wilson, Moore and Conklin, we should still be able to stop the run game and run blitz. IDK, 49 years of following football and this team, I guess I have my own opinion.

Didn't Klein have 9 tackles against Detroit....and the game sealing 4th down stop?

No, I’m not suggesting that——

In general, the jets have good playmakers. On any given play, they’ll have 5 good playmakers on the field.  Doubling 2 of them would allow you to rush 4 and leave everyone else in single coverage with ZERO help.  That’s not something McFrazier does. 

you saying that McFrazier would double Wilson AND moore…..and that just not going to happen.  Watch and see

56 minutes ago, nosejob said:

He played large. And think that was the game he also dropped what should have been an easy INT.

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Just say "Bah Fangul!!" to the next Italian person you meet. I'm sure that will go over well with them.

… and lean forward with a kissee face, puckered with eyes closed.

Benissimo, mio amico Italiano!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.